Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 20:51   #1
M.R
BANNED

Got fooled at Traffic Signal!! Thought i was buying a laptop but...

On 20th I was in market to buy a laptop so went to our nearest market lajpat nagar(central market) Delhi at sony world, seen few laptops after a while i selected some model & asked how much discount they can offer on it, went to call someone so i waited few minutes then i took the brouchure & left the showroom, he was still talking with someone, In my hand I got a sony brouchure & straight went towards my car & left, so while returning i was at Traffic Signal, suddenly two guys on a Two wheeler, knocked on front left mirror, I opened the window & asked - what ? He responded as he's got some custom items which he want to sell, i said sorry don't need & he started giving me his phone number, asking me to contact me later if i change my mind or anybody needs it, i just closed the window, again after few miles away, they were following my car so i stopped my car on side & they came & said atleast have a look & he immediately took off the laptop, Said it costs 80k you can have it for half price.

I have seen the laptop very carefully & checked throughly, It was indeed the same model that I enquired @ sony world, Now he's telling me it's got web cam, window 7 lol

I said I don't need, so he said you can have it for 30k, i again refused & he was packing the laptop & I said if you need 15k then tell me, he said no & okay fine, He gave me his number (Ofcousre false) Again He came & said you can have it for 15k, So i asked him to open again as i want to check again, I didthe hecking it was brand new laptop & i got temped, So again he packed the laptop again & Said sorry i won't sell so cheap I said okay, So I said i can offer you Rs:100 more & he agreed lol

He counted the money & left the laptop in my car & left, I didn't check again as i checked twice, after few minutes i thought to check the laptop & bag wasn't opening so after trying hard it opened & I found the the bag was filled with bricks (tile kinda) in 3 pieces, i was stunned, i coundn't believe that i got fooled
so that's what happened with me !

They just changed the bag with me !

Anybody from lajpat nagar can go to sony world to pretend they are here to buy a laptop & make the payment today (Just return saying I'm buying from other place as they giving me a better deal) to know if that person also follow you or not !

Beware guys, Just don't open your window @ Traffic Signal light !

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th May 2010 at 19:43. Reason: Sorry to hear about your experience, but only 2 smileys per post please.
M.R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2010, 21:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to read about your ordeal.

But you should have been vigilant and not get tempted.

Like they say, " If its too good to be true, it probably is "

A good warning to others in the same area.
Old 25th May 2010, 21:56   #3
BHPian

All i can say is LOL
Old 25th May 2010, 22:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! You bought a laptop from 2 guys following your car, trying to sell a 80k laptop on a two wheeler? And ended up with bricks instead!

Really feel sorry for you! Maybe it's a con job where the sales guy from the Sony world is also involved!
Old 25th May 2010, 22:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

@MR - Sorry to hear, but the greedy devil inside controlled you more I guess; anyway, take this as a good lesson for life & never get tempted again. Thanks for sharing.

PS - You've got 3 smileys against the forums rules of 2 per post
Old 25th May 2010, 22:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

No offence,but this was sheer negligence from your side.
how can you trust a guy selling laptops on a 2 wheeler?
Old 25th May 2010, 22:19   #7
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear that bro but you should have been a little more vigilant. Buying a piece of cloth from 2 guys on a scooter for 100 bucks is a different thing from spending 15K on a similar modus operandi .

Anyways, whats happened has happened. Take a lesson from this and carry on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post

Guess its just not his day.
Old 25th May 2010, 22:22   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Maybe it's a con job where the sales guy from the Sony world is also involved!
That's what it looks like or else how on the earth they come to know which model you inquired?

Why no police complaint made?
Old 25th May 2010, 22:27   #9
M.R
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Sorry to read about your ordeal.

But you should have been vigilant and not get tempted.

Like they say, " If its too good to be true, it probably is "

A good warning to others in the same area.
I got temped that time :(
Thanks for your concern !

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Whoa! You bought a laptop from 2 guys following your car, trying to sell a 80k laptop on a two wheeler? And ended up with bricks instead!

Really feel sorry for you! Maybe it's a con job where the sales guy from the Sony world is also involved!
Yes I did, Hmmm.. i was happy as i'm getting 80k thing for 15k I checked everything on it, that time i was lost !

Thanks for your concern, I have also a doubt on that sales representative as how come they brought the same model ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@MR - Sorry to hear, but the greedy devil inside controlled you more I guess; anyway, take this as a good lesson for life & never get tempted again. Thanks for sharing.

Yea, What if they weren't willing to take less than half price, so that way I must had lost more !
They can stab/kill me or took my car & other valuables !
Lesson learnt !
Thanks for your concern !

Last edited by M.R : 25th May 2010 at 22:43.
Old 25th May 2010, 22:29   #10
BHPian

This is really sad, Were you alone ? if Yes then it was really giddy of you stopping for 2 unknown guys while carrying so much of cash with you.
It seems that they changed the laptop to Bricks when they were chasing you for last time. It also shows that how confident those guys were, they kinda knew that you will not open the bag when you will buy it.
Old 25th May 2010, 22:38   #11
BHPian

A very bad incident and fault from your side as every one else pointed.
I guess your purpose is to share this experience, so no other person can get conned.
Hope you forget this incident soon.
Old 25th May 2010, 22:42   #12
BHPian

Rs 3,000 per brick?

15,000 for three bricks? 3,000 per brick?

MR, There are lots of incidents on daily basis on Delhi roads. We should keep ourselves ready for such incidents. These kind of people come for other stuff also like Cameras, mobile phones, ipods, Perfumes, Ray Ban etc.

You should contact the local police station there and I am sure that any employee (Peon level) is the informer to the bikers. And they will not come back on the same spot for atleast next 1 week. Anyways, please beware in future.

PS: The topic says "Fooled at Rednight".
Old 25th May 2010, 22:51   #13
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Damn. Temptation can lead to all kinds of trouble. Only things I buy from near traffic lights are balloons and fancy toys for my baby. Don't want to rub in. But then move on. Atleast they didn't accost you showing a laptop in a lonely corner and make off with your car instead.
Old 25th May 2010, 22:53   #14
M.R
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
No offence,but this was sheer negligence from your side.
how can you trust a guy selling laptops on a 2 wheeler?
I rejected the offer but when they showed me the laptop (The one I saw in there & Asked to offer discount) I got tempted to have a chat with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Sorry to hear that bro but you should have been a little more vigilant. Buying a piece of cloth from 2 guys on a scooter for 100 bucks is a different thing from spending 15K on a similar modus operandi .

Anyways, whats happened has happened. Take a lesson from this and carry on.

Guess its just not his day.
You're right buddy, Everybody says me I mustn't had listen to those guys even though they are giving it for free.
Yea what has gone has gone.
Thanks for the concern !

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
That's what it looks like or else how on the earth they come to know which model you inquired?

Why no police complaint made?
Yes, that's the only thing I wonder how come they brought the same model that i selected hmm..

Police are going to point at me only as why i dealt/talked with them, Don't have energy or time to mess around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
A very bad incident and fault from your side as every one else pointed.
I guess your purpose is to share this experience, so no other person can get conned.
Hope you forget this incident soon.
Yes it's indeed the blunder mistake of my life !
Yes i'm here to warm people, So people will not get into these type of scams !

Last edited by M.R : 25th May 2010 at 23:13.
Old 25th May 2010, 23:08   #15
M.R
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
This is really sad, Were you alone ? if Yes then it was really giddy of you stopping for 2 unknown guys while carrying so much of cash with you.
It seems that they changed the laptop to Bricks when they were chasing you for last time. It also shows that how confident those guys were, they kinda knew that you will not open the bag when you will buy it.
Certainly it's, Yes I was.
Yes or they must had two same bags hmm..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
15,000 for three bricks? 3,000 per brick?

MR, There are lots of incidents on daily basis on Delhi roads. We should keep ourselves ready for such incidents. These kind of people come for other stuff also like Cameras, mobile phones, ipods, Perfumes, Ray Ban etc.

You should contact the local police station there and I am sure that any employee (Peon level) is the informer to the bikers. And they will not come back on the same spot for atleast next 1 week. Anyways, please beware in future.

PS: The topic says "Fooled at Rednight".
5k per brick man..
I just need those 2 guys again in front of my eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Damn. Temptation can lead to all kinds of trouble. Only things I buy from near traffic lights are balloons and fancy toys for my baby. Don't want to rub in. But then move on. Atleast they didn't accost you showing a laptop in a lonely corner and make off with your car instead.
Well said, could't agree with you more !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks