Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2009, 20:00   #16
BHPian

Ego, indeed, jimmy_iaf. Even I have huge hopes, most of the time, for acknowledgement from anyone looking at my stuff. Though, I don't have any stickers on our cars. Please excuse my bike (bullet)

Not that I don't want to stop(can we?), but thats what we are brought up with. Though I consider I have scaled down these acknowledgement hopes in last few years, but now things don't appeal as much. It's boring to be materialistic without pride/ego. Too hard to imagine that I'll peel up the sticker from my bike (which reads something for which most here might build grudges against me, but I'm confidently proud of!). (nothing on caste/religion though). I'm emphasizing on upbringing/surroundings here. Things that left an impact on me in my childhood/past.. I'm trying to mimic them today, I believe.

( i'm already imagining acknowledgements for this post. but that's ok to?)

Can I wrap it up as money and fame race with temporary rejoicing stages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Akshay - would love to see the Punjabi Last Name trend - please post a photo.
Enough of those in Punjab. Caste pride gone mad.

Note from Support - Only 2 smileys allowed per post. Please avoid using more than two in a post.

Last edited by n_aditya : 27th September 2013 at 16:13.
Old 20th August 2009, 20:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurpartap Singh View Post
Ego, indeed, jimmy_iaf. Even I have huge hopes, most of the time, for acknowledgement from anyone looking at my stuff. Though, I don't have any stickers on our cars. Please excuse my bike (bullet)

Not that I don't want to stop(can we?), but thats what we are brought up with. Though I consider I have scaled down these acknowledgement hopes in last few years, but now things don't appeal as much. It's boring to be materialistic without pride/ego. Too hard to imagine that I'll peel up the sticker from my bike (which reads something for which most here might build grudges against me, but I'm confidently proud of!). (nothing on caste/religion though). I'm emphasizing on upbringing/surroundings here. Things that left an impact on me in my childhood/past.. I'm trying to mimic them today, I believe.

( i'm already imagining acknowledgements for this post. but that's ok to? )

Can I wrap it up as money and fame race with temporary rejoicing stages?

Enough of those in Punjab. Caste pride gone mad.
Hi Gurpartap I am from mumbai, when I had gone to punjab recently I got stickers of Shaheed Bhagat Singh for petrol tank of my bullet,also I got a metalic khanda for rear mudguard, and finally got 'GABROO'in gurmukhi (means young man in punjabi) in vinayle cut for front no.plate space, of cource moved the number plate to front mudguard.
I also had a maruti omini and at back side I had a phrase written in gurmukhi which read like this PUNJABI PUTT KHOH LAYE CHANDRE PURDESSAN NE.( means our punjabi sons are grabbed and taken away by the lucrative jobs foreign cuntries) very heart touching phrase.Will post pictures in a day or two.
Old 23rd August 2009, 20:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gurpartap I am from mumbai, when I had gone to punjab recently I got stickers of Shaheed Bhagat Singh for petrol tank of my bullet,also I got a metalic khanda for rear mudguard, and finally got 'GABROO'in gurmukhi (means young man in punjabi) in vinayle cut for front no.plate space, of cource moved the number plate to front mudguard.
I also had a maruti omini and at back side I had a phrase written in gurmukhi which read like this PUNJABI PUTT KHOH LAYE CHANDRE PURDESSAN NE.( means our punjabi sons are grabbed and taken away by the lucrative jobs foreign cuntries) very heart touching phrase.Will post pictures in a day or two.
Attached Thumbnails
VIP numbers, Car stickers and other Power Projectors-111.jpg  

VIP numbers, Car stickers and other Power Projectors-112.jpg  

VIP numbers, Car stickers and other Power Projectors-113.jpg  

VIP numbers, Car stickers and other Power Projectors-114.jpg  

VIP numbers, Car stickers and other Power Projectors-image110.jpg  

Old 4th September 2013, 00:34   #19
BHPian

Re: VIP numbers, Car stickers and other Power Projectors

Not all belong to show off category, I know big BIG ministers from TamilNadu using 9600 or 7800 or 14 in all their vehicles. They take delivery of the vehicle without registration, on one particular day for astrological reason, send it to RTO on NO MOON day to get registered and only then use the vehicle. Sometimes I have seen their vehicle waiting at dealership for a month to get that registration no. or for NO MOON day
And for me I have tried many no.s given by RTO like 5696, 5244, 1917 and My preference started with 0005 at Rs.15k then, but none of them worked until I sat down with astrologer and decided 4444 from then on all vehicles are 4444 and believe me I had no minor or major accidents with my 4444 vehicles till now and NCB's of all vehicle insurance keeps growing and most importantly peace of mind.
So its a belief rather than show off and IT WORKS FOR ME
Old 29th June 2015, 23:24   #20
BHPian

Why only doctors, lawyers, armywallas, police and govt employees?

Even Photographers are powerful. One wrong lane change against this fellow and you'll be 'captured'.

VIP numbers, Car stickers and other Power Projectors-10012015.jpg

Sorry for the lame humour !
Kumar R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 09:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

Caste, religion stickers on cars? Get ready to pay penalty in Rajasthan .

Quote:
JAIPUR: The traffic department will penalize motorists who display their caste, religion, profession, and affiliation to political parties on their vehicles.

According to an order by traffic SP on September 3, action will be taken against vehicle owners if they violate the rules.
VIP numbers, Car stickers and other Power Projectors-69995257_10217893681547083_7763245493093662720_n.jpg

News Source.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 12:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Caste, religion stickers on cars? Get ready to pay penalty in Rajasthan .

News Source.
Looks like there are no serious traffic crimes in Rajasthan, hence this violation has suddenly gained significance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks