Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2004, 00:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

fellas ,

this happened in nov 2003. had been to khargar as i heard that drags were taking place. went there , watched the drag and then this happens.....

1.30 am - start off from khargar ...slowly cross belapur and reach the start of the palm beach road near the nri complex..my frnd chetan gets a brainwave...says y dont we try and launch like we r in a drag ..i say ok, stuff metallica into the pioneer mp3 player and just as am abt to launch ...i brake ...see an indica growing huge in the rear view mirror fast!!!!

we decide to let the guy pass and take off after him...he whoozes past arnd 120 kmph and maaan i let go my ikon...the growl is delicious .....faster and faster ...the indica accelerates and i redline the ikon and floor it....the road is twisty in parts ...i come along side( 4th gear ) the speedo showing 130 ..the guy is trying his best ....i downshift to 3 and floor it and scream off the speedo shows 155 ...pooof the indica is dust .....but then we reach civilisation(vashi) .....i slow down ..the indica comes alongside ..shake of hands , a thumbs up and he's off......while chetan n me ....we are in a trance of adrenalaine rush and metallica !!

dint know just watching a drag cud have *effect like this.

cheers
Old 17th April 2004, 11:58   #2
Team-BHP Support

Tey say the most dangerous part of a drag meet (or any racing event) is at the end of the day when everyone goes home, coz then they all drive like they're the next Schumi!

I'm sure anyone who was there at the drag will vouch for that!
Old 17th April 2004, 12:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

Right said Rtech

One does feel the after effects of a drag. Let alone the drag .. even after I watch the Grand Prix on big screen I get into the mood , I feel as if I've taken Schumi pills and start racing right from Nariman Point to home. I guess the excitement does get to you most of the times

Its like MAIN BHI SCHUMACHER

Cheers
Old 17th April 2004, 13:46   #4
BHPian

now i know why u have the nick-normally crazy!!!! haha
Old 17th April 2004, 19:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Dippy @ April 17 2004,20:53)]Let alone the drag .. even after I watch the Grand Prix on big screen I get into the mood
You said it man, sometimes i can't even wait for the race to get over. hehe

Regards..
Shan2nu
Old 18th April 2004, 04:18   #6
BANNED

it carzy man when u seem to be on top of everythng and then all of sudden that cycle guy jumps right into the middle and on to the car. why indians still dont lok before the cross the road..they just think its a extension of their backyard...!
Old 12th May 2004, 01:00   #7
BHPian

Hey pal keep it cool dude and take care there are a lot of other drivers who are not so educated in their cars or in drags and these guys are dangerous bcause they wont just kill them selves but others too dude keep it cool bro cheers
Team Fiat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks