Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2009, 13:26   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
I hear you buddy, and that's the frustrating & sad part. Expecting the police to server & protect the common man has become a lost cause.

Though it can be overwhelming for an individual to stand against this kind of treatment, I believe this is where teamwork can help all. And what better place than T-BHP for us to get together and assist each other.
Thanks - Would listing registration number of such offenders on a thread be a good start? I guess, i'm getting optimistic about expecting some cop to come here and read this and take some action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
From the motor vehicles act, I think the police can inspect the vehicle, but are required to return it in 24 hrs. Please see the link below. Not sure about the court orders though.

Laws - Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 Section 136
Indeed good find! The article states that any authorized person on behalf of the state govt should inspect. In my case, both the vehicles were available at the police station for inspection. Nobody bothered to inspect but only told me that both the vehicles will be seized if an FIR is registered.

If only we had ways of influencing through our user councils - we could attempt changing this to not incovene people where nobody is injured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
This is good find. The lawyers can comment here but an affidavit also works to release the car incase of a physical injury in the accident, otherwise even that is not required.

I think they used intidimation tactics on you, if you have the sccoter details you can still file an FIR with the help of your lawyer and involve that traffic wardens name also.
Dadu Sir, yes - I could have filed an FIR that but didn't tread that path for want of a vehicle to commute.

I'm tabling this to the larger audience so that ideas and suggestions emerge and we find ways of ensuring that these things do not happen to others.

Last edited by Samurai : 12th May 2009 at 23:15. Reason: Please learn to use multi-quote feature

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks