Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2010, 10:24   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
The toll counter staff often do not give back change, instead offer chocolates! But, I was prepared for these bandits, by taking a good collection of coins of various denominations from Bangalore!

Of course, I never used the exclusive lane meant for pass-holders.
Tell me about it!! It was rampant only in Maharashtra so far and Karnataka toll booths used to give change. This time ( I think Hattargi ) guy gave me a biscuit packet instead of 5Rs change. I blasted him and gave him 5 Rs to return change. But yes, these days I go armed with 2,1,5 Rs denominations.

In a way, their practice taught me a lesson also to keep the change ready. At the toll gates in the US, one can throw the requisite coins in a big funnel and the gates open.I used to keep the change always and gave up that habit on returning. So, the silver lining is, each bad thing brings some good habits as well.

I found the Bombay toll gates to be too few for the amount of traffic. And always there are very big queues. Space may have been a constraint in land acquisition. You see a sea change between Maharashtra and Karnataka on the time you spend in toll gates. Shivpur, Kini and Taswade toll plazas easily take 15-20 minutes altogether. You cross over to Karnataka and the toll gates take less than a minute.

Nainar

Last edited by anainar : 27th August 2010 at 10:27.
Old 16th October 2010, 23:44   #32
BHPian

I want people to fairly answer.

If a few vehicles cut lanes and keep moving forward then won't you also do the same ?

I have also sometimes stood for a long time and it gets very frustrating.

The Local Taxis do not pay anything as it would be too expensive for them to account for it in the customer fare.

btw The Chevrolet Dealer also has a Service Station near Mulund ? Please answer as it is important for me to know if Chevy are serviced in that area.
Old 1st December 2010, 15:15   #33
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Not sure whether this is the right thread.

MNS takes its toll at naka - The Times of India
Old 1st December 2010, 15:45   #34
Senior - BHPian

The tol naka referred to in the article is the one before entering Kalyan from Nasik highway. For years no one had a clue as to why a toll had to be paid to enter Kalyan which till date is still a mystery.

I would request MNS to do the same at the Mulund toll naka too since that is also a big traffic stopper.
Old 1st December 2010, 17:22   #35
BHPian

Violence doesnt solve anything. The sensible way is to join together and file an RTI and follow it up with a legal case. Citizens joining together and raising this peacefully is what would solve the problem.

Look at other countries. They are working towards improving infrastructure and here, we are still trying to fill our pockets first. Quite dissapointing actually.

Most Viewed