Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2009, 15:41   #1
BHPian

Your first trip in your first car

Hello,

Few days ago as I was going through my travelogue photos, I came across photos of my first trip that I did after I had bought my first car. I bought a used zen 2003 lxi model on Nov-06, at that time I was not aware of Team BHP leave apart being a member.
I did my first really long trip in the month of August- 07 a good nine months after the car was purchase. Even now each and every detail can be recollected as I regard this trip as my best ever.

Now the reason for me to start this thread is, how many of you still remember your first trip after you have purchase your first car.

Please post some reviews and photos about your experiences.As for me, I along with my parents went to ganapatipule. Some pic have been attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Your first trip in your first car-image022.jpg  

Your first trip in your first car-image035.jpg  

Your first trip in your first car-image046.jpg  

Your first trip in your first car-image056.jpg  

Your first trip in your first car-image060.jpg  

Your first trip in your first car-image061.jpg  

Your first trip in your first car-image085.jpg  

Your first trip in your first car-image086.jpg  

Old 3rd January 2010, 09:06   #2
BHPian

Strange nobody wants to share their first trip. Come on guys please share your first trip details.
Old 3rd January 2010, 09:26   #3
BHPian

My first trip in my first car - a brand new Indica Turbo DLG was to Mangalore to visit the in-laws. It was just two months after I bought it in June 2006. August is definitely a great time to travel - for those who like the rain! The roads were not so bad as it is now - except for the Shiridi Ghats. It was raining cats and dogs and I for one really like driving in the rain for two reasons. One, the car gets a good wash and two - no two wheelers on the roads I have an elaborate write up of the third trip that was taken through Madekeri. I will post it once I find it. I will also have to search for pictures. More later.

Last edited by triedeverything : 3rd January 2010 at 09:28.
Old 3rd January 2010, 21:27   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post

Please post some reviews and photos about your experiences.As for me, I along with my parents went to ganapatipule. Some pic have been attached.
Never heard of 'ganapatipule' before. Which state is this in? Anyway, your photos look awesome !

My first trip was the car delivery from the showroom to my house.
It was driven by a driver from the showroom; I did not know to drive in India then.
Old 4th January 2010, 12:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics and lovely place too.
But where are the pics of your FIRST CAR ??
Old 4th January 2010, 13:04   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by db2000 View Post
Never heard of 'ganapatipule' before. Which state is this in?
Its right here in Maharashtra.
Old 4th January 2010, 13:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

Uday nice pics man, monsoon and western ghats cant beat this combo even my first drive was to the coast and in monsoon.

I was just praying that the wipers dont stop working

but so far have enjoyed monsoon drives then any other drives...
Old 8th January 2010, 09:22   #8
BHPian

I also like to drive in the rain. You will be surprised as to how skillful some riders are. Some can also do a Front Wheel Stoppe in Heavy Rain.

Most bikers can't even ride in dry weather in a Straight Line. LOL

My both First Trips were Really Senseless. My advice is very simple. Please do not Over Speed on your absolute First Day with the car but I totally love my cars. My Second Car got stuck in the Middle of the Night with some Mechanical Issues which luckily I got resolved within a few hours and was able to drive away. It was raining so heavily.

In a way both my cars are my First Cars. LOL
Old 8th January 2010, 09:38   #9
BHPian

Guys,

Please do post some snaps of your first trip along with your car.

This thread is picking up, good
uday
Old 8th January 2010, 09:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

No photographs, but my first drive met with a minor accident.
It was M800 2nd hand purchase, and after taking delivery I took the car to a service station for some check up. They asked me to wash the car so that they can check engine part, if any leakage etc is there. So on the way to car wash, my car hit one goods auto's rear frame. Nothing happened to the auto but a scratch and dent to my front left door (first drive after learning to drive a car hence not able to get the adjustment but keeping more importance to the right side, I unknowingly hit the auto which was loading something in front of a shop).
So additional expense around Rs.1500 to repair the door and paitning
job. (it happened about 17 years ago)
Old 8th January 2010, 12:09   #11
BHPian

I don't have any photos but my first "trip" back in 2005 was less than a week after I got delivery of my Indica. Went to Mumbai - Kandivli(W) to be precise for a wedding and came back very late the same evening.
Old 8th January 2010, 13:41   #12
BHPian

Does it have to be in a car that you bought personally? My first long-distance drive was during college (from Manipal to Goa) in an M800 back in 1998. Four other friends and I.

First trip after buying my own car was probably Bangalore - Ooty. No pics though.
Old 8th January 2010, 20:02   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Not 100% sure about this. My first highway / holiday drive was probably in the 118NE to Nasik (Devlali). Had taken Mum there for the weekend. The first *memorable* highway drive was in the Esteem though. What a second gear it had! T'was the power king of the mid-nineties.
Old 8th January 2010, 20:16   #14
Senior - BHPian

The first trip ever was in my Zen from Chennai to Chidambaram (Annamalai University). A trip planned in an hours time and we just hit the highway

The trip I anyway enjoyed fully was a drive from Bangalore to Munnar in the Zen!
Old 11th March 2010, 08:09   #15
Senior - BHPian

My first drive was in my brand new Maruti 800 Dx (beautiful yellowish green color) to the lovely Madikeri town, way back in 1998!
Awesome roads at that time (hardly any potholes).
Encountered a few drizzles on the way, while approaching the Madikeri estate farms, so the place looked real green & scenic. Sorry no pics, since I did not have a digital cam at that time (and I don't have a scanner !)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks