Team-BHP - Bandra Worli Sea Link is finally ready to ferry vehicles
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Bandra Worli Sea Link is finally ready to ferry vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/60942-bandra-worli-sea-link-finally-ready-ferry-vehicles.html)

Guys another feather in the cap of Mumbai.
The 5.6 kms Bandra Worli Sea Link is an 8-lane, cable stayed bridge, which will link two main hubs of Mumbai - Bandra, the gateway to western suburbs with Worli. This would cut short the travel time from Worli to Bandra or vice versa from 35-40 mins to 7 mins! After several years delay finally this modern construction marvel is ready for the people of Mumbai. Posting some of the image downloaded from various internet sites.
Mod if required please shift the post to proper thread.

Yes, I heard about it, This will make the fast life of Mumbai bit easy now.
Also, It looks awesome! :)

VT

Awesome! No other city in India has Mumbai's spirit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 1363884)
Awesome! No other city in India has Mumbai's spirit.

Very True.
When I visted Mumbai last year, for the first time, I felt like its my own city.
Nothing looked unknown to me, People there are quite friendly. :)

VT

At around 8 pm saw the fireworks and lasershow's testing for tomorrow's inaguration ceremony. Looked fantastic. Everyone in office rushed to the windows and we dimmed the lights! :-)

However I think I will let the Rs. 3000 a month pass a passlol: and use the hopefully emptier Tulsi Pipe road as usual.

Lovely bridge - one of India's architectural marvels - will surely become an iconic symbol

@theMAG: Apologies but what does any city's spirit have to do with a BOT/PPP infrastructure project - beats me!

I hear it merges at right angles to Worli sea face! Would be a great drive I'm sure, can't wait to get on it.

Looks awesome...im sure mumbaikars will use this to gain time and drive less.
It should soon become an icon of modern mumbai.

Some pics from an email forward....

Bandra Worli Sea Link is finally ready to ferry vehicles-image003.jpg

Bandra Worli Sea Link is finally ready to ferry vehicles-image004.jpg

Bandra Worli Sea Link is finally ready to ferry vehicles-image005.jpg

Bandra Worli Sea Link is finally ready to ferry vehicles-image007.jpg

It looks absolutely awesome, should be a nice drive too :Cheering:

Just back from reclamation and the lights were brilliant, the crowd was maddning and the it was like a heavy duty tourist destination, A MUST PLACE TO GO tonight to check it out !

Lovely pictures. But on one hand I'm sad that Worli Seaface will see crazy traffic. Gone are the days and nights of a less crowded WSF. Hopefully most of the cars will take the Sealink so I can take a relatively traffic free old road route :D

but 50kmph ?! safety first I guess

Also I read that there are no bikers allowed. Is that true. Anyways good going Mumbai. There ain't any city like this in India.

1) Is this sufficient to handle very high amount of traffic for future, lets say 5-6 years from now ?

2) Why are bikers not allowed /

3) Is this a toll bridge ? We used to pay tax on one side of MahiSagar river bridge despite the fact that we were not using the newly constructed bridge.

4) Gujarat has been since long planning a sea link between Surat and Bhavnagar, but they are not yet successful in practically implementation.

5) Congratulations Mumbai.