Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2006, 22:16   #16
BHPian

For touring i would always prefer my Bike...i just love riding away from the city, but if its with the family i got no other option but to stick on with 4 wheelers !!
Old 19th May 2006, 02:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

That Yankee would never write the same if he were riding in India.

In India, its hard to choose really, as both, driving and riding on our highways is not always a pleasure, what with diesel fumes, dust and grime, blinding headlights and the grim reaper sitting on your shoulder during overtaking. Unfortunatly I have not gone for any really long rides in India yet, so will comment after a long trip I plan on doing after the monsoons.

Quote:
However, if this were abroad, it would have to be a bike. I've done 15 hour trips without a hitch and was always sad the trip was over. Its a pleasure riding a fast motorcycle on great roads in great weather. Nothing comes close to that feeling. No, probably not even a drive down those same roads in a 911 turbo (although i'd be willing to try if anyone gave me a chance ).
I totally accept. Gimme a nice sports tourer and a nice highway abroad.
Its Nirvana!!
Old 19th May 2006, 14:29   #18
BHPian

as long as i m alone bike, but with my wife it has 2 b the car.

BTW the longest i have travelled is 860 kms in less than 24 hrs Delhi-Sriganganagar-Delhi.
Old 20th May 2006, 16:37   #19
BHPian

It will be a car, and specifically an Ambassador.
And I am serious.
Old 21st May 2006, 14:00   #20
BHPian

Long trips - bike vs Car

I have a karizma, bought specifically for long rides, have done 4 or 5 Bangalore Mysore trips, a trip to Mumbai/Bombay, and a trip to Belgaum and back.

It's one of the better bikes in the country for fast, long rides and I'm happy with the choice. However, in my heart of hearts, I sometimes long for the comforts of a back rest in a car, the comfort of the interiors during winter, and when my screwed up visor (why cant they make better visors?) only shows me light (could be a truck on high beam or could be light from the nether world).

But then I'm on my bike, at about 85 Kmph, on a great road, fields to the left, a canal to the right, helmet in place, sun obscured by clouds, wind buffetting my chest, birds in the sky, and all's fine with the world!
Old 21st May 2006, 21:37   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx
imagine going to ladakh and NOT feeling cold.
imagine travelling through Rajasthan and not getting sand in the wrinkles of ur clothes and skin,
imagine rain as something just to turn wipers on for, not have to stop under a shanty + a chai for.
imagine a puncture in the middle of nowhere so u have to hitch a ride to get the tube fixed.
imagine a book of travel stories without a bruise or two.
imagine missing out on a 130degree view with missed spottings of birds and clouds and mountaintops.

I love driving (zen, now City) but biking *is* something else. U don't even want to get anywhere, or go fast. u just go on and on and on.

can u do half of karnataka in 5 days for 2500/- (all costs incl fuel) in a car ?

in a car u're by default the 'rich dude' and fewer ppl will interact freely. on a bike u make more pals.

Subjective ? yeah. but its riding for me. Esp alone.

- sameer
couldn’t put it any better, I love riding in rain and snow . Riding through a snow blizzard while on the way to pangong tso or riding without gloves at 0degree temperature, getting off the bike and then struggling for 5minutes to get the keys out . it sounds stupid, but these things make me feel alive

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks