Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2010, 14:12   #16
ram17bhp

Apart from above, other mistake I made once/twice due to my utmost silliness:

- Leaving Passenger side Window fully rolled down one evening when parking in front of house. Discovered the mistake next morning only.

Above all the mistakes u mentioned , I find this a little serious , what happened did your stereo got stolen ? And for the other mistakes well keep your mind free while driving and you will see everything u say would eventually fade away. Try starting the car from a slope and practice it often , Just make sure you have a 2 ft distance around your car in your mind though you cant control the bikers rushing in from the millimeter gap they see. Just relax and enjoy your drive.

Old 27th January 2010, 22:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram17bhp View Post

- Leaving Passenger side Window fully rolled down one evening when parking in front of house. Discovered the mistake next morning only.
This is still ok. Now take this: My dad parked the car in front of our house (not even in the porch as there was another one parked) and he left the keys in the car itself.

Once I parked the car on the roadside inside our residential layout, took the HU panel out, locked the car and then put both the Key and the HU panel outside on the window side one entire night - that was in Bangalore. Anyone could easily drive the car away.
Old 28th January 2010, 01:17   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram17bhp View Post

Above all the mistakes u mentioned , I find this a little serious , what happened did your stereo got stolen ?
Thankfully all was ok, as no outsider realized my mistake till morning since car was parked just in front of my house(ground floor).

Now coming to the first point:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
- Keep the passenger side seat a little further back than it currently is. This helps keep the passenger out of the way.
- Obviously, lean forward when looking left, this is pretty much a standard behaviour.
- If your passenger has the habit of also leaning forward and looking left - tell them it blocks the driver's view!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnetid View Post
Your blind spot definitely need work. The only solution is leaning forward and backwards and if the divider is not too high, try looking at the other side even before you reach it - as long as you have your left covered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
On No.1, I suggest you keep taking glances at the traffic coming from your left much before you reach the middle of the road/gap in the divider - keep turning your head left and right to look at the traffic from both sides. That way you will be able to look through your windscreen and have some idea of the traffic from the left in advance.

The prob#1 is still bothering me.
Firstly, there is possibility of movement of other vehicles in many directions(shown as black arrows in below diagram). So cannot rely entirely on what I see before reaching divider.
Some driving mistakes I make. Help appreciated.-lefttrafficblindedwhichpathnamed.jpg

Further, I have also realised that the severity of problem depends on the angle at which I enter into the road.

I have marked three paths for reaching near the divider in blue,red and green color.
Till now, I have been entering the Road at a very acute angle (either the blue path(80% of time) or the red(20%)).
When taking Blue path: as I mentioned, the Front Passenger and B Pillar block my view the most unless I really lean forward a lot.
When I take Red path: I have to look through the BackSeat left side window to see incoming traffic (visibility is little better than blue path).
Green path: I think this will give highest visibility, but I have not tried it, as this will cause most obstruction to vehicles going/ready-to-go from A to C.

Which path out of these is most preferred ?
Please advice even if all three paths are not the correct way and there is some other better path.

Last edited by cool.aquarian : 28th January 2010 at 01:34.
Old 28th January 2010, 01:45   #19
BHPian

I am not sure why are you still facing this issue. I too drive a Ritz and have less than 1000 KMs of driving experience. I will try to explain (with my limited knowledge of driving) how I would have approached this situation.

First of all I am assuming that there are no signals on this cross-roads. And this is how I would approach -

1) Stop to see vehicles coming from side B and vehicles coming from A to C
2) If this is clear, move slowly towards divider
3) When moving, keep a watch on vehicles coming from A to B, honk to notify them about your turning
4) Complete the turn and be in the right most lane adjacent to divider

I will prefer the red path the most because in case I have to stop right in the middle, this is the path where most of the body is in divider lane (for lack of a better word) and least exposed to other vehicles moving on either side of the car. Hope this helps.
Old 1st February 2010, 22:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

I did left the window open for whole night and nothing happened. The turnings comes in its own as per some one's practice. The Velacharians from AGS Colony side,Ramnagar side will practice sooner and better than others because they can't escape those turnings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks