Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2009, 14:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi
i guess you are right.Having owned the car for so long and listening to other people's ...............

..............and at the bottom.People only see the old car and not the care and attention that goes in it.
Even my Dad's Matiz is almost 10years old and it has made just 32K kms and till date(touch wood) not a single failure or not a single major work. Just the first 3 free service and after that it is just oil change for every 5k kms and boyyyy till date it is giving me the pleasure to ride(as i don't ahve any other car to save my kid and wify from rain when travelling to in-laws house). frankly speaking it is the best when comes to FE. You know, it has overtaken indica's, santro, swift etc etc at a constant speed of 110-120kms on highways and not even a single cry from the engine.
Old 12th November 2009, 14:58   #17
BHPian

I had similar experiences. I went to Honda Showroom to have a look at Accord in my 1996 Maruti 800 and the guy did not even consider me as a potential buyer and was very arrogant. The next day just to prove my point, I went in a Captiva and he was shocked and was really acting courteous. Needless to say I am not buying from that dealer.
Old 12th November 2009, 15:44   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi
i guess you are right.Having owned the car for so long and listening to other people's comments on the car have probably made me forget how i feel about the car myself.

People only see the old car and not the care and attention that goes in it.
I am verymuch there buddy. I own a 2000 Zen which my dad presented to me when I completed colelage. My Friends and Colleague were pushing me to get another car as this is a old Zen. I was reluctatnt and no one understood the attention I gave to my car. Everyone said i am wasting money on the car as itys just a car. It was scratchless till I went to US and when I came back I found 6 small dents on the rear door. Even now the engine is in top notch condition and my mecahnic asked me once why I am spenidng on a outdated model, I told him either he takes care of my car or I find another mechanic. He kept his mouth shut and after 3 years of association with me he knew I am in love with my car. The minute some one known to me sees a Rasberry red Zen in and around they give iot a second look to verify if its my car. Thast how famous my car is now.

Whwn someone calls me and tells me that they saw me at this place i know its the car thats getting the attention and not me. We miss to understand thsi point over a period of time sumeeth. You take care of your car and she will take care of you in times of need.
Old 13th November 2009, 10:28   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You know what makes the situation even more special? When you drive an old car that was revered, has been discontinued, and yet been maintained immaculately. Example : Shiny zen with neat alloys + tyres, a showroom condition Sierra, a pristine Contessa Classic 1.8 GL and so on. These are the kind of cars that turn heads and the beauty is in the exclusivity. No one can walk into a showroom and buy what you have. The only reason your car is a head turner is because of your own efforts (upkeep). That's probably one of the many reasons why my Jeep is so special. Don't remember the last time I saw another well kept Classic!
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2009, 10:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

HI Sumeet

Good thread...Have faced the same issues with my 9 year old Fiat Uno 1.2 ELX.

Its a gem of a car and would give any newer car a run for its money.
The spares are a little tough but do get the same here in Mumbai.

But the fact would remain that this is my first car and am immensely in love with it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks