Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2004, 03:00   #1
BANNED

hey all,

vishnu here.. the unfortunate happended to me last month. it was on the 17 april.. was going to a freinds party near kundapur ..thats near udupi. well it happened late at night. around 10. me adn 3 other frends of mine was in the car. i was driving . i wanted to get pull out of the high way to the right side of the road. there was this truck around me. i had my INDICATOR on and this b++++ didnt realize it. i was on the right hand side of the road on the other lane slowly pulling out.. then WHAMMMMMM this truck runs into me from behind !!!! by gods grace and thanx partly to my energy absorption bumper we r all safe !!! my car was total wreck. had to change my boot, rear glass, bumper...! all came upto rs 55000. got the car back today all fixed. since i had 3rd party insurance there is no use. also i dint have a indian dlc. only the one from us. so that didnt help either. anyways happy to be alive.....and guys pls .lok behind when u turn off the highway,. those truck guys dont give a damn to u signals..!

take care and peace out..
vishnu
here r the pic below...!!!

the truck. notice the dent on the right & my rear seat buddy (buzzed)

the rear view of my cielo (right side completely gone)

the side view
Old 22nd April 2004, 03:17   #2
RJK
Senior - BHPian

dude...
take a look at the car & thank god everyday that u & ur frnds especially sitting at the back are alive!! thats why i always drive defensively at nights unless the road is absolutely empty & nobody around...better reach late than never!
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]also i dint have a indian dlc
do u mean indian driving license? anyway did u guys not beat the shit out of the truck driver for doing this!! obvioulsy he musn't have compensated to u in anyway...

Drive safe man...

M3
Old 22nd April 2004, 03:27   #3
BANNED

NOPS.........hey wait ..let me put it in the owners own words........ " i am going through a bad phase now...so i will give u rs3500"................. i said f&^* off...!!!
ya i mean driving license.. applied for one..!
Old 22nd April 2004, 03:59   #4
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]ya i mean driving license.. applied for one..!

u never used to live in india or just lazy to get one b4 this!

M3
Old 22nd April 2004, 04:21   #5
BANNED

was never here man. in us and middle east most of of my life...no learning how to save peoples live.....ie. mbbs in manipal...

peace out...
Old 22nd April 2004, 07:19   #6
zen
BHPian

Glad ur ok.. especially your friends!

Had a scary 5 minutes once on the mumbai - ahmedabad highway when the lights just went off.. no headlights, no indicators, no brake lights, no nothing.. just continued driving so i didnt end up with a truck up my ass!
Old 22nd April 2004, 13:55   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Vishnu,

Pray with gratitude, the Cielo seems to have held up well seeing that it was on a highway, and the damage to the front end of the truck.

However, remember the three most important rules of driving in India:

1. SIZE COUNTS - Might is right, always let the truckie have the right of way.

2. Comprehensive insurance - An absolute must, and pretty much a bargain to insure our cars against what they are exposed to on Indian roads.

3. IDL is the only unofficially and officially recognised permit in our country

GTO
Old 22nd April 2004, 14:38   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (vishnugnair @ April 22 2004,02:51)]was never here man. in us and middle east most of of my life...
Thats not an excuse - it is the first thing one does when relocating to a new country -- get the DL sorted out. If you had hit someone, the insurance would not have paid out- putting you in hot water.
Old 22nd April 2004, 14:50   #9
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ajmat @ April 22 2004,13:08)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (vishnugnair @ April 22 2004,02:51)]was never here man. in us and middle east most of of my life...
Thats not an excuse - it is the first thing one does when relocating to a new country -- get the DL sorted out. If you had hit someone, the insurance would not have paid out- putting you in hot water.
absolutely...insurance w/o license is just useless...

M3
Old 22nd April 2004, 14:58   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hey GTO,
if Vishnu is talking about the N.Highway near Kundapur, then it has to be the NH17. Driven on that road a hundred times and will be at it again this weekend.

Though i've never had problems with trucks on that road, the private buses that run between Udupi and Mlore are real demons man.

Watching these buses in action is like watching WRC. When i was doin my 1st year PUC in Mulki (near Mlore), i remeber, we had about 5-6 deaths due to accidents, around Mulki alone!!!

And the worst part was that i had to travel in these buses to Mlore every weekend and boy did i enjoy it

Goin to Mlore this weekend "maybe", so guys wish me luck. Time to take one off em, brave pills. "Borrowed them from Clarkson"

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 22nd April 2004, 19:27   #11
BANNED

yo shan2nu ...drop by to manipal man if u can. we can meet up too. anyways let me know..
and man u will alrite... i just happend to be at the spot at the bad time!!!
Old 22nd April 2004, 19:49   #12
Senior - BHPian

I'm not relly sure if i'll be making that trip to Mlore, but if i do, i'll surely try my best to stop by at Manipal.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 22nd April 2004, 20:19   #13
Senior - BHPian

Holy#$@$ man.... thats a damm bad accident...good u were in a Saloon car and not a hatchback...the boot saved u...at night especially on highways..truck drivers go wild and take the road as a drag strip!
THats a close shave men
Old 23rd April 2004, 01:59   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hey vishnu

You guys really have to thank God and the Cielo for saving your lives. Its really amazing the way the car held up. Next time around do drive carefully and please let those damn trucks pass . At the most you'll be a little late thats all if you are in a hurry

And yes do follow GTOs rules for driving in India .

Safe driving pal!!!!

Cheers
Old 23rd April 2004, 04:34   #15
BANNED

i did let him pass man... i mean just look at the damn truck ....he should not have been there...and my right side is damaged...when i was on right side of the road and truck behind me. i dont know where what the heck he was thinking!!!!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks