Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2004, 23:04   #1
Team-BHP Support

hey ppl, . . .
hwz stuff goin . . . my first day n post here . . god i hoped i had gt on to dis site weneva it started . . .
nyways . . here s one of da experiences i ve had . . .
was abt mayb a year bk .
was like arnd mayb 2 am . . was getin bk frm the int airport . . . . n by mistake i cut this guy in a yellow palio . . . *then was cruisin at like mayb 80-85 n then all of a sudden i c the palio dude blastin past me at atleast 120-130 . . . n it lookd like he wantd to take revenge or watteva . . . . was alone so i thought i wasnt bad checkin out my accent s power ( even though i knwe its realiee flimsy ) , so there came the shift 5tn to 3rd . . . . n then all that happpened was that the accel was flattened n the gear was changed n then accel flattened again . . . . .,dunno whether u guys will believe it but i was doin 160 kmph in the fourth . . . n i did nt wannna shift it in the fifth fearin that the car wud get realiee ugly to handle as i was approachin the left curve after the domestic airport signal . .. by this time there existed a fixcd gap between my n that guys car ( mayb coz he must hav slowed down sumwhere ) so i guess both of us were doin a constant 160 n then finallly after the flyover i gt a chance to overtake him as he slowed down due to a car a lill ahead of him . . . but guys the best part was the smell of burnt rubbber once i parked my car at home . i m sure the experience msnt have thrillled u guys as much as it thrilled me coz things get bland when they are narrated .
n i have this gut feelin that da palio guy s a member of da site . . n dus ny1 knwe if the drags at vashi organised by karan shah are yet takin place . . if ya then when

p.s. i ve neva eva driven on the expressway as my wheel is witout fail snathched by my bro

nyways guys .. . . tc . . n drive safely ! ! !
manson .

Note from the Admin : Thanks for sharing. But do refrain from using excessive amounts of slang. It can be an eyesore for most users.

Thanks

Old 29th October 2004, 14:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi. Welcome aboard.

Old 29th October 2004, 16:15   #3
BHPian

Interesting was it the rubber or Clutch? coz Accent has a very weak clutch... I used to get the clutch burnt smell whenever i use to take my old Accent GLS out for some hi-speed thrills...

Anyways welcome to team-bhp and write a lil better english cuz we aint k00l 3nuff 4 da slang dope u dump...
pl34s3 23fr4in fr0m such p0sts @ t34m-bhp.c0m
Old 29th October 2004, 18:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

it took me an hour to understand wat u have written.
that u won.
hencfeorth drive carefully
Old 9th November 2004, 01:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]dunno whether u guys will believe it but i was doin 160 kmph in the fourth
An Accent doing 160?? That should have scared your pants off!! I somehow can't believe that someone driving an Accent held onto a speed of 160kmph!
Old 11th November 2004, 03:10   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

impressive performance there by your accent ...
remind me of the time my palio kicked an city 1.3s #### as i was getting late for a plane and told my driver to drive...
did 140 on the way there

BTW - i did a full 183 kmph in my palio on the expressway

man that was FUN- big time
but the xcar needs better rubber
Old 11th November 2004, 03:52   #7
Senior - BHPian

Nice one there Manson. But personally, i would think twice before racing on the streets at night. I've done it before, but have given up now. *

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Interesting was it the rubber or Clutch?
Allajunaki, that was the first thought that came to my mind after i read the review. As i remember, one off the auto mags mentioning that after a few tests they could smell a burnt clutch bcoz rubber burns only when you burn rubber. There's no way an Accent or any indian car can burn that much rubber at 160kmph.

The only cars i know of, that can burn/lay rubber at a 100 mph (160kmph) are F1 cars n dragsters.

Shan2nu

Old 11th November 2004, 09:48   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (manson @ Oct. 28 2004,21:34)]. . . but guys the best part was the smell of burnt rubbber once i parked my car at home . i m
manson .

[/b]
Haha...thats how my car smells every saturday night or rather sunday early morning while coming back from a south bombay club the drive back home is what i miss the abt bombay!
Old 11th November 2004, 10:13   #9
Senior - BHPian

Cool experience there manson, but street racing is
Old 16th November 2004, 17:32   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (amit @ Nov. 08 2004,22:51)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]dunno whether u guys will believe it but i was doin 160 kmph in the fourth
An Accent doing 160?? That should have scared your pants off!! I somehow can't believe that someone driving an Accent held onto a speed of 160kmph!
dude i m kind of too used to to bad handling cars . . . so it wasnt as scary as it wud have probably been for someone who drives an ikon or a lancer . . . n btw i ve dun a constant 155 in my scorpion king too . . . . !!!!
cheers . . .
manson .
Old 16th November 2004, 17:35   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shan2nu @ Nov. 11 2004,01:22)]Nice one there Manson. But personally, i would think twice before racing on the streets at night. I've done it before, but have given up now. *

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Interesting was it the rubber or Clutch?
Allajunaki, that was the first thought that came to my mind after i read the review. As i remember, one off the auto mags mentioning that after a few tests they could smell a burnt clutch bcoz rubber burns only when you burn rubber. There's no way an Accent or any indian car can burn that much rubber at 160kmph.

The only cars i know of, that can burn/lay rubber at a 100 mph (160kmph) are F1 cars n dragsters.

Shan2nu
hey shantanu . .
maybe u are right . . must have been sumthing from the clutch then . . dunno much abt tech stuff . . . thnks a ton for increasin my knowlege . . .
and i don 't usually race much unless i m in a hurry . . its just when i see some wanna be driver gettin past me i tend to put him back in his place and usually show him my hand to go ahead after that ( just to show him i m way better than him ) hhehehheeeee , must be soundin starnge but thats watt i do . . .
cheers ,
manson .
Old 16th November 2004, 17:53   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (lamborghini @ Nov. 11 2004,00:40)]impressive performance there by your accent ...
remind me of the time my palio kicked an city 1.3s #### as i was getting late for a plane and told my driver to drive...
did 140 on the way there

BTW - i did a full 183 kmph in my palio on the expressway

man that was FUN- *big time
but the xcar needs better rubber
i had 185 s in my accent . . guess they were good enuf . . and yeah the palio 1.6 is definately a good car . . . guess the guy in the s10 feared speed so didnt cross the 160-165 mark . . . .
my bro s dun a 180 on the expressway in the accent !!!
manson .
Old 22nd December 2004, 13:10   #13
BHPian

Is it true that these cars can go upto 180 ??? i am not sure ! or may be the speedo is not correct enough to show the actual, cause there will be a error +/-. I have tried sometimes to go beyond 145 but. the car never responds or listen to me. please let me know how u people tame your car to do 180 or such and how many occupancy at the time when u did 180.
Old 22nd December 2004, 13:23   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez02
please let me know how u people tame your car to do 180 or such
Dont upshift to 5th.....stay in 4th.
Make sure ur car has been broken in well (ie done >3000km) and is running smoothly.
Be safe.

R
Old 22nd December 2004, 16:14   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Dont upshift to 5th.....stay in 4th.
Make sure ur car has been broken in well (ie done >3000km) and is running smoothly.
Be safe.

R

yeah thats one wat to do it and another way is to fit tires with lower OD.
that way u can get 180 on ur speedo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks