Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2010, 10:59   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

My condolences. In Saudi Arabia, if you're involved in an accident and the cop on the scene (there's always one) decides it's your fault, you are sent to the chokey for 24 hours. I think their system of justice is sucky for the most part but guys ike the one who smashed your baby deserve it, what say?
Old 2nd September 2010, 12:20   #32
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Recently the cops caught youngsters drag racing in a major road in chennai. Seems that drag racing is catching on fast in the metros. Especially, in Chennai, drag racing is more dangerous as crazy youth got inspired by some rubbish movie glorifying this dangerous stuff on traffic roads, where the loser has to relinquish his bike to the winner or something like that.
Are those things catching up in Bangalore too? two accidents in short span makes me think that there are youngsters who are in to racing in your street.
Old 2nd September 2010, 12:24   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Recently the cops caught youngsters drag racing in a major road in chennai. Seems that drag racing is catching on fast in the metros. Especially, in Chennai, drag racing is more dangerous as crazy youth got inspired by some rubbish movie glorifying this dangerous stuff on traffic roads, where the loser has to relinquish his bike to the winner or something like that.
Are those things catching up in Bangalore too? two accidents in short span makes me think that there are youngsters who are in to racing in your street.
you must be kidding me. Who will even dare to do drags on roads which won't allow a car to go above 3rd gear?

You are expecting too much from Bengaluru roads. I think we can hear of drag racing incidents after probably 30 years, that too on short and badly constructed fly overs.
Old 2nd September 2010, 12:52   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
you must be kidding me. Who will even dare to do drags on roads which won't allow a car to go above 3rd gear?

You are expecting too much from Bengaluru roads. I think we can hear of drag racing incidents after probably 30 years, that too on short and badly constructed fly overs.
New to Bangalore? Drag racing was going on in Bangalore for quite some time and only now it has come down in the main city after some police action. Still happens if you know where to look.
Old 2nd September 2010, 13:04   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
New to Bangalore? Drag racing was going on in Bangalore for quite some time and only now it has come down in the main city after some police action. Still happens if you know where to look.
Nope, 8 years now.

What you are talking about, happens in night. Not in day and atleast not in residential areas like the one the thread is created for.

The places where this happens does not have cars parked on the road.
Old 2nd September 2010, 13:10   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Nope, 8 years now.

What you are talking about, happens in night. Not in day and atleast not in residential areas like the one the thread is created for.

Well, as I mentioned in an above post there are a few nut cases who show off their FFE and speed on these very narrow streets. A couple are parked nearby as well. These accidents could be very much due to this. There are a few moron bikers also who do the rounds here.
Old 2nd September 2010, 13:54   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Well, as I mentioned in an above post there are a few nut cases who show off their FFE and speed on these very narrow streets. A couple are parked nearby as well. These accidents could be very much due to this. There are a few moron bikers also who do the rounds here.
The swift accident looks like a bike bumped it and the Santro is bad. Sure some big vehicle and the house in front should be aware because such a big accident can not happen so quiet that noone could notice it.
Old 3rd September 2010, 22:13   #38
Team-BHP Support

What Krraj had posted is absolutely right. there are plenty of goons who drive with their music blaring and ear-shatteringly loud FFEs dancing to the tune of their heavy right-feet!

Quote:
Holy smoke. seems like either the turn is dangerous or some morons race in this stretch regularly.
That's the thing! This isn't a turn. Look at the diagram that I'd drawn and posted in the first page. After you take that left turn into the 'park-road' (17th B-Cross, 2nd Stage, Indiranagar), you need to cover about 150 feet, easily, before you reach the spot where my Santro and my neighbour's Swift were parked earlier!

Quote:
Looks like someone is teaching a lesson to all the guys parking on roads.
Looks like that, dunnit?! It's rather sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I think their system of justice is sucky for the most part but guys like the one who smashed your baby deserve it, what say?
the Indian judicial system would disagree but I'd like to believe that this twit deserves it, as much as Osama deserves a noose 'round his neck!

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Nope, 8 years now.

I don't know about drag races, but there is a car-performance-accessory store 'round the corner and after slapping on their FFEs and K&Ns, they hurtle down these narrow, residential lanes testing the 'increase' in performance and my patience simultaneously!
Old 3rd September 2010, 22:18   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
What Krraj had posted is absolutely right. there are plenty of goons who drive with their music blaring and ear-shatteringly loud FFEs dancing to the tune of their heavy right-feet!
.................................................. .I don't know about drag races, but there is a car-performance-accessory store 'round the corner and after slapping on their FFEs and K&Ns, they hurtle down these narrow, residential lanes testing the 'increase' in performance and my patience simultaneously!
suhaas, i take it you dont like FFEs....
Old 3rd September 2010, 22:52   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

According to the newspaper, a few days ago, the beach road is used as a race track, particularly in the hours of the night. Bikes and cars are both involved, and, apparently, some rather fancy cars, which means that wealthy families are condoning what is happening. I think pedestrians have dies already.

Have made a mental not that, should I be returning to the South from way-up-north, I'll avoid the beach road.
Old 3rd September 2010, 23:01   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
suhaas, i take it you dont like FFEs....
Oh don't get me wrong, Mayankk! I love FFEs. The only reason why I don't have it on my car is because I prefer to make quick and more importantly, quiet arrivals and departures from home! You know, I don't want to make it obvious that I've come late on a Friday night!

What I don't like however, is excessive use of the throttle in and around residential areas, where the chances of crashing into a parked car are quite high! And it's these FFEs that give irresponsible people that 'chili-in-the-bum' effect!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd September 2010 at 23:04.
Old 3rd September 2010, 23:29   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Oh don't get me wrong, Mayankk! I love FFEs. The only reason why I don't have it on my car is because I prefer to make quick and more importantly, quiet arrivals and departures from home! You know, I don't want to make it obvious that I've come late on a Friday night!

What I don't like however, is excessive use of the throttle in and around residential areas, where the chances of crashing into a parked car are quite high! And it's these FFEs that give irresponsible people that 'chili-in-the-bum' effect!
yup, i know the type.........
these are typically the guys who think FFE is the end-can....
everytime i saw one of these guys getting "free-flow" when i was getting my FFE fine-tuned, me and the mechanic used to share a joke that, why dont you just put a bit of chrome on the tip of his factory exhaust, and poke a hole somewhere in his plumbing.
that oughta be enough for their MHPs!!

and yes, it is hard to come back late on a friday/saturday night without the folks knowing.......
Old 9th September 2010, 01:33   #43
BHPian

Suhaas! I can imagine how you feel though luckily my incident was not that bad. A few weeks back the mrs and I went for late night ice cream at the moolchand pump. (It has a baskin robbins). While we were at it, decided to pick up some groceries and supplies for the house and heard an uproar. Shrugged our shoulders and continued shopping. Anyway 20 mins later we come out to find our bumper dangling. Some idiot had hit our car!! Ofcourse asking around didn't help and at the end of a long day was in no mood to create a scene.

Had an extra ice cream and took one more for the road!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks