Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2005, 12:23   #1
BHPian

Incident on Delhi-Noida DND Toll Road ! Help

I was traveling from Delhi to Noida yesterday in an Army Gypsy with a friend of mine who is a Major along with one Jawan and a driver of the Gypsy.

Upon reaching the toll bridge, we were surprised to find out that he refused to open the toll gate with out us paying the toll .Upon telling the operator that government vehicles are exempted from paying any kind of toll tax the guy refused to budge from his stand and insisted that we pay a toll and only then will he allow us to pass. I am surprised as to how they can charge toll from Government Vehicles. Further to this another guy asked to pay the toll and then park on the side in case we had any questions, we did so and he came to us with an armed body guard carrying a stupid 12 bore rifle. I mean who he thinks he stopped some gang members or what. Here was a Major in the Indian Army in His uniform traveling in His Official Car .

Anyways they told us that since this is a private road they can charge even army cars and all Government Vehicles. I some how don’t think his statement is correct. Does any know the rules about this? As far as I know they can’t charge.

Some help in this please as the Major had taken this personally and quiet pissed and I told him I will get to the bottom of this and revert back to him.
Thanks Guys!!
Old 29th September 2005, 12:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Bad Cheetah There is a letter from the Government which states exemption of toll tax for government vehicles and even private vechicles owned by Ex- Government Personells! All you have to do is to carry that letter along or get it attested by your local Army Depot with the Car number and photograph!
Old 1st October 2005, 00:09   #3
SLK
Senior - BHPian

I see NO reason why goverment vehicles.. should not be paying toll tax to private operators. You use the road ... the whole of Delhi pays, You pay. Otherwise you obvoiusly you have the old route.
Old 1st October 2005, 02:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Exactly. Why should the government be exempt? Use, pay. Otherwise make it free.
Old 1st October 2005, 03:08   #5
BHPian

Well guys...that's the rule and we can't do anything about it....

Got this from MSRDC site http://www.msrdc.org/bids/tender1/Tender-000150.htm. If this is the policy is Maharashtra then it must also be the same in Delhi...

Quote:
2. The following types of vehicles are exempted from payment of toll, namely.

VVIP vehicles carrying President of India and Vice President of India, Governor of States, Public Representatives entitled for Red lamp on vehicle.

Government Vehicles.

Defence Vehicles.

Police Vehicles.

Fire Fighting Vehicles.

Ambulances.

Hearses.

Vehicles of the Posts & Telegraphs Department.

Vehicle carrying sitting member of Parliament, Maharashtra Legislative Assembly and Maharashtra legislative Council.
Old 1st October 2005, 07:34   #6
Team-BHP Support

Thats for the govt. This is a private toll ro
Old 1st October 2005, 07:34   #7
Team-BHP Support

Thats for the govt. This is a private toll road. I have seen huge hoarding about exempt vehicles only on govt operated toll booth.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks