Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2009, 18:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

If I remember correctly this project was conceived, planned and put into motion during Chandrababu Naidu's tenure and was supposed to be ready before the Airport opened.

Whether the longest or not, it will be a boon to people going to the airport as well as those proceeding towards Bangalore. The quality of the work needs to be seen and the time to traverse it will depend on the quality of the surface, banking etc.

Cheers,
Old 20th October 2009, 00:28   #17
BHPian

I think i will get a chance to use this flyover this friday as I am likely to travel for a business trip.

I read somewhere that the speed limit is going to be 60 kmph. And you call it an expressway? I hope the 60kph limit is temporary, perhaps till the time the other access ramps are completed or something like that.
Old 20th October 2009, 12:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Venu, route after taking left from Foodworld till Aaramgarh that we traverse completely under the flyover is quite messy with people crossing the roads, flyover work going on, with unexpected twists and turns which will significantly slow you down.

I still think it will save 30 minutes minimum as you travel at a constant speed with no breakages for traffic etc.
Avi, I've travelled that 10 km stretch from Foodworld to Aramgarh at least 6 times in the past year. The longest in terms of time taken was around 20 minutes---the road really frees up after crossing the Musi river bridge that comes about 4 kms from Foodworld.

So taking the worst case scenario of 20 minutes, and adding 5 to 10 more minutes for the 1 km stretch to Foodworld from SD Eye Hospital, it would have taken 30 minutes till Aramgarh, and now it might take 10 minutes. So time saved is around 20 minutes at the max.

Last edited by vnabhi : 20th October 2009 at 12:35.
Old 20th October 2009, 14:08   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
...........I read somewhere that the speed limit is going to be 60 kmph. And you call it an expressway? I hope the 60kph limit is temporary,........
Was told that one of the reasons for bridges and elevated roads often having a lower speed limit than roads on ground level was to minimise vibration related stress on the supports.

Possibly the 60 kmph limit is temporary and may be changed after observing traffic flow on the expressway. The majority will not bother about the limit in any case.
Old 20th October 2009, 16:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

I drove yesterday had to pick my parents from airport.Good road very bouncy after spending so much for the flyover atleast alignment at the junction of the pillars should have been done in a better way.Anyway it shortens the running time to airport by 20-25mins.
Old 21st October 2009, 23:31   #21
BHPian

Got a chance to use it today. It cuts down a lot of time. The ride is bumpy because of the uneven joints between spans. Also, its sort of ill designed. As in, seems like its been made with no regard to the roads and buildings below. It divides the road and signals very unevenly and also licks a building at the Rethi Bowli junction.

Attaching a pic of about 2 1/2 kilometer stretch of the flyover.

Longest Flyover in Hyderabad-flyover_21102009.jpg

Last edited by gendarmee : 21st October 2009 at 23:33.
Old 22nd October 2009, 07:27   #22
BHPian

Heres a slightly better picture. Best viewed at 100% size.
Longest Flyover in Hyderabad-flyover_21102009.jpg

Edit: Flyover starts on the extreme left

Last edited by bblost : 14th November 2009 at 12:07. Reason: as requested
Old 22nd October 2009, 08:17   #23
BHPian

I also used it last night.

My earlier travel time from Airport to Somajiguda Circle used to be 55 minutes during peak time. The flyover has helped me to reduce it down to 45 minutes.

The bonus of using this access-controlled elevated expressway is tension free drive without having to worry about pedestrians, carts, autos, 2/3-wheelers and the general driving hazards that one associates with on any standard city road of Hyderabad.

Concern for Future : Enroute from airport to the city at 19:40 yesterday, I saw 4 policeman at the start of the flyover at Aramghar whose job was to ban the 2/3-wheelers trying to access the flyover. Just 2 km onto the flyover, I overtook a motorcycle with a KL registration. So it may not be a very smooth sailing after a month or so because the policmen at the entrances would have been withdrawn by then or if continued to be posted, they would have become more lax.

Quite a few cars were doing hardly 30/40 kmph and those were families out on a joy ride to check out the latest offering for the citizens of the city.

The speed limit is 60 for most of the distance with some 40 kmph stretches. Whether they increase the limit or not, expect people to zip on it at 100/120. Do not imitate such people and restrict yourself to 60/70 as it is more fun at such speed.

All in all, it is a boon for the airport users and also those going towards Bangalore.

I had left Hyderabad on 19th evening and my travel time towards airport was clashing with the inauguration time of the flyover so I used Somajiguda Circle - KBR Park - Apollo Hospital - Narne Road - Delhi Public School - ORR to go to the airport. It took me 55 minutes at 5 pm in the early evening.
Old 22nd October 2009, 10:14   #24
BHPian

I sincerely hope it remains access controlled strictly. But I'm sure its only a matter of a few weeks or months before even this road goes to the "dogs".

The ORR (Outer Ring Road) when launched was supposed to be devoid of 2/3 wheelers and goods vehicles. Now in addition to 2 and 3 wheelers and goods vehicles, we can even find bullock carts and tractors on ORR and moronic people driving in the wrong direction as ingrained in the Hyderabad driving culture.
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I also used it last night.

My earlier travel time from Airport to Somajiguda Circle used to be 55 minutes during peak time. The flyover has helped me to reduce it down to 45 minutes.

I had left Hyderabad on 19th evening and my travel time towards airport was clashing with the inauguration time of the flyover so I used Somajiguda Circle - KBR Park - Apollo Hospital - Narne Road - Delhi Public School - ORR to go to the airport. It took me 55 minutes at 5 pm in the early evening.

This more or less confirms my earlier assumptions that travel time would not be drastically reduced, though the tension would.

I too have taken the ORR route just for the heck of it a couple of months ago---it took me 55 minutes from Somajiguda, though it is 15 kms longer.
Old 22nd October 2009, 17:17   #26
BHPian

Experience of PVNR Expressway in Hyderabad?

Dear All,

Has anyone experienced PVNR Expressway in Hyderabad opened this week for traffic? Please share your experiences to other BHPians.

What is the difference in time going over the flyover and taking normal route?

Any places where we need to cautious? I believe the work is not completed 100%?

Thanks,
Raghu Lakshman

Note from Team BHP support
Thread merged
Please search before creating new threads.
Thanks,

Last edited by bblost : 22nd October 2009 at 17:38.
Old 27th October 2009, 18:23   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Got a chance to use it today. It cuts down a lot of time. The ride is bumpy because of the uneven joints between spans. Also, its sort of ill designed. As in, seems like its been made with no regard to the roads and buildings below. It divides the road and signals very unevenly and also licks a building at the Rethi Bowli junction.

Attaching a pic of about 2 1/2 kilometer stretch of the flyover.

Attachment 213623
I HATE driving on flyovers having those uneven joints. Had a thought to drive with my wife on this flyover for a joy ride, i think i wont do it now as my wife is carrying. Thats the longest possible undisturbed road we have here and it not smooth? what man! too bad.
Old 5th November 2009, 08:56   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
I HATE driving on flyovers having those uneven joints. Had a thought to drive with my wife on this flyover for a joy ride, i think i wont do it now as my wife is carrying. Thats the longest possible undisturbed road we have here and it not smooth? what man! too bad.
I think if you drive slowly enough you can enjoy the flyover without making your ride too bumpy
Old 5th November 2009, 12:53   #29
Senior - BHPian

I'd made a weekend trip to BLR last weekend, and had used the new PVNR flyover on both the to and fro routes.

The cabs took roughly 11 minutes to traverse that flyover in both directions. The total time taken to Shamsabad was 40 minutes from Somajiguda---that was at 5 am and 1130 pm.

The time taken before the flyover was approx 50 minutes during odd hours, and around 60 minutes during peak hours. So there is a saving of 10 to 20 minutes due to the flyover, and stress free driving.

The only thing I did not like was the sharp curves and speed breakers at the place where the road gets narrow at 3 or 4 places---methinks theyare gonna build a down ramp at such places.

I also wonder how people in an apartment complex can tolerate the disturbance from traffic on it---the flyover is hardly 3 to 4 feet away from the corner of one complex.
Old 5th November 2009, 14:51   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The cabs took roughly 11 minutes to traverse that flyover in both directions. The total time taken to Shamsabad was 40 minutes from Somajiguda---that was at 5 am and 1130 pm.

The time taken before the flyover was approx 50 minutes during odd hours, and around 60 minutes during peak hours. So there is a saving of 10 to 20 minutes due to the flyover, and stress free driving.
I used Aero-Express last week for Airport.

Begumpet/Airport at 04:35/05:15 in the morning = 40 min.

Airport/Begumpet at 23:15/00:05 in the night = 50 min.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks