Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2004, 02:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Its not everyday that we get to drive fast for long stretches in Mumbai. And if we do get it, those darn traffic signals end up delaying your adrenalin rush. So what would happen if you drove in rush-hour, with traffic signals and a not so good car as competition but with an excellent driver behind the wheel to boot, racing at 110-120kmph in really small cars. Well you've got an explosive account.

It happened around a month back. I had a late class that morning and was too lazy to catch the train from Andheri station. So off i went to my drawer, picked up the keys and started my 52 bhp racer, now famous thanks to the conti-gt experience it had earlier. I really didnt expect anything untoward or great to happen, since it was 10:30, i knew i'd catch a lot of traffic and would be late for class if the traffic was worse than expected. So i took the Sahar route, rather than the Andheri-Kurla road for a change. As soon as i passed GM Sheraton, i saw a silver spec in my rear-view mirror and the next thing i knew it flashed past me. I was stunned, an Indica diesel revving really hard? You gotta be kidding me, so went down from 5th to 3rd and started chasing this car.

Half a Kilometer down, at the turning from the Cargo section of the airport, i caught a glimpse of the driver. And wow, a 18-19 year old girl was giving this car the thorough job. I thought, well good opportunity to show this girl who the boss really is. So the MCP part in me decided to let this baby have some rock-n-roll. So i pushed up the volume of my linkin park cd and started gnashing the gears in the hope to catch up with this girl. She got the message and started doing her bit to keep as away as possible. Avoiding Octavias, accords and rickshaws (yea i call them *******s), we reached the WE highway where we took the right turn, she leading the way and with the clear stretch we both let our feet go as down as we could. And boy she pulled away like no tomm with the torque of the diesel pulling her away. I was pushing real hard myself, taking the car to 80 in 3rd gear, but she was still walking away from me.

The 1st signal came at Vile-Parle, the one right after the flyover and boy i got a red-card while the referee let her go-by. I was determined to get hold of her. I dodged a few ricks and came at the head of the starting line. Once it turned green i let my right foot and left hand do the talking. And boy, i caught her at orchid's signal (lucky me she was stuck in traffic) and from there on we never stopped. She dodged rickshaws, cars bikes and anything else with the same impunity. And before we knew, we were both doing around 120, she leading sometimes, me going past her and leading sometimes. Then at santacruz flyover we were neck and neck, dodging b/w the leftmost and the rightmost lanes, giving every other motorist the SCARE-JOB.

Bandra signal and we were next to each other. Then again lights turned green and we were off trying to play leader. Took the flyover in 3rd at nearly 90, avoiding more vehicles, then descending into rows of traffic, dodging past and finally reaching the turn for Mahim.

She was right in front of me. So i got off, knocked on her window and said "you are the most amazing driver i have ever come across. And to find someone revving an Indica, that too a girl like you is simply outstanding". Shaking my hand and giggling(and blushing) away she said" I enjoyed it too, thanks." My friends think I am rash though!". To which i commented. "They arent your friends then, keep it up and drive safe.". Saying that i moved back to my car, waved her goodbye, she taking Tulsi-Pipe, while i went straight ahead towards shivaji-park.

My only regret. I never gave her my no.

If You do find a girl in a silver Indica, registered MH02 AX ____ ( Sorry guys u aint getting the number ), and revving it hard, u know whom u've confronted.

Revvmaster
Old 15th March 2004, 03:51   #2
RJK
Senior - BHPian

hey revv....

that sure was an explosive account...i must say she had the guts to race the indica ! i happen to have one & that car simply makes me wanna sleep...i say whats the point in revving the indica...u'll have to stand on the accelerator to make it run...
u got me all excited now bro..i'm gng out to rip my city now !

Btw was the girl hot ?

M3
Old 15th March 2004, 04:01   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hey Revv,

u didnt give her your # but u got her # ;-]
"MH02 AX ____ "

hahah.keep ur eyes open.cheers.
Old 15th March 2004, 04:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Interesting story. How come i never get to race like that..... * * *ooooops, i know.......i drive a Vtec

I often enjoy racing the Wagon R more than the vtec, it's sometimes good to have competition for a change ...

PS: Is the Diesel indica really that quick?? I have my doubts....... coz the last time i drove my cousin's Indica (D), it was pathetic.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 15th March 2004, 12:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yeah an amazing race. Too bad we didnt get her contact. I'm sure she would be on team bhp right now. To take an Indica to that limit is really something. And yes Revv told me she was quite hot.

Cheers

Old 15th March 2004, 14:51   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'd never mind losing to a pretty thing behind the wheel...

Good account Revv, she must be really good at it if she kept you behind her in a diesel vehicle (or maybe it was the mpfi version?)

GTO
Old 15th March 2004, 16:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

GTO it was a diesel Indica.. thats whats astonishing

Cheers
Old 16th March 2004, 00:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

hey Gto n gang.

Yea she was a hot babe and yea it was the Diesel Indica DLS. I was as astonished at the pulling capabilities of that car as u guys are. But then again, she was real good at wrestling power out of that laggard.

I still keep looking around for her. And repeat that experience all over again

Revvmaster
Old 16th March 2004, 00:56   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hey Revv I hope once you find u'll do more than just race with her

Cheers
Old 16th March 2004, 14:22   #10
Team-BHP Support

Hey Revv,
Why not trace this lady down and inviting her to the drag.

How does this sound?
52bhp Bentley chaser Vs. 55bhp MH02 AX ......
Old 17th March 2004, 16:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

Dude i can't take this anymore, i'l come to Bbay this week end...you contact that female and ask her to get her Indica, i'll take your Matiz and see if she can really pull away.

I mean, that cars is more than 200kgs heavier and just 3 bhp more powerful. ofcourse it's got more torque but then again, it's an ""INDICA"".

I want a re-match....

PS: i too don't mind losing to a pretty girl....provided she's in a pretty powerful car. *

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 15th April 2004, 08:03   #12
BANNED

hmm guys this is where pistons and cams rule over the heart !
Old 15th April 2008, 12:33   #13
Senior - BHPian

i do mind losing to a female driver. And I never have lost to one, and dont plan to do so either.And in an Indica DLS? No way revv. Like was said, give me the keys to your ride, and Ill show her whats what
Old 15th April 2008, 12:42   #14
Senior - BHPian

LOL You chose a 4 year old thread to show that you dont like losing to a female driver
Old 15th April 2008, 12:51   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
LOL You chose a 4 year old thread to show that you dont like losing to a female driver

Lols

bro, I guess by now he would have contacted the girl also, and having his own private 'RACE'

Guess you still have to keep hunting for your Miss Racer X

Most Viewed