Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 22:45   #1
BHPian

2 Wheeler or 4 Wheeler? That is the question...

Here's the typical situation.

Every now and then, there arises a need to make a quick dash to the local store/More/RFresh to get some item in immediate need. Or get some medicine. Or get something photocopied. Most of these shops fall in the 0.5 to 2 km range.

The dilemma I am always in is - What should I take? the bike/scooty or the car. Or should I walk?
1. 2 wheeler : Quick, convenient, parking is easy. But no space to keep stuff. Also you would have to stick to the left side of the road and deal with wrong side drivers, parked vehicles, pedestrians, people pulling out without any signals.
2. Car: Safe, space. Parking is a problem, making a 'U' to return back on a busy road is a nightmare. Worry about dings and dents. And frankly sometimes you feel taking the car out for a 2 km run is an overkill.
3. Walking : I think it's best to do it on a treadmill or a park. Footpaths are for hawkers 'thelas' and cycling paths are for parking.

Mostly it's the scooty since it's non-geared and has decent space. But I am wondering if other BHPians face this dilemma?
Old 17th August 2010, 22:56   #2
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I have a bicycle for short distances. Use the car only for longer distances or more people travelling kind of cases.
Old 17th August 2010, 23:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

Upto 0.5kms, it would be walking. Else I would take the bike/scooty. I hate taking the car to places nearby or places where parking etc is a problem - love the Scooty's convenience in such cases.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks