Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:29   #16
BHPian

Most of my experiences with cops are not good. I hope I encounter some good cops to change my view
Old 2nd June 2010, 14:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

Now that is straight out of a movie. One of the main reasons I all together avoid night travel is due to fear of these things.
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
Two tyre bursts at the same time? thats a really nasty thing to happen at 3 am!
nasty it was. two tyre sidewall cuts would be nasty at any time of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Oh! This reminds me of the ordeal we faced during our Goa trip during the last monsoon. We were struck in the middle of the bypass road with a broken alloy wheel and flat tyre. All because of an unexpected deep pit, bang in the middle of the road.

Keep it coming AD.
let us know your story too. if you have posted some where can we have the link please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Its interesting.

By your post, it seems that there are some good cops in this country.

I have not faced any good cop yet!!!!!
I sure had a very pleasant experience.with the state of affairs in our system,probably we were plain lucky that night to get help from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Wonderful Naration!! We have to just call it a fate for such incidents. And, we would not know when & where & whom help will come by.
true

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
You have a good writing skill. Thanks for sharing.
thanks bro.i still have a very long way to go.glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
ad that was an experience! and sure a scary one! this is one reason why i dont dare to drive at night

But your presence of mind worked yu out of this situation, people also can try yellow pages!

btw well written!
i still prefer night drives for the advantages it has, there are disadvantages too this story being one of them.

yellow pages AFAIK are location specific and sourcing and carrying YPs of all the places you pass by would be a tough thing.but yes if you can get the YP at the location from a phone booth or otherwise will help.in my case it was in the middle of nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Hey nice experience. Helps to get your faith back into the system.
it surely turned out to be comfortable exit from the ordeal.i would again try this option if nothing else works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Most of my experiences with cops are not good. I hope I encounter some good cops to change my view
As i said in my posts that i was sceptical and that was the last option which came to my mind.luckily for us that noght.it worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Now that is straight out of a movie. One of the main reasons I all together avoid night travel is due to fear of these things.
things at night are surely different.since we clearly dont see whats around.during the day there would be more people/traffic etc on the roads.

I still prefer night drives.im extra careful though
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:16   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad75 View Post
let us know your story too. if you have posted some where can we have the link please?
AD, my experience: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...more-rain.html
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

i guess i was not clear, when i meant "YP" it meant calling i guess 23333333 this is the number. am sure they will be able to help with taxi numbers based in Hassana.

thanks to technology world has shrinked!
Old 29th July 2012, 21:42   #21
BHPian

This was no cops but MASS guys on the same stretch

This reminds me of our renowned trip (in my friend's circle) to Mangalore and along the same stretch and hence posting in this thread instead of opening a new one.. We were four of us in a Zen Estilo. We had a taste of the roads on the way to Mangalore and so, we knew the worst part and decided to cross the Ghat section max by 9 PM and hence started early. I was bit frustrated that we were not able to visit St' Mary's islands suggested by my crush. We came down to Malpe to Mangalore, finished lunch and heading out towards Hassan immediately after lunch. We would've been atleast 80-100 kms from Mangalore by then and my friend was in charge of the wheels and she was driving happily around 70 (roads till the ghat section is awesome and we didn't want to waste much time in that strech). We encountered a truck and she was trying to overtake it confirming there is no vehicles in the opposite on a right hand side V turn. All we heard is a bang and we can see fumes from the bonnet.

Imagining the worst, we stopped the car on the LHS on a straight stretch. Examining the car, we noticed that the oil sump had taken the hit for us (no options for a spare ). We decided to turn back and go as we remember seeing a village 10 kms before. The car haven't even gone 100m, before which it halted with the engine lights on as it's lubricant has drained completely...

No one had signals in the middle of the jungle except for my BSNL with just one tower. It was decided that me and my friend (the owner of the car) will stay back while trying to hitch a tow while the other two will hitch a ride in a truck to return back with some options. They hopped into a petrol tanker and headed the other way.

In our case also, we had a musical performance by rains. When the rains stopped a bit, my friend stepped out to get some assistance from the passer bys. Seeing a girl asking for a help, some morons stopped by just to examine the car and tell us nothing can be done (we knew it and all we needed was a tow. No body had equipments to tow but wasted time in examining the car.

As it was getting dark, we decided to get back into the car and leave the windows open a bit. Frantically looking for help, I tried MOS with couple of disconnection due to bad attempts all this while. They informed that the nearest service centre is at Kabakkaputtur which is 60 kms ahead. Calling the service guys, they informed us that the tow vehicle is in Mangalore and they're not going to come before 9 pm. Our attempts to reach our friends who headed earlier were not successful as their mobile networks weren't reachable.

Around 7 pm when it is pitch dark in that jungle, my friends returned with a jeep which towed us for 10 km to the nearest mechanic shed who again weren't able to help much. We finished the dinner leaving our car there in the shed while waiting for MASS guys to reach who came around 10 pm in Omini. We were curious of how it is going to tow 6 of us (4 our side - three of us were well built, two MASS guys and an Estilo) through the ghat section for about 50 Kms.

I was asked to take a running bus to return B'lore as I had an Visa interview to attend. I refused with an intention to stick with the group strictly responding "we came together and we are returning b'lore together".

MASS guys were kind enough to tow us all the way to Puttur stored our car in the service station and drove us to a decent hotel at 1 am for accommodation. They again came at 8.30 am in the morning to pick us up from Hotel to service station. To our shock, we were shown the broken sump that had taken such a bad hit.

Rains, Ordeal, Good Cops, and a Happy ending..-300169_10150364828228833_2614207_n.jpg

While waiting for the car to get ready, just me and my friend went on a railway trek and by the time we returned around 3 pm, car was ready to fly again! Finished our dinner and happily headed our way to B'lore while still being very cautious in the ghat section - should see the reaction on everyone's faces whenever that low clearence car kissed a potholes.

Last edited by Samurai : 30th July 2012 at 07:27. Reason: limit to two smileys

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks