Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2009, 09:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Head-on Disaster - Truck hits car, 4 crushed to death

Truck hits car, 4 crushed to death

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Bangalore: Four youths from Bangalore, who were returning to the city after visiting a farmhouse near Hoskote, were crushed to death when a wheat-laden truck ran over the car on Wednesday evening. The truck driver jumped out and escaped.

The deceased are Mallikarjun, a second-year MBA student; Shivakumar, a bank employee; Dinesh, son of a policeman in Tilaknagar; and Ravindra of Kengeri. At 3.45 pm, the four were returning after visiting Mallikarjun’s farm on Hoskote-Chintamani Road. When they reached Sonnenahalli, a truck coming in the opposite direction hit them. The impact was such that the truck’s front tyre fell on the car bonnet, dragging the vehicle 30-40 feet. Hoskote deputy SP M Shankarappa said the car was crushed. The bodies were beyond recognition.

Traffic on the road was affected for over two hours as the police had a tough time separating the car and the truck.
Attached Thumbnails
Head-on Disaster - Truck hits car, 4 crushed to death-getimage.jpg  

Last edited by gowda79 : 5th March 2009 at 09:20.
Old 5th March 2009, 09:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

My God, that's a shocking picture, another truck accident, a few more lives snuffed out.

Last edited by suman : 5th March 2009 at 09:25.
Old 5th March 2009, 09:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Ohhhhh
thats bad,that accent is mangled pretty badly
may the souls RIP
Old 5th March 2009, 09:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Boy, that is a nasty accident. May the souls RIP!
Old 5th March 2009, 10:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

How broad is this road ? Looks like a single lane road. Terrible accident. May their souls RIP.
Old 5th March 2009, 10:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

And the accident happened at around 4 PM - not even in the night!
Was the driver blind? Hope the families and friends find comfort in this terrible time of sorrow.
Old 5th March 2009, 10:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

Its a perfect wreck. The main reason is that the trucks in India are set too high. Anything lower than Scorpio/Safari/Landcruier/Grande Sumo will be facing this. Its a very sad incident. The car's cabin is badly crushed,but I am having a feeling that the rear passengers could have survived because the rear doors are not crushed that bad.

Now looking no the right side of Accent and bottom of the photograph, I think it was the car that was on wrong side and the truck did let its left wheels drop off the road but the car was overtaking something at high speed.
I am not sure of this, but this is what one can guess from the picture.
So we cannot blame the truck driver for this misfortune. Again after looking at the picture, we can see that Accent is far away from the bushes on the left side of the road.
It was Accent's driver who is at fault here, IMO.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 5th March 2009 at 10:25.
Old 5th March 2009, 10:26   #8
Senior - BHPian

Oh my God, a very nasty accident. May the departed souls RIP. If the impact was so severe that the trucks tyre landed on the car's bonnet, then at what speed were both the vehicles travelling?

Overladen trucks/tractors are a nemesis on the road.
Old 5th March 2009, 10:33   #9
BHPian

A very bad accident indeed. wouldnt imagine what the driver (accent) might have experienced! RIP.
Old 5th March 2009, 10:37   #10
Senior - BHPian

I frequently travel on this road. Very narrow road and no dividers. High speed traffic both ways who are in constant hurry to reach Bangalore. Next time I would have to take much more precautions.
Old 5th March 2009, 10:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
,but I am having a feeling that the rear passengers could have survived because the rear doors are not crushed that bad.

Now looking no the right side of Accent and bottom of the photograph, I think it was the car that was on wrong side and the truck did let its left wheels drop off the road but the car was overtaking something at high speed.

I too thought that luck has not favored the rear occupants, who lost their lives, inspite of crush not being that bad

It was mentioned that truck dragged the car for 30-40 ft, hence nothing could be drawn out from the position where it came to standstill. But majority of these heavily loaded truck drivers maintain their lanes & its only the light vehicles like car fail to calculate the timing and end up in head on
Old 5th March 2009, 10:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

If at all this news article is connected with the news on this thread, Four killed as car hits truck
I think we have no right to blame the truck driver.

The article from the above news source :
Quote:
Four people were crushed to death when their car collided head-on against a truck near Sannadeverahalli in Hosakote Taluk in Kolar District today.

Police sources said the incident took place on the busy Hoskote-Chintamani State Highway. All the victims were residents of Kaggalipura in Bangalore.

The incident took place when the car tried to overtake and rammed into the incoming truck. All the four occupants of the car, including the driver, were crushed to death and the rescue team which rushed to the spot helped clear the traffic.
Images taken from :
Mangalorean.Com- Serving Mangaloreans Around The World!
Attached Thumbnails
Head-on Disaster - Truck hits car, 4 crushed to death-tbhpaccentaccident1.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by aaggoswami : 5th March 2009 at 10:50.
Old 5th March 2009, 10:54   #13
Senior - BHPian

Another clear remainder on the cautiousness one has to follow while overtaking on highways (SH or NH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
If at all this news article is connected with the news on this thread, Four killed as car hits truck
I think we have no right to blame the truck driver.

The article from the above news source :
I thought you mentioned the 'overtaking' part based on the photographs. Hence pointed out, it was mentioned in the article, lorry has dragged the car 30-40 ft after the collision, making it difficult to predict who's mistake that was

Quote:
Originally Posted by surprise View Post
But majority of these heavily loaded truck drivers maintain their lanes & its only the light vehicles like car fail to calculate the timing and end up in head on

Last edited by Surprise : 5th March 2009 at 10:55.
Old 5th March 2009, 10:54   #14
Senior - BHPian

Very sad incident.

Seems he tried to over take a vehicle and hit this fully loaded lorry.

Seeing the car and position, I was wondering if the rear passengers would had a chance of survival if they had seat belts. But seems they also died on spot.

May their soul RIP.

Quote:
I thought you mentioned the 'overtaking' part based on the photographs. Hence pointed out, it was mentioned in the article, lorry has dragged the car 30-40 ft after the collision, making it difficult to predict who's mistake that was
DNA paper mentions it was due to overtake.

Last edited by mjothi : 5th March 2009 at 10:57.
Old 5th March 2009, 10:57   #15
Senior - BHPian

thats a horrible accident , may the departed souls rest in peace.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks