Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2004, 01:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys

Since no one's initiated this part of the forum yet, i thought to be selfish and cut the ribbon myself.

This happened one Sunday evening in January. Dippy, Addy, GTO (M5) n myself decided to meet up. So we met up at the seaface as usual. Dippy n me were waiting for the other 2 to come. When Addy just called in and said, "guess what i saw, the bentley continental gt turning into seaface, into worli". The two of us jumped in joy. 5 minutes later, Addy joined us and told us where the car went, so we headed in that direction in my matiz. To those who don't know, my matiz is stock currently, had a sport exhaust which was taken away from me! . No sooner did we get close to the place, we saw bluish headlights in the opposite direction (xenons). And lo!, the gt just passed by us. Wasting no time, i took a u-turn, screeched my tyres and went to hunt it down. We caught up with him at the signal in the middle of seaface. The moment it turned green, he headed, turbos whining fast towards Poonam chambers leaving us fo dead! Well my Matiz has a trick or two up its sleeve, namely kicking in its turbos too (yea if u call switiching off the AC as providing boost).

There started the 52bhp vs 552 bhp race. I was down 10 times, but had agility and small size to push me thru. And yea, it surely dead. The chase went on to poonam chambers, Haji-ali and finally the 1st petrol pump at peddar road, just before jaslok. Where luck held us and he stopped to drop someone. We wasted no time in walking up and talking to the driver, exchanged pleasantries, some fotos and we were off!!!

Moral of the story: It isn't always necessary to have more HP. All u need is some skill and some quick thinking, and u can bring any supercar's panties down.(as quentin wilson wud say!!!)
Old 26th February 2004, 01:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Yeah Rohin

It was a wild chase. Too bad GTO couldnt make it. Like I said he would have cured his eye there and there....

Anyways heres the pictures I took after we stopped him

Cheers
Old 26th February 2004, 01:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

Heres another
Old 26th February 2004, 01:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Right behind the GT at Haji Ali signal (Its a bit blurry but what the heck!!)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks