Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2009, 12:26   #1
BHPian

Daily Traffic chaos Residency Road.

Everyday, the traffic in Residency road goes totally out of control at the time when schools finish. This may be a problem at all schools, but the problem gets worse in Residency road because of the amount of cars to pick up the school kids. The two constables posted there are trying their best, but it is unfortunately not adequate.

These schools have huge playgrounds inside which are not of any use after the school timings. I dont understand why they dont allow parking in these playgrounds. It can solve lot of problems. Currently there are 2-3 lanes totally occupied by chauffer driven cars to ferry school kids.

I am going to write a letter to the principal of the school and see what they have to say. If there are any lawyers in TBHP can this be resolved by PIL? Thousands will get relief from it including school children who really have to risk everything to cross the roads there.

Two more points which I found a bit annoying particularly in Bishop cottons:
1. There is no standard school timing. Every other day different timings.
Or maybe its just one or two days a week. But closing as early as 11 isnt really good.
2. The disturbing trend is that none of the school kids use the footbridge provided just before the school. Not sure if teachers are instructing them to make use of it.
These are among the most elite and respected schools in Bangalore and must set examples at every step.
Old 11th March 2009, 12:33   #2
BHPian

I cannot agree with you more on this having experienced it. The road goes into total chaos during this time.

Well civic sense does not automatically come to anyone if you are studying in an elite school or if you are driving a high end car. It is something that has to be inculcated over a period of time.
Old 11th March 2009, 12:37   #3
BHPian

this problem had been goin on for many years now , it was also bought to the notice of the school , and they had issued statements that things will be done , i think as remedial measures they opened up the rear gates on vittal mallya rd and also lavelle rd to ease the traffic .

the school is completely to be blamed , yes , they have to make make use of the play ground for picking up and dropping of the children.
Old 11th March 2009, 12:56   #4
SBR
BHPian

Due to my work, I pass thru Residency road 2-3 times a day. Particularly when the School ends, the traffic is really bad. Sometimes, I get stuck on the flyover itself before I reach residency road.

Cars which are parked to pick up school kids are in plenty there and looks like every school kid has one car to pick him/her up.

Opening up of school grounds for parking along with Car Pooling should be encouraged particularly for all the schools located in Central Business Disctrict.
Old 11th March 2009, 13:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

I think even parents or whoever goes to pick the kids to be blamed, i think we Indians are bad at parking atleast most of us....

Have seen parents park hapazardly the same happens on the NPS road aswel(Indiranagar)
Old 11th March 2009, 13:27   #6
BANNED

The reason is every car wants to be at the school entrance and will wait for the kid to arrive. Only if somebody regulates this 'kids boarding cars' process.

I guess right only option is to avoid that road at school end times.
Old 11th March 2009, 18:09   #7
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I guess its common to all schools. My son's school has road to itself in a residential locality. Still none of the educated idiots follow any procedure.

These guys need to drop thier kids at the gate blocking all other road users and also try to do a U turn there in front of the gate. Oh, and they dont bother about the security guy pleading not to do this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks