Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2014, 14:52   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: How NOT to exit

This video also reminds us why its important to think 10 times before stopping on the highway. We can drive safely by keeping good distance and not making the mistake that the car driver in the video made, but what about the situation when the parked car is ours?

I always try to find these 'lay bye' kind of areas on four laned roads for stopping or some clearing which is well clear of the road. Some times occupants in my car get irritated that I am making such a fuss about stopping by the road side and am so choosy in selecting my spot. Of course I stop only if there is a very pressing reason to stop. Its generally a bad idea to stop / park vehicles on any highway.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 15:15   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
Thanks for putting up the video. The crash was chilling and I wonder if the occupants survived!

amazingly she did.

Here is a picture of her car after the crash:

http://www.demorgen.be/binnenland/vr...lter-a1988948/

When you see the video and the wreck of her car afterwards, it is really amazing she survived.
The lady in question broke two of her top vertibrae and one of her hands got crushed. She spend some time in a coma, but has since woken up and is now busy recuperating

Jeroen

Last edited by Jeroen : 16th October 2014 at 15:16.
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 15:34   #33
BHPian

Its not just about the exits. On the Hyderabad road from Bangalore, there a lot of median crossings for a village or something, during which on the right hand side a new lane opens up. This lane is only for taking a right and the lane gets closed within 50 odd meters. Most of the vehicles tailgating a bus/truck think that there a right lane that has opened up and try to overtake the truck /bus only to end up over the median.
Old 16th October 2014, 15:39   #34
BANNED

The car is LHD, and the rate with which the driver veers across two lanes, trying to overtake a truck from the wrong side, simply points to the driver' inexperience. The driver would have got away with this stunt had the car been a RHD (would have seen the parked truck much earlier), but in a LHD vehicle it is suicide action.
But, anyways as they say, "vinaash kaaley vipreet buddhi" - When the time is not right, the mind also start playing games! While driving, please give your 110% to the road.
Old 16th October 2014, 15:43   #35
Senior - BHPian

Brrr!!

Seen these things many a time on Indian roads, Especially scary if you are a 2-wheeler rider behind "that" moron who saw the exit the last micro-second and slams his brakes... Incidently, on way to work today I happened to be such a biker behind a black chevy spark who saw the exit (clearly visible from 1Km away) and decided to take it at the last 10 meters!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks