Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2010, 10:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

I am going to follow this up for sure .If this "second" driver was indeed a B7R trained one ,then no worries ...but if he wasnt one (which i am sure he wasnt ) ..then its a big issue for everyone of us .

About jerks when driving ...you could make out for sure that this wasnt a regular driver as overtakings were almost zero ...all other buses were overtaking us ..and like i mentioned earlier ..the gear changes were bad!!!

Whether this guy was a trained driver or not ..i will stay from KSRTC from now on ..u pay close to 550 rs for a 6 hour journey to travel in such badly maintained buses ...i remember taking a particular bus on 2 journeys and on both of them ,...i had seen the last row passengers come and abuse the driver and conductor for the non-working AC.
Old 28th July 2010, 11:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

I thought all Volvos had auto transmissions.

Isn't there a helpline (call centre) which can be called to lodge a complaint. BMTC has it and hope KSRTC has it too.
Old 28th July 2010, 11:27   #18
BHPian

Unfortunately the Airavats are no longer the buses they used to be. Very badly maintained. My parents went to Madurai and back on a Volvo and their experience was horrible. Bumpy ride, very slow, torn seats, non-working ACs. Seems other than a few routes, KSRTC is not bothered.
Old 18th September 2010, 05:21   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
KSRTC may have Volvo trained drivers. What about all these private Bus operators? Do you think all the drivers are properly trained?
The trainers from Volvo are trained on several aspects in Sweden. They in turn train every company who buys these buses. All they have to do is spend a couple days. The trainers from Volvo actually travel to what ever city the bus was delivered to. The system itself does not have a hole, but there could be bad apples.
Old 22nd September 2010, 22:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
I dont know about KA, but in TN it is standard practise nowadays (at least in overnight trips of the TN-SETC) to have both crew as qualified drivers : so the person whom you think of as conductor when you board the bus is also experienced/qualified to drive that bus. He does the job of issuing tickets at the beginning of the journey, and then switches over to driving the second-leg of the journey.
Actually this practice is followed by APSRTC for their Hitec and Garuda services. Both the crew are trained drivers.On long distance trips,the primary driver starts and the second guy just checks tickets but generally changes over sometime around mid night.

Atleast this is much better than sometimes what the private bus operators do. But the conditions of the buses, less said the better

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks