Team-BHP - Finally authorities are thinking on Bangalore Humps
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Finally authorities are thinking on Bangalore Humps (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/85202-finally-authorities-thinking-bangalore-humps.html)

Scientific road humps coming

Bangalore: The government will initiate steps to identify and remove bad road humps and replace them with more scientifically designed ones.

“This will not be restricted to Bangalore alone, but across the state,’’ home minister V S Acharya said in the council on Thursday.

Replying to JD(S) member Abdul Azeem, he admitted that most of the road-breakers built across the state are unscientific and promised to correct them on a priority basis. “We have already directed the BBMP, BDA and district authorities, police, public works department officials to remove unscientific road brakers. We’ve told them to strictly follow engineering specifications while erecting road humps,’’ Acharya said.

BAD ROAD HUMPS WILL GO

Source: TIMES NEWS NETWORK

e-paper Sign-in

MODS:

Please move or merge in case it's not in right place or one already exisits.

I read about the same in today's paper.
The only reason the guy is taking this initiative is because he has a bad back. I'm surprised no one found a reason to object to this menace all these years, while they were being built to different whims and fancies.

If your remember there was an announcement some time back that all humps in city will be replaced with a small ramp with a flat top where the flat area will be marked as pedestal crossing. Change was done in few places but was never taken further

Good news for all ANHC owners especially!! Honda should have paid up some amount to our guys -their sales will go up to some extent for sure!:D

Either we need to elect Ministers with bad backs or good road sense. Hopefully these changes go through.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 1974135)
I read about the same in today's paper.
The only reason the guy is taking this initiative is because he has a bad back. I'm surprised no one found a reason to object to this menace all these years, while they were being built to different whims and fancies.

Well I'm not surprised, it takes something to happen to the policticos or their kin to make changes around here. But in this case I suspect that as he can easily go for a better suspension vehicle or a better driver than repair all the raods in Bangalore. But I'm not complaining and neither are all our cars. If we need to speed the process we need to ask him to drive to Sarjapur where there are like a million back breakers per kilometer.

Like common man's life doesn't matter, you never know if this untoward event was the reason:

Speed breaker kills Congress man in Bangalore

Finally authorities are thinking on Bangalore Humps-speedbreaker_kills.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 1974937)
you never know if this untoward event was the reason

I doubt it Parag. The state government will not yeild for its oppostion. It might throw a secret party though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1974943)
I doubt it Parag. The state government will not yeild for its oppostion. It might throw a secret party though.

Yes I know:). Just that incidentally I came across this article on yesterday night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkh (Post 1974820)
Good news for all ANHC owners especially!!

:D Yeah this was my first thought when I read this news today. Honda City/Civic owners can breath a sigh of relief if this is implemented.

Or more likely they want to favour a contractor who wasn't doing good business and said probably " Saar road hump yella replace maDudre henge".

So good news let them start digging again.. :deadhorse

Wonder what kind of design is being proposed.
If it is the yellow-black blocks that you see in the EGL campus (Domlur) then they are back breakers for sure.
Do you know there are 47 speed breakers on the Sarjapur Rd-harlur Rd-Hosur Rd intersection stretch.
If you have traveled towards the EjiPura signal on Inner Ring Road from Jakkasandra via the bylanes , you will notice that the spread breakers are more or less shaped like wedges.

When I read the thread's title I felt very happy, but after looking at the comment below
Quote:

The only reason the guy is taking this initiative is because he has a bad back
I don't know what to say. Do things change only according to ministers conveniences in this country? Until then, should we all suffer?

Anyway, better late than never. I hope they extend this to all other states too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ancientmariner (Post 1975256)
Wonder what kind of design is being proposed.
If it is the yellow-black blocks that you see in the EGL campus (Domlur) then they are back breakers for sure.

From what I understood, proposed humps are going to be the wide, flat ones.

Considering that most speedbreakers are constructed illegally by locals (where roads pass through villages), how does the govt propose to regulate them? Systematically targeting and demolishing them is one option but they almost invariably come back up overnight. Sorry to rain on the parade, but I think the days of scraped under bellys are far from over.