Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2009, 10:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
bad luck.

regarding dented bumper, i got dent on rear bumper same way but it came to its original shape in four days automatically. i kept my car in afternoon sunshine for those four days and trick worked. try it.
Does it work only for bumper or other cracks as well ?

Fountain Header... Sorry to hear your experience on a new vehicle... As one has said, u can be the best driver, but ur fate depends on others on the road as well. Hope your bumper is back to shape with minimal pinch in your pocket.
Old 9th February 2009, 10:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys. I guess jugaad should be enough to get the bumper back in place.

A couple of days back, a colleague's sister rammed his A-Star onto a pillar while reversing. MASS charged 6k for the bumper and painting. So I was initially scared looking at the dent. But guess it can be easily fixed. I'll check with MASS today and check out how much it will cost.
Old 9th February 2009, 10:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Does it work only for bumper or other cracks as well ?
it worked on my alto's dented bumper.
regarding cracks, i have no experience yet!

i think this will work case to case basis.
in my case, 1 sq.feet dent was at corner of rear bumper. it came to original shape.
Old 9th February 2009, 10:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

So sorry to hear this, Fountainheader! I really hurts to have even the smallest scratch on a new car.

I think ashishpallod's suggestion will work. As such, the paint doesn't seem to have been affected, and it just a matter of the bumper getting back into shape. Otherwise, the workshop maybe able to heat the bumper just a bit and push it back into shape. There is a small dimple there though (something that's pushing against the bumper from inside), that may not go back to normal.
Old 9th February 2009, 12:07   #20
BHPian

FH, is that a parking sensor you have on your bumper?
Old 9th February 2009, 12:14   #21
BHPian

I think you will have to work on it yourself as the insurance company gives coverage to your vehicle only for the metal parts. And that never includes glass or rubber or may be plastic. Correct me if I am wrong. This is the info I have. And by the way, it doesnt look major and i think any local tinkering guys could help you out on this. But the down side is that you have a metallic colour, now that might be a problem, coz you may not get the right finish.
Old 9th February 2009, 12:17   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry to hear about that but you shouldn't have paid him... rather you should have screamed your lungs out at him...
See this link to what i made this biker do when he rear ended my OHC!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ished-kid.html
Old 9th February 2009, 13:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur View Post
FH, is that a parking sensor you have on your bumper?
Nopes. But looks like one na ?

I'm not going to claim any insurance. Will try and work it out myself.

Tejas,
Language is a problem. No matter what I yell, it literally will fall into deaf ears
Old 9th February 2009, 14:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Nopes. But looks like one na ?
Good for you it isn't! It must be one of those LED things I guess. The ones that emit light at the edges when you brake, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
See this link to what i made this biker do when he rear ended my OHC!
Isn't that a part of the 'Get Bikers Fighting Fit Programme', Tejas?
Old 9th February 2009, 23:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur View Post
Good for you it isn't! It must be one of those LED things I guess. The ones that emit light at the edges when you brake, right?
I'm not sure what that button type thing is, but the bad news is that the rear fog light is not working
Old 9th February 2009, 23:42   #26
BHPian

just get the bulb checked. shouldnt be an issue.
Old 9th February 2009, 23:45   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
If somebody rear-ended me I would never pay. Rule of thumb is that! As its his fault that he didn't kept any distance.
Is this also called tailgating.?
That happens in civilized countries. This is a banana republic when it comes to traffic laws
Old 10th February 2009, 15:09   #28
Senior - BHPian

Not a nice thing to happen just 1 month into a new car ownership. But then such things do happen.

From the pic, I do not see the bumper to have broken. So there is a good possibility that the bumper will get back to its normal shape by itself - happened with the front bumper of my car when I bumped the rear of a Lancer on my way to work. By evening the dent just vanished with no indication at all of the incident.

But when my car got hit from behind, the bumper broke and so the dent remains as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader
As far as I see, the bumper needs no replacement. Nothing has cracked. Just that some part has caved in. But since its a fibre/plastic bumper, working out the dents aint that easy.
No need to replace it. If the dent does not go away by itself, do what phamilyman suggested. At the MASS, that is what they are also going to do - they told me so for rectifying the rear bumper dent.
Old 10th February 2009, 16:19   #29
BHPian

hi FH,sorry to hear abt it , jus bad luck... you can dented at MASS instead of changing the bumper .
Old 11th February 2009, 14:50   #30
Senior - BHPian

I went to CARS India today. The service guy there was adamant that the bumper needs replacement. He says since its plastic it cannot be repaired and all that gyaan.

It costs 2000 for the bumper and 2000 for painting. With insurance claim, I need to pay 1000 (50% of bumper cost) and 500 for claim charges. Total cost might come something like 1700 or so. NCB and all can be forgotten because its just the 1st month on ownership. So going for insurance sounds the best option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks