Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2004, 20:23   #1
BHPian

This happened in Nov 2002. Evening 5.30 pm. I have just packed up for the day. Waiting to get to the other side of the road to my parked car. I happen to see a silver mercedes S class coming on my left. Wonder to myself, when will i go home in one of these.
It passes by me and that very moment, i hear a screeching sound on my rite. Wake up from my day dream and happen to see a rickshaw tyre rolling on its own coming towards me.
The rick which had this tyre at it few moments ago, is being frantically braked, brake pedal to the metal to no avail.
Of all the things on the road, thwackkk, goes and kisses the merc. Man i m stunned! Of all the things....why the merc. The rick driver must have been sh**ting bricks seeing himself go into a merc thats if the bhaiyya knew what was he going into.
Crowd begins to gather. Driver of the merc jumps out. Inspects the damage..hmm. Owner comes out. Young chap in his thirties. "chalo driver..sirf no. plate hil gaya hai..time nahin hai, chalo"
The crowd not bothered abt the rickshaw..which had crumpled in the front. Everyone just looking at the merc and giving their expert opinion. I m yelling to my neighbor standing nxt to me in all my excitement , "60 lakhs ki gaadi hai, 60 lakhs ki gaadi hai" LOL. That was some scene that day. The merc drove off and the crowd vanished. The bhaiyya must have pulled the rick and thot to himself, "today is my lucky day..or for the rest of my life i would be earning to pay back that rich bloke."
Hope he has learnt his lesson and gone to his native place.
Yup, that mercedes owner had class...ppl owning cheaper cars would have yelled and screamed and sweared. If you know this chap, plz ask him what was going on in his mind.
Old 16th April 2004, 20:30   #2
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

was it a GA regd Merc?? Always see a young chap sittin in the back seat with a laptop in Andheri.

Reminds me of this cartoon :
Old 16th April 2004, 20:35   #3
BHPian

Dont remember all the minute details. This happened in Goregaon East. Its called off Aarey road.
Old 16th April 2004, 23:48   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (need4speed @ April 16 2004,18:53)]Hope he has learnt his lesson and gone to his native place.
LOL ! *

He sure is a lucky guy.....should really go into exile and spend the rest of his life praying in thanks for his good fortune!!

Man to almost hit a merc is a DAMN scary thing.... much worse than when u are driving a merc and almost bang it!...
I remember new years morning..about 5am...i was on marine drive and a silver SL55 passed me...so obviously i gave chase man..was goin pretty fast! SL55...AWESOME... and then the guy used the braking power of the SL to stop and i SHAT... holy poop man...i put the pedal through the floor and managed to come to a screeching hault..... at that time i could see only one thing..... the price tag!! *

And then later when i found out abt RG's 55 i remembered this * *(it was him..as you probably assumed)

cya
R
Old 17th April 2004, 00:07   #5
BHPian

That was a howlarious cartoon v12! had me in splits. Pic happened to open only now. :d
Old 17th April 2004, 00:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey n4s

Same thing happened at Verdova quite some time back . I met Bhushan at Barista hed got his 355 along he parked it outside Barista and we both started chatting. He was standing with me outside the car and one of his bodyguards stood next to it. There was this Zen parked in front of the Ferrari. He started reversing and suddenly.... bump.....OUCH!!! the Zen touched the Ferrari .. The car got a crack in the paint of the front bumper. The Zen guy got out shit scared , the body guard was screaming sayin he'll break the Zen doors and stuff. I and Bhushan went and saw what happened and Bhushan goes " Its ok ..cool" . I was stunned but then thats the way hes been from school very quiet and soft spoken. Infact I felt like taking a gun and shooting the guys head off.

Boy that was some incident
Old 17th April 2004, 00:48   #7
BHPian

I remember you telling me this dippy. That zen guy must b having nitemares. He can tell his grandchildren...i bumped into a ferrari and got almost smashed in the face.
Old 17th April 2004, 00:56   #8
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]the body guard was screaming sayin he'll break the Zen doors
the body builder guy?? He's capable of doin that.
Old 17th April 2004, 04:58   #9
Team-BHP Support

Hahaha...LOL dippy...
i guess the ferrari is so low that when the zen guy looked in his rear veiw mirror he mustnt have seen anything!..... Bhushan should get a "car-guard" as well.....ie a guy who stands around making sure no1 reverses into his cars!!
cya
Rehaan
Old 17th April 2004, 06:12   #10
BANNED

hey guys who said money doesnt buy u class... and e class, s class, c class ... i mean!

Most Viewed