Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2010, 13:35   #1
BHPian

Avoid getting mugged on Bangalore Roads - Form Sub groups

Hi All, most of you know about the recent incidents happening here in Bangalore roads, specially arround Sarjapur rd, Bellandur, ORR & HSR Layout. Here is one option for us, we all leave for office in a specific time, to ITPL/E-City/ORR/SilkBoard;if we form sub-groups to reach our destinations(2/3 cars minimum) we will for sure avoid such incidents. Those who are interested Please put the following informations(don't have to share phone numbers, if you find members, PM you cell no)

Handel Name -
Area of Origin -
Destination -
Route you take -
Time you start -
Time you leave -

I am sure we can defend these gundas as a larger group
Old 5th June 2010, 13:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Guys, wont it be a problem if a gunda was smart enough to stumble on this thread? Their group would then know when and where they can way-lay you! My thought is to take this offline, maybe exchange PMs, or collect email addresses through PM and do a mail-to-all.
Old 5th June 2010, 13:59   #3
BHPian

@ph03n!x: All the above details were available in one of the leading newspapers of Bangalore. (I mean the contact details of the police personnel). If we have these details handy, we definitely will be in a better position to handle the situation

Last edited by samish_g : 5th June 2010 at 14:02. Reason: some missing text
Old 5th June 2010, 14:18   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samish_g View Post
@ph03n!x: All the above details were available in one of the leading newspapers of Bangalore. (I mean the contact details of the police personnel). If we have these details handy, we definitely will be in a better position to handle the situation
true but if you are single, I doubt how much time you will get to call them, in that sense, a group will be handy.
Old 5th June 2010, 15:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samish_g View Post
samish, I guess you misunderstood @asdon's idea. Lets say both of you travel in separate cars through a same specified route at around the same times - you can contact eachother and keep close, so that any gunda gets

So the details asdon has put down are actually yours (the traveler / BHPian).
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
true but if you are single, I doubt how much time you will get to call them, in that sense, a group will be handy.
@asdon, dont take me wrong - the idea is an excellent one. You can maybe take it a step further and car pool too. But dont use a public forum to share details that *can* be misused by whoever out there

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks