Team-BHP - VIP Car Parking at New Delhi railway station - Rs40 per hour
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   VIP Car Parking at New Delhi railway station - Rs40 per hour (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/51433-vip-car-parking-new-delhi-railway-station-rs40-per-hour.html)

Hi Guys,

Yesterday morning i went to Dehradun and came back yesterday itself, by a Shatabdi Express.

I parked my vehicle in the so called VIP parking at New Delhi railway station for approx. 16 hours.

The parking fee that i had to pay there was a whooping 620 Rs.

I didnt bothered to look at the parking fee before as i never ever imagined even places in Delhi can have such high parking fees.

I think Delhi parking rates have already started taking on the Manhattan parking rates ( New York ).

So who so ever is planning to park there vehicles at New Delhi railway station for weekend train trip, please beware of the figure of Rs40 per hour.

Cheers.

Did you get receipt for this ?
Were you asked to take some kind of token at the time of parking ?

One should be informed before being charged such ridiculous high rates. Its almost as good as one ltr. petrol.

LOL. It should be renamed from VIP to FRP Parking. Filthy Rich Person Parking.

Good that you posted it here to forewarn people.

VIP parking places and taking parking fees? I thought the parking place whre it is marked as VIP does not collect any fees.

Even if these people are collecting fees, I'am pretty sure that these so called VIPs will care a hoot to these parking fees especially politicians. This burden is put on the common people who park in these places suffer. Good thing you just bought it to people's notice here..

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 1113861)
Did you get receipt for this ?
Were you asked to take some kind of token at the time of parking ?

One should be informed before being charged such ridiculous high rates. Its almost as good as one ltr. petrol.

Well yes i got the parking slip/token, but when you are given a slip you hardly look at the parking rates mentioned there and just keep it in your pocket.

When i returned back i gave my slip to the parking guy and he said 'Sir 620 Rs' and i was like goodness me, i noticed that on the slip there were 3 different rates mentioned on one slip, out of the 3 mentioned, one was originally printed on the slip, second was a fresh stamp on the older rates, and third one ( the rate that i was charged ) was again stamped but at the side of the slip.

The first two rates were crossed by pen.

Did you try the regular parking lot at the railway station? I think they charge about 20/- for two hours. That way, you could've been charged just Rs. 160/- for the entire stay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkdelhi (Post 1113915)
Did you try the regular parking lot at the railway station? I think they charge about 20/- for two hours. That way, you could've been charged just Rs. 160/- for the entire stay.

Not sure about there charges, but usually its way to conjested by the look of it.

In that particular parking people park there car wherever they find place and at time they would even block the exit of vehicles, that one is very messy.

I feel the price I paid was paid by me, so as to my car can be kept scratch free ( a thought to keep myself in high spirits after paying Rs620 for a parking ) :)

I once paid Rs.300 for parking for 2 nights & one day in the regular parking.

You could have hired a Easycab - that would have turned out to be much cheaper and given you more peace of mind

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonirohit (Post 1113953)
You could have hired a Easycab - that would have turned out to be much cheaper and given you more peace of mind

Rightly said.

+1

I could have taken my PALIO MJD to Dehradun, to & fro with a Diesel of not more then Rs 800 :)

It was something like 50 earlier.
Still better. But its very expensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 1113978)
It was something like 50 earlier.
Still better. But its very expensive.

Oh i never knew that but thats good that they have come down from 50 to 40 :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubby (Post 1113845)
Hi Guys,

Yesterday morning i went to Dehradun and came back yesterday itself, by a Shatabdi Express.

I parked my vehicle in the so called VIP parking at New Delhi railway station for approx. 16 hours.

The parking fee that i had to pay there was a whooping 620 Rs.

I didnt bothered to look at the parking fee before as i never ever imagined even places in Delhi can have such high parking fees.

I think Delhi parking rates have already started taking on the Manhattan parking rates ( New York ).

So who so ever is planning to park there vehicles at New Delhi railway station for weekend train trip, please beware of the figure of Rs40 per hour.

Cheers.

Just adjacent to VIP parking, there is normal parking. Charges there are Rs. 15 for first two hours and then Rs. 10 for every subsequent two hours. I've always been able to park there without much hassle. There is ample space and enough attendants to ensure that people don't park haphazardly.

\N

+1.

I am surprised you haven't seen it before. It has ALWAYS been THE most expensive place in Delhi to park, bar none. Very old news - rates are written at entry too!

I regularly park my car at Chennai Airport, costs me about Rs.300 for the entire day. Used to pay about Rs.500/- if it was overnight.