Team-BHP - Need suggestions was involved in an accident in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Need suggestions was involved in an accident in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/49415-need-suggestions-involved-accident-bangalore.html)

Hi all!

I bought a used Chevy Optra recently. When I was coming towards Vidhan Soudha from K R Road, the following incident happened:

Left side of the road was under so I was driving extremely slow (less than 5KMPH) during that time one cyclist overtook me from right and stood across the median probably he wanted to cross the road. Then he saw another car approaching fast on the opposite line and he suddenly came back and touched my car. Because of this, he fallen down and the other car went on his cycle. Fortunately nothing happened to the cyclist but his cycle got damaged. Now the other car (which happened to be Corolla) driver came shouting at me saying I hit car then hit the cyclist. He had 4 dents on his car
probably he got them somewhere else. Now he filed a complaint against me
saying I hit him and was trying to run away during that time hit the cyclist.
Both the cars were seized for three days.

After which an Inspector verified both the vehicles. He was surprised to see my car and asked me why is it here since there were no damages on that.
I hope his report will be fair. So somehow I got my car back.

Now police people have charged me saying, I hit the cycle and cycle hit the
Corolla. Since the cyclist was a poor student, I spent some money and repaired his cycle.

Now what do you guys suggest? Simply pay the penalty of 1200/- for rash and negligent driving and accept the crime? or Fight against that case?
IPC 279 is probably small crime but still I am kind of upset since there was no mistake from my side. BTW that car belongs to a criminal lawyer in high court.

Thanks a lot,
Kumar

Pay off yaar. These high court lawyers will have more than enough contacts, while I'm not under estimating your position, Rs 1200 is not too much money. In a country like ours, U'll just end up running to court some 100 odd times. But if you think this'll hurt your ego well then go fight man.

i suggest you pay the rs 1200

it will safe you a lot of time and hassle

All junctions near Vidhan Saudha was under Camera surveillance. Why dont you contact trafic police to check out the details of the junction where this happend? You may go thorough some good contacts to get them screened unofficially.

If I was you and the Camera Footage was not there then I would have accepted the crime and pay the fine. At the same time why dont you publish his Car no for our future reference? So that if the same car invlove in similiar "Accedents" later, we can identify it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper (Post 1063125)
All junctions near Vidhan Saudha was under Camera surveillance. Why dont you contact trafic police to check out the details of the junction where this happend? You may go thorough some good contacts to get them screened unofficially.

Whatever good contacts you may have, the HC lawyer will have one that is "better". So just pay off and forget about it. If you dont, you will never be able to forget it. Serious!

BH.

You are getting away cheap. Pay up & move on.

I also suggest pay off.
I also once had a incident involving a police SP and was charged for no fault of mine. Hate to think of it and even write down the details... was asked to pay accept & pay Rs 1000/- or defend in court. I just paid.

Its really a trend these days! person with no fault of his own gets tangled up and person committing mistake gets away by making noises.
As rightly said by fellow members to avoid harassment pay the penalty and move on.
Its difficult since you will be paying with no faults of yours but given the circumstances no point clinging on and wasting time and energy.
It would have been lot easier if fellow bhpians in your area could have joined you when the corolla driver was making allegations against you in police stations.

The easy way out in todays conditions is to pay and move on. Unless You have got contacts that you could use to get access to the camera footage. If you can do that and only if you are sure you can, i suggest you should go ahead ad dont let the guy put the whole bame on you. TOmmorrow he could kill somene and try putting the blame on anyone else.

Better Pay the Fine. If you fight against it , you will end up spending lot of time for that. I was involved in an accident on October 2008 and i paid fine in the court . The case was over in 1 day. Went to the court when the case came up , accepted the crime , the magistrate fined me . Case was over within 2 mins , just got to spend 1 day in the court , thats it. I was booked under someother section ( 308 or 398 - not sure ) for rash driving. Fine was around Rs.3000.

Yea man, go with what everyones saying, its not worth it to put up a fight with the lawyers or that sort (no offense). If you do try to put up a fight you will end hurting more than your ego! Save yourself the trouble buddy.

Hey. but what happened to the cyclist? Isnt he opening his mouth and speaking the truth? just putting a point forward, doesnt mean i'm asking you to fight against that lawyer.

The cyclist's probably scared of the lawyer too.

I hate such incidents. I think you shouldn't let go of such people. I know guys, paying the fine 1200 RS is not a big deal and you will save time too- but seeing as it wasn't his fault at all and just because that dumb high court lawyer has some Corolla and acts too much he cannot get away with it. If you had to pay for the bicycle also then file a case against that lawyer however much contacts he has. The law is the law and if you have proof (such as surveillance camera) then book him. Don't become put down by these people. We don't always have to be put down for no fault of ours. If you know its the truth there is nothing wrong in telling the court that it wasn't your fault. It happens trillions of times in Chennai here. I just hate it and I am so fed up that I will refuse to pay the fines if an incident occurs if it is not my fault. Remember Sathyameva Jayathe tell that to the court! Good Luck!:thumbs up

Dude, I would suggest you to pay off the fine. In my family I have 3 criminal lawyers and I know how things go on.

You should have tried speaking to the Corolla driver and closed the incident on the road itself, than going to police station.