Team-BHP - Traffic and life on the roads in Chennai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Traffic and life on the roads in Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/68789-traffic-life-roads-chennai-221.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by namanski (Post 4863404)
Nope, it's the one further down south connecting Kelambakkam to Kovalam. Here's the toll booth on Google Maps

Oh yeah i get it now. Yes that toll plaza had 2 lanes per direction in the past, i think now they are upgrading. Hope the fastag integration is done on time for seamless movement.

Hello All, I reside in the OMR near Sholinganallur. I am in a rented apartment and the first year they gave LRP using Rental agreement and Gas agency bill. Now I went for renewal and they are asking Ration card or Voter Id or Passport with OMR address. I have none of them and now they are not ready to renew the pass. Do I have any other alternative.

I have bought a apartment which is 80% complete and waiting for possession and am sure I wont get until end of year due to Covid and lockdown situation. I would be happy to move my passport to that address once I get possession but don’t want to change it to a temporary Rental address now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ananthang (Post 4865775)
Now I went for renewal and they are asking Ration card or Voter Id or Passport with OMR address. I have none of them and now they are not ready to renew the pass.

Prima facie, sounds like bullying to me. But then I went through my images and found this pic I took at Uthandi Toll gate (the rules are similar for OMR, I believe).

[ATTACH=IMG_9884.jpg]Documents Required for renewal of LRP[/ATTACH]

The TNRDC toll system here is extremely broken — Either they haven't thought of these edge cases, or they deliberately want people to pay for maximum profit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ananthang (Post 4865775)
Hello All, I reside in the OMR near Sholinganallur. I am in a rented apartment and the first year they gave LRP using Rental agreement and Gas agency bill. Now I went for renewal and they are asking Ration card or Voter Id or Passport with OMR address. I have none of them and now they are not ready to renew the pass. Do I have any other alternative.

I have bought a apartment which is 80% complete and waiting for possession and am sure I wont get until end of year due to Covid and lockdown situation. I would be happy to move my passport to that address once I get possession but don’t want to change it to a temporary Rental address now.

Yes, this is the rule they follow, they allow only 1 year using the other documents, thats the way it is :Frustrati

All but one are documents many people don't have. The exception is the car RC. Most drivers should have, or should have access to to, the car registration certificate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 4866515)
All but one are documents many people don't have. The exception is the car RC. Most drivers should have, or should have access to to, the car registration certificate.

They want an RC that matches your address on the OMR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hserus (Post 4866635)
They want an RC that matches your address on the OMR.

Oh, I see. That might be inconvenient to many.

Quote:

Originally Posted by namanski (Post 4866252)
Prima facie, sounds like bullying to me. But then I went through my images and found this pic I took at Uthandi Toll gate (the rules are similar for OMR, I believe).

[ATTACH=IMG_9884.jpg]Documents Required for renewal of LRP[/ATTACH]

The TNRDC toll system here is extremely broken — Either they haven't thought of these edge cases, or they deliberately want people to pay for maximum profit.

Thanks you All, Looks a rip off to me. I can give them Gas connection or Paying of EB receipt but asking me to transfer key documents to Rental address is insane. Today morning I was going to the small Aavin outlet in KK Salai. The toll walk wanted me to pay toll or return in 20 mins even If I did not even venture into OMR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ananthang (Post 4867992)
Thanks you All, Looks a rip off to me. I can give them Gas connection or Paying of EB receipt but asking me to transfer key documents to Rental address is insane. Today morning I was going to the small Aavin outlet in KK Salai. The toll walk wanted me to pay toll or return in 20 mins even If I did not even venture into OMR.

I dont knpw from where/which direction you were trying to reach Aavin Mini Parlor, but you could have taken internal roads such as "Village High Road" which almost runs parallel to OMR (Perpendicular to K.K.Salai) and you could have avoided the toll on K.K.Salai. Yes, it would be a diversion but im sure the fuel spent will not be more than the "return" toll fare.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiran_cr (Post 4868330)
I dont knpw from where/which direction you were trying to reach Aavin Mini Parlor, but you could have taken internal roads such as "Village High Road" which almost runs parallel to OMR (Perpendicular to K.K.Salai) and you could have avoided the toll on K.K.Salai. Yes, it would be a diversion but im sure the fuel spent will not be more than the "return" toll fare.

Thanks Kiran. I actually stay in the Village High Road. I was running multiple errands and ended up on the toll. Usually I use Nedunchezian St to bypass.

Hi All - I stay in OMR and I have LRP (Local Resident Pass) and I hear that Fastag system has been introduced in OMR tolls since the beginning of this month. I have a Fastag in my car.

So, how does this work for people who have LRP? Obviously for LRP users money should not be deducted from Fastag account.

Quote:

Originally Posted by searacer932 (Post 4871148)
Hi All - I stay in OMR and I have LRP (Local Resident Pass) and I hear that Fastag system has been introduced in OMR tolls since the beginning of this month. I have a Fastag in my car.

So, how does this work for people who have LRP? Obviously for LRP users money should not be deducted from Fastag account.

There is talk of some integration going on, but for now I am taking the "Cash Only" toll gates as I dont want money to be deducted from my Fastag

Hi All,

Has Fastag been implemented on ECR and OMR? Can someone please confirm?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prodigy07 (Post 4884941)
Hi All,

OMR has it for sure and I believe so does ECR

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prodigy07 (Post 4884941)
Hi All,

Yes, all the tolls on both OMR and ECR have 1 or 2 lanes enabled with Fastag.