Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2010, 10:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

First of all, no vehicle is allowed on road without at least third party insurance. The dealer can not say that this car is not insured as its a TD car. In this case, if there was a casualty, who can settle the loss?

Secondly, if any car, having only 3rd party insurance met with an accident, the driver has to take the responsibility to repair the damages whether it be your friend's car or a dealers.
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:02   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Immediately after this mail I forwarded this mail to my friend in Maruti for followup and things moved very fast.

Company says that damage should be covered under Insurance and difference is the actual liability of driver. Now the dealership is ready to refund extra amount.
First and foremost, I must commend Maruti on their customer service. This is the 'nth time I am seeing quick action being taken against the dealer, and based on a customer's email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
He was also asked to pay the damages of Fiat Palio.
Shows that the dealer is a rogue. Whether or not he paid for damage to the car he was driving, just the fact that the dealer asked him to cover the Palio says it all. NO car is allowed on the roads without third party insurance. It is the third party (minimum) policy that is responsible for the Palio's damage.

Glad it all worked out in the end. Just for the record, and in case it helps others, you need only pay the difference (cost of repair LESS the amount taken care of by insurance. Basically, only depreciation on parts).
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks