Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2005, 19:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

Fatal Bike Crash

I dint know where to put this. this is a sad , horrific account of how an young life was snuffed out .

A kid of about 22 years whom i knew when i lived in navi mumbai, lost his life in a motorcycle crash on Monday night .This happened near Archies Gallery circle in vashi.

According to witnesses , he was riding with 2 pillions ,wrong side of the road , at speeds of 60 kmph and "WITHOUT A HELMET". tried to take a turn at that speed - skidded and banged into the circle , flew of the bike and speared himself on the iron rods of the circle. the rods went thru his face breaking his nose bones .......

A few helpful guys took him to a hospital in vashi which refused to entertain accident case and asked them to go to Sion Hospital. On reaching sion hospital they were told "no place - hospital full" , proceed to KEM hospital......and on the way the kid breathed his last.

few things are clear -

1) there is no value of anyone's life in our country.

2) the kid had it coming - NO HELMET. precisely the reason I go on like a stuck record to anyone i see without helmets. Sad to say people think im being too nosey and bossy.

3) and whoever made the rules of informing the cops before treating an accident patient was a ****

I know the kid was wrong all the way - but life just aint fair , not a way to take away a young vibrant life.

I pray for his family and his soul. He was a good kid.

About the other 2 kids , one had rods pierce his chest , he is serious while the other escaped with minor injuries.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 16th November 2005 at 19:29.
Old 16th November 2005, 19:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

nc im really sorry to hear about that.i know exactly how you feel but life has its own ways of dealing with things.
my condolences to his family and close friends and may his soul rest in peace.

Rev
Old 16th November 2005, 19:49   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

thats really shocking to hear..my condolences to his family members..

ya NC you are right,that rule of putting up a police complaint before admitting someone is crap..its high time that we start valueing someones life and scrap all these rules..well all these formalities can happen once the patient is treated dont u think,but no thats the way our law works..
PS : wonder if this is the governments ploy to reduce indian population ..

Last edited by ported_head : 16th November 2005 at 19:57.
Old 16th November 2005, 20:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

What a waste of life..A lot of ppl, surely more than 75% ride without helmets at high speeds and makin risky overtakin moves..Hope all the bikers here wear proper safety gear befor hitting the highway.

And abt that police rule, u can't admit the person IF he collided with another vehicle. But i think u can if he fell on his own by losing control or sumtin..
Old 16th November 2005, 21:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thats really a sad news, i think he could have been saved if he was treated by the doctors the first hospital itself. My condolences to the famyly.
Old 16th November 2005, 21:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thats really sad to hear man...

my condolences to his family and friends...

but i dont get it...last time i rushed some accident victims from palm beach to the MGM hospital in vashi...nobody asked anything about a police complaint...they admitted them immediately...but even after all that...i think one of them was no more.
But this rule surely sucks...cant anything be done about it?

Life can be so unfair at times.

Drifter
Old 16th November 2005, 21:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

Thats a sad story, NC...very sad.

I guess kids will be kids, but I'm really angry with this stupid rule that denies medical attention to those in desperate need of it. How can someone refuse to treat a victim in such a bad state?

Finally the boy who died is also responsible for what happened to those riding with him. I have at least two personal experiences where the pillon rider died on account of the rider's carelesness.

The fact is that despite all these incidents we will still have drivers and riders who gleefully flout the law without realising the consequences of their actions. I couldnt believe the chap was riding with double pillon, AGAINST the flow of traffic and without a helmet. God forgive his soul.
Old 16th November 2005, 21:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Tragic.

Certain laws needed to be strengthened in our country, whilst others need to be CHANGED.

My condolences go out to all involved.
Old 16th November 2005, 22:31   #9
Senior - BHPian

This is really tragic. I still dont understand why people dont realise the importance of a helmet. Apart from that two pillions and high speed.

I really dont get this police rule. I mean how can a stupid complaint be more important then someones life. Is there nothing we can do about this rule? May God give his family the strength to cope with this loss. May his soul rest in peace.

On the same note , just got the news that a dude from my building totalled his Octavia L&K at Andheri. The car flipped three times. The guy is ok but his cousin travelling with him was seriously injured since he was thrown out the rear windshield ..why? because he was not wearing a seatbelt. I always knew this was coming since the Octy guy is rash driver

Bad day this...
Old 16th November 2005, 22:47   #10
Team-BHP Support

N_C, we talked about it this afternoon. It's sad. Whoever may be at fault. But at the end of the day..it had to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I guess kids will be kids, but I'm really angry with this stupid rule that denies medical attention to those in desperate need of it. How can someone refuse to treat a victim in such a bad state?
That's the law in this country. Some hospitals cannot take case like this under law

Where are we living guys?
Old 16th November 2005, 23:12   #11
Senior - BHPian

Sadly, people still do not understand the importance of wearing helmets. I have been listening to reasons like, " my hair gets disturbed if I wear a helmet".
Old 17th November 2005, 00:16   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Thats a sad story, NC...very sad.

Finally the boy who died is also responsible for what happened to those riding with him. I have at least two personal experiences where the pillon rider died on account of the rider's carelesness.
My brother was a victim of the rider's carelesness last to last month. He was bed ridden for 1.5 months and still has difficulty walking though there was no serious injury.

Having driven a bike for over 4 years, I strongly feel that 2 wheelers are extremely unsafe to drive ... Helmets or no Helmets.

Also, 2 wheel drivers are not always on the recieving end,infact I feel that a larg number of them drive more rashly than the car drivers ( I am not considering the commercial vehicles here, who obviously take the cake along with the first prize).
Old 17th November 2005, 09:56   #13
Senior - BHPian

Shucks. Scary and totally unnecessary. Even with ONE pillion I drop speed by 20kmph easily and become extra cautious. And no-go without helmets. Too much adrenaline/ego/bluster on the road will lead to these too often - and this section itself has many instances of those. (Cars save you only a wee bit more - they're not kill-proof).
For the rules - wasn't there a directive from the SC a while ago asking hospitals to ensure accident cases are handled first and registered later ? If the hospitals did refuse one must make a case or at least bring enough notie in the media about them. This totally sucks.
Old 17th November 2005, 10:25   #14
Senior - BHPian

Wasn't the rule called-off?! Or is it only called-off in Government/Muncipal Hospitals?!

And if they really want to register a police-complaint, why don't they make a small section for police complaints in the hospital itself?!
Old 17th November 2005, 10:37   #15
Team-BHP Support

This is terrible news.

Life is so cheap in India, and the law is just a sham. I am really getting friggin disgusted with the whole *&%$@ system.

But, as far as the hospital not poviding medical care to someone, that is against the law. A hospital cannot refuse to admit someone if he is in a critical state after an accident. Sure, some hospitals may try and act tough, but they have a duty to admit an accident victim.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks