Team-BHP - Dung Attack - harmful?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Dung Attack - harmful? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/49798-dung-attack-harmful.html)

(Mods: Unsure if this should be in 'Technical Stuff'. Please move if required)

An unfortunate incident - while lazily cruising at around 80 kmph, I noticed, a little too late, that the road was carpet bombed with cow dung. As my rotten luck would have it, ALL my four wheels made that sickening squish. :Frustrati

I immediately pulled over to inspect the damage - it was a horrifying experience. The dung was wet and the stench was thick. Apart from the lower half of the body, the mud-flaps/underbody was covered with the stuff.

Do I need to water clean the underbody? Is dung harmful? I had had a cleaning job done last weekend and dont want to go through the experience again if avoidable. :deadhorse

dung is not harmful for your car :D
just wash it away with soapy or plain water. use a pipe to wash it off.

Dung is harmful for yourself - When splashed on to pedestrians/ 2 wheelers riders close by. stupid:
A friend was beaten blue when something similar happened. LOL.

As far as car is concerned, give it a good wash. Thats it.

LOL
How can cow dung be harmful for a car buddy ?
Just get the car cleaned properly and your good to go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by faithless_1984 (Post 1073236)
LOL
How can cow dung be harmful for a car buddy ?
Just get the car cleaned properly and your good to go.

Thanks guys, will get it cleaned at a petrol pump then.

faithless, it smelt so bad and powerful, maybe it CAN eat away metal and cause corrosion!

Gobar gas is a powerful fuel and cows release half the CO2 for global warming! I'm a bit scared!

Buddy dung is not harmful. LEt the dung dry as it wont stink then. Lol
You can get it cleaned after its dry. Comes off easily.

PS: It doesnt actually stink as bad as some other stuff. Haha

:uncontrol

HAHAHA!!! I actually spitted out some water back into my glass after looking at this thread!!

:uncontrol

Buddy, just wash it off and thats the end of it...

Friend,

The bovines release copious amounts of methane causing the greenhouse effect...:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_himan (Post 1073267)
Gobar gas is a powerful fuel and cows release half the CO2 for global warming! I'm a bit scared!

What's wrong with you man, I came running to the thread thinking someone attacked you with dung cakes!

Dung is not harmful by far. It's wonderful actually. If the stench was thick, it might not be dung and you might have run over a large pile of steaming ...

See ya pal!

I am laughing so much, Thanks D_himan for starting this thread when we all so tensed about the situation in Mumbai.

Hope your car is free of the Dung soon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 1073493)
What's wrong with you man, I came running to the thread thinking someone attacked you with dung cakes!

Dung is not harmful by far. It's wonderful actually. If the stench was thick, it might not be dung and you might have run over a large pile of steaming ...

See ya pal!

I was expecting a more elaborate technical explanation from Sam on how wonderful dung is and how to go after it!lol:

lol:Drive it on a nice muddy patch so that you can wash of the dung cakes easily at the pump tommorow !!!

Repeated driving through cow dung will form a protective underbody layer and will seal and protect you vehicle underside. This will also provide better sound insulation. Do not wash it off as you will lose the benefits of cow dung underbody sealant.

Yaar, what next? I drove into a puddle? Chill man. NOM!!

Please, you want our mfrs to put "OK to Dung" sticker? lol:

I Hate Cow dung on roads:Frustrati
and I always make sure(if possible) to not to drive over it.

but sometimes left without a choice so I have to go Squish(errrrrrrr)stupid: