Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2005, 15:48   #1
Team-BHP Support

Me versus the Kompressor

This incident happened a few days back, where a C class Kompressor dude raced against my indica kitted with 210kmph(H Rated) Potenza GIII and a thumping compression iginition 1.4Litre, 4 cylinder inline indirect injection(IDI) engine, running on high cetane high speed diesel waiting to unleash the beast within(Or was it Turbojet?).

At the last traffic light before the DND flyway while going to delhi from noida i was waiting for the light to turn green. A silver HR numbered C class Kompressor comes next to me and revs the engine. I look at the dude. He has gel on his hair, and it was 9 am on a sunday. Coming back from a all night saturday binge i guess. Anyways he looks at me and then again revs the engine. I also rev mine, and naturally Tata makes loud engines i beat him at that.Well, come to think of it, my faulty subros air conditioner bearing made sure i really really beat him at that.After all the beast is a beast.

The light turns green. And i hear a loud screech and the Kompressor has launched. I also slot into first gear and launch my indica. Now a diesel indica start is a launch, because starting that truck from standstill takes as much effort and determination as that of a space shuttle. But by the time i leasurly reach 20 i can barely read his number plate. All thats left of the drag are long black C class rubber marks. Whats going in my head : Well he did not even have a gf with him to impress so whats the fuss? Maybe he just wanted to take pole position. But for that even if he had started in 5th gear i would have had tough time catching up.

Anyways i reach the toll gate and there is unusual amount of small truck traffic and our montoya is stuck behind a truck waiting at the toll. I pass him, very slowly, go to the silver lane, swipe my card and start roaring at a scorching 90kmph(Yes guys 80kmph is the speed limit and 90kmph is a scorching speed for the indica, after all it takes 18+ secs to reach 90 i guess!). As i am nearing the curve which marks the end of the expressway i see montoya getting larger in my rear view mirror. I slow down to 80(law abiding citizen u see) and leave a wide berth for shatabi express. Even though i have left the fast lane wide open he overtakes from the left in a breathtaking overtaking manouvre, and cuts across to the fast lane, swinging the tail also a little bit. Honda advert inspiration I guess , or maybe early morning beer. There he goes into the yamuna i think, but no such adventure for our montoya. His reflexes are keen, his vision is like the hawk, after all he is the ex McLaren Merc champ, the one and only montoya. Zoom he goes and all i wonder is whats the hurry dude, you are going to hit the breaks as soon as the toll road ends, thanks to the red light

But soon i see his brake lights light up the sky and he is yet to cross the curve!. A few seconds later the mystery is solved. The cops were there with a radar fixed on Tata Sumo(Talk about brotherly love) and our montoya had to take an unscheduled pit stop. Not only that, lots of other wannabe F1 dudes are there and i guess he had to wait real long to get his challan. I resist the temptation to wave, and pass by at a scorching 80kmph, smiling to myself. "Yes today i beat a kompressor on a straight empty road "

So guys the moral of the story is "Next time you take out your ferrari and drag against poor souls on traffic lights, remember the the radar gun is mightier than the V12".
Old 8th August 2005, 16:04   #2
BHPian

Hey TSK,

COOOOOOL write-up, dude.
You fough well and the Force ceratinly seems to be with you on the Sabbath day.
However, to resist the temptation of a wave - THE finger would have been a little crass but a gentlemanly wave/thumbs-up must have been quite a tempetation to resist .

Let us meet this weekend - ntomer, Shobhit15 and all others from Noida, Interested?

Cheers
Old 8th August 2005, 16:15   #3
Team-BHP Support

If this guy with Kompressor felt a need to drag against an Indica, he must have had a self-esteem of an ant...

I never encourage any kind of racing on the road, if somebody tries to race me, I just let them pass. The only time I try to pass somebody is when they are going slower than I want to drive. If somebody is driving at the speed I want to drive, I nominate them as my pilot car.
Old 8th August 2005, 17:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

If not the middle finger .. at least the index finger a.k.a. Alonso !
Old 8th August 2005, 17:13   #5
BHPian

?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
If not the middle finger .. at least the index finger a.k.a. Alonso !
Sorry shuvc, but I did not get the Alonso part?
Pray explain.

Cheers
Old 8th August 2005, 18:50   #6
BHPian

Too good. Enjoyed it. Thanks TSK.
Old 8th August 2005, 21:11   #7
BHPian

awesome write up....man definately entertaining...you sure kicked his ***
Old 8th August 2005, 21:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

hehe awesome write up dude ...
kinda kicked myself reading the last part of your post tsk..

Quote:
But soon i see his brake lights light up the sky and he is yet to cross the curve!. A few seconds later the mystery is solved. The cops were there with a radar fixed on Tata Sumo(Talk about brotherly love) and our montoya had to take an unscheduled pit stop.
last time i had to pit on the DND circuit was ..exceeding the safety speed 80kmph by 60kmph... VErrrrY foolish ..

(hey tsk - if you can ask the toll dude with longish oily hair..about guy in the black corsa, he warns me everytime there is a speed check on the bridge after he heard about me from the tuhllas i guess.)
Old 8th August 2005, 23:52   #9
F50
Senior - BHPian

This sunday same thing happened with me a guy in NHC cuts across me I was doing only 40 coz i was low on full .... next signal i some how managed to get in front him and blocked him so that we are next to each other ... gave a look to him ... I know my Santro is no match for NHC but I wont go before a fight ... and after installing automech exhaust my acceleration has improved a bit. I did manage to get in front ... may be some one will say he was not pushing to limit watever its his problem not mine ...Then he storms past me ... top speed counts ... but what an idiot he was ... at the end of W.E. Highway there are 'S' curves to finish the highway ... he brakes to go through those turns i mean .. Idiot, dont know how to negotiate turns then why race... I happily overtook him and understeering all the way to victory
Old 9th August 2005, 09:43   #10
Senior - BHPian

You really know how to write dude. Thanks for the entertainment.
Old 9th August 2005, 10:31   #11
Team-BHP Support

LOL i use the silver lane, so no talking for me! I also had to light up the sky from 140kmph on getz as i saw the sumo. But all that smoke and sound saved me 400 bucks challan and now i always slow down on expressways, unless i am heading towards noida.
Old 9th August 2005, 11:29   #12
BHPian

great write-up enjoyed it!
Old 9th August 2005, 14:07   #13
BHPian

hi xsailor,

this weekend i will be driving to chail (15th August - monday - 3 days' week-end). so won't be able to join u guys :-( mebbe next time.

\N
Old 9th August 2005, 15:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hey tsk that was great writeup man, and nice moral to the story.
Old 9th August 2005, 15:35   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer
hi xsailor, this weekend i will be driving to chail (15th August - monday - 3 days' week-end). so won't be able to join u guys :-( mebbe next time. \N
Lucky you, mate. Chail is such a lovely place. Enjoy the drive and keep out of harm's way.

Take care.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks