Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:02   #1
BHPian

You reap what you sow

For all who think they can get away with anything, here is a little, but interesting incident i witnessed today to think on.

Heading towards Delhi, i approach the Toll booth on the Gurgaon expressway, next to Amby Mall at about 10 am in the morning. As usual, there are humongous queues in all Lanes, and an ocean of vehicles waiting to cross.

I join the queue obediently, and glance at my watch thinking, this would take a while.

Then i see a White HR registered Swift zoom past me, Brazenly disregarding the queue, squeezing in through the gap between two lanes and making all of us waiting in the queue look like idiots. it makes my blood boil, but i simply stay put.

As the queue starts inching forward, this guy tries to make his way between any little gap in the queue, but as expected. nobody wants to let him through.

so by the time i approach the toll booth, he is still trying hard.

Determined not to let him through, i leave no gap between my car and the Palio in front of me. but the goon that he is, he forces his way through, almost making contact with my car.

i give him an ugly stare, and he shows me the middle finger! it just makes me laugh, i stay calm.

what happens next is just Brilliant!

The guy has a Magnetic toll card, so he speeds his way through the little toll corridor, at the end of the corridor the bar is already lifted up, suspended in mid air.

The moment he goes under it, BAMMMM ! the huge metallic pole bar, comes crashing down on the rear end of his cars roof!

Apparently the sensor FAILED to read the card.

what a moment! i cant help but laugh out loud. the guy parks his car at the side and starts arguing with the toll guy, swearing, gesturing.

i laugh more as i speed away thinking "you reap what you sow" , "Jaisee Karni, waisee bharni".

Last edited by Sli_ce : 2nd February 2010 at 14:08.
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Such morons deserve it! Divine justice I say.....
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice job. Guess the toll plaza operator did it purposefully.
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

ha ha.

You derived an absolutely wrong conclusion from the same data!! The fact is that there are some lanes where the reader does not work! He had a problem because he was not observing, not because of karni bharni. LOL.

that said, I am WAY more fed up with non-tag/exempt vehicles slowing down tag lanes and throwin their ego around! When will DGSCL start fining those clowns.
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:19   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
ha ha.

You derived an absolutely wrong conclusion from the same data!! The fact is that there are some lanes where the reader does not work! He had a problem because he was not observing, not because of karni bharni. LOL.

that said, I am WAY more fed up with non-tag/exempt vehicles slowing down tag lanes and throwin their ego around! When will DGSCL start fining those clowns.
emm, the lane had a board, clearly stating, TOLL CARD, CASH, besides the Palio in front of this guy, breezed through without paying cash my friend ( he had a toll card too).

Toll card or not, THIS guy got what he deserved!

Last edited by Sli_ce : 2nd February 2010 at 14:26.
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

HAHAHHA

Wish you get a pic of the same guys face...

What a title - and what a ending. Short and VERY sweet STORY
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:39   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sli_ce View Post
Determined not to let him through, i leave no gap between my car and the Palio in front of me. but the goon that he is, he forces his way through, almost making contact with my car.

i give him an ugly stare, and he shows me the middle finger! it just makes me laugh, i stay calm.

what happens next is just Brilliant!

The guy has a Magnetic toll card, so he speeds his way through the little toll corridor, at the end of the corridor the bar is already lifted up, suspended in mid air.

The moment he goes under it, BAMMMM ! the huge metallic pole bar, comes crashing down on the rear end of his cars roof!

Apparently the sensor FAILED to read the card.

what a moment! i cant help but laugh out loud. the guy parks his car at the side and starts arguing with the toll guy, swearing, gesturing.

i laugh more as i speed away thinking "you reap what you sow" , "Jaisee Karni, waisee bharni".
The swift guy, got what he deserved. And you my friend, got what you deserved, for being calm. You were very lucky there.

Last edited by rg_chn : 2nd February 2010 at 14:41.
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:03   #8
BANNED

Oh my God, this is hilarious, ROFTLAMO he deserved it for his monkey tricks. I wish I could put more of these...Good story...!!!
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

cant help, there are some morons like these who donot believe in following queues and then pushing themselves in with also causing damage to others. If all the cars in the toll lane do like him then what ?

Wonder where do such people leave their brains when they take out their car.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 2nd February 2010 at 15:08.
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:12   #10
MCR
BHPian

This has made me rememeber a very old but similar incident. The year was 2005. I was then driving a M800 on Mysore road. I pull into a indian oil pump. Just as I am pulling in the position for refuelling a Magenta coloured KL registered Civic cuts me and stops dead. The bunk chap tells the Civic owner that I was first, but the Civic owners cuts me and him off saying that he will fill twice the amount I fill and his car is almost 10 times the price of my car. My parents pacified me and we did not argue further. But imagne what happened as he filled up and started to drive. The bunk person had opened a airtight inspection cover for something and the right front wheel of the Civic landed straight inside that. Poor Civic guy, came out of his car and started an argument with the bunk fellow. I in the meantime filled up and drove away.

PS : No offense meant.

Last edited by MCR : 2nd February 2010 at 15:13.
Old 2nd February 2010, 21:03   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
The bunk chap tells the Civic owner that I was first, but the Civic owners cuts me and him off saying that he will fill twice the amount I fill and his car is almost 10 times the price of my car. .
I wonder how people with such cheap mentality earn so much money..! Their Ego trip will end somewhere I guess.
Old 2nd February 2010, 21:12   #12
Senior - BHPian

Serves him right!Such characters need to get things the hard way. I so wish the moron was driving a convertible, and the cross bar landed on his head.Of course, not much damage would occur since the guy's head would be empty.Some air might leak out though!
Old 4th February 2010, 21:32   #13
BHPian

Lol

Divine Vengeance

That guy totally deserved it
Old 5th February 2010, 13:00   #14
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
I wonder how people with such cheap mentality earn so much money..! Their Ego trip will end somewhere I guess.
+1 on that. Though OT, I see so many car guys who sit in their cars on the shoulders of busy roads waiting for family to finish their shopping, when parking lot's are actually free! I toss a comment as I pass by, dus lakh ka gaadi khareedega, magar dus rupaiya ka parking ticket nahin lega.
And most often their ego trip ends when a cop on duty comes with a towing vehicle. But in pune, an NRI took a cop for a ride (literally - on his bonnet).
Old 5th February 2010, 13:16   #15
Senior - BHPian

Near the Nelamangala(Bangalore) toll gate I saw one big hilarious incident.We were following a big queue, suddenly a guy with Honda City came next to us and was trying to cut us.He was coming in parallel to our queue and by the time we reached toll(it was almost 30mins wait) he was on the pavement.The toll guy sent him back by showing a big iron rod.The poor chap had to go all the way back by taking a U-Turn and going behind almost 60-70 cars,which might have taken another 1 hour easily to reach the toll.If he had come behind us he would have reached his home town by then.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks