Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2020, 10:50   #31
BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Parking Racket At Crawford Market

Last night my wife parked the car near Jehangir Art Gallery at around 18:32 hrs. Thinking that we would not be there for long, my wife told the parking attendant that she would be back in 30 mins.

However, we had dinner at a restaurant in Kala Ghoda area and returned at around 20:20. The parking attendant told my wife to pay Rs. 100/- as parking charges, which she did.

I then asked my wife for the parking ticket and once she gave it to me, I asked the attendant to give me a receipt. He then tells my wife that he will return Rs. 15/- to her as the charges are Rs. 85/-.

Meanwhile, I checked the board for public parking and ascertained that the company contracted by BMC was Leisures & Life Style Concierge Pvt. Ltd.

The attendant, Mr. Oja then tells me that it is his first day at this location, and showed me his ID card when I demanded it. I managed to take his picture, attached along with the bill.

I warned him never to try this again & told him that I would put this up on social media; hence this post.

If we would have driven away, he would surely have pocketed the Rs. 100/- as there is no record of our parking the car there.

How can we tackle such menace ??
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Parking Racket At Crawford Market-mr.-oja.jpg  

Mumbai - Parking Racket At Crawford Market-parking-bill.jpg  

Old 14th January 2020, 11:41   #32
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Parking Racket At Crawford Market

Fake Pay & Park racket right outside Bombay High Court!

https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/...w/72910334.cms

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks