Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2010, 11:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
S2: The stones of the compound wall tell us that your building is quite OLD & thus any external modifications would be nearly impossible. I can see only one solution & that is fitting Park lifts. This is quite common in South Mumbai, where there are many old 'heritage' type buildings. I suggest that you call Mr. V & some more neighbours for a cup of coffee & discuss this solution. Since you do not have a society, you wont require such permissions too. On other hand I would suggest you speak to all residents & get the complete parking solutions worked out & if agreed, then installed. A little efforts on your part will buy you peace & harmony of lifetime.
EDIT-ADDED REP. PIC
Attachment 432798

Raab Rakha.
Sirji, wouldn't this lead to the same problem. AFAIK the car below has to move so that the top car can come down right? It would mean spending on this system and ending up in the same situation all over again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
What a dilemma and what chaos !! Sad to see things like these happen in metros these days.

I used to stay in Vasant Kunj a couple of years back. Everyone had 3 cars or so. You could imagine the chaos.

In fact when I spoke to a family member staying in GK in delhi, he said 75% of neighbourhood complaints to the police stations are Parking Fights !!

The only solution to your problem is -

A - Do both of you own your houses ? If the other person does not, complaining to his landlord can be helpful !

B - Sit down mutually. If that person is a stubborn guy which he seems like. No point. Make things tough for him. Refuse to give him the keys.

C - If there are other neighbours. Try talking to them and then as a small group confront him.

D - If you do not own the house ! Change houses

E - Police - they are least helpful in these matters as the last thing they want to do is solve petty problems !

F - Last but not the least - Go to him with a box of sweets. Just like Gandhi would have done and make peace.

Even if all the points do not work then there are other methods also BUT that would mean fighting, puncturing each other tyres etc. which really does not work in the long run.
There is no landlord anymore due to his demise and his successors are busy fighting. Hence there is no one to complain to. Changing the house, umm... I wish. We have tried part B from your list and it does not work.

Update: I went to him and tried convincing him to adjust the cars when he comes back. Il give you a brief on our convo:
ME: see there is no point fighting and we can easily sort it out by co-operating. We donot have a problem giving you the key, its just that the night timings are not accceptable by us. Whatever time you get back home from work you call for our key and adjust the car irrespective of whether you want to go or not.
Him: I donot go every night and my plan is never fixed. Also it does not make sense for me to do the adjusting which is really cumbersome.
ME: See if you do this then whatever time you want be it 11 or even 3 am you can go out without any problems.
Him: It does not make sense to me. And since 6 months we never had a problem, then why now? (yaa right!)
Me: See if you donot co-operate things will get worse. Again the same thing will happn, so please take the keys by 10 latest and not later than that.

After a lot of talks he agreed to change the car earlier when his plans are pre-made and the remaining days he agreed to come before 10.
There is no change in the happennings but hopefully it will be less stressful, as I also told them to leave their keys and go out incase their car is in the middle. Lets see what happens. Fingers crossed!!

Last edited by S2!!! : 1st October 2010 at 11:18.
Old 1st October 2010, 11:21   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
the other two cars belong to a same family. So they have no problems what so ever.
Does the family you mentioned often take both their cars out? If not then you can request the family to park it at the last inside. This would leave you and your friend Mr V in the front and both can move out without asking any body's help. I assume atleast one of car (yours & V's) would be out of parking during the day which allows the family owning the two cars free movement to come out of the compound.

If the relationship with Mr V is further getting strained (as seen already with trips to police station) you might negotiate with the family for parkings. Or else the other alternative is give/take cash incentives. Every time you ring somebodies Bell or some one rings yours, trade cash.

Last edited by Stratos : 3rd November 2010 at 23:22.
Old 1st October 2010, 12:07   #33
BHPian

What about 2-wheeler parking. Is there some kind of space for them in which a car could fit? If access and space works out, exchanging would be an option.
Old 1st October 2010, 22:48   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
What about 2-wheeler parking. Is there some kind of space for them in which a car could fit? If access and space works out, exchanging would be an option.
In fact there is no 2-wheeler parking as such. The bikes/ scooters are parked parallel to the compound wall 1 behind the other. And there are not more than 5 two-wheelers out of which 2 belong to Mr.V only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Does the family you mentioned often take both their cars out? If not then you can request the family to park it at the last inside. This would leave you and your friend Mr V in the front and both can move out without asking any body's help. I assume atleast one of car (yours & V's) would be out of parking during the day which allows the family owning the two cars free movement to come out of the compound.

If the relationship with Mr V is further getting strained (as seen already with trips to police station) you might negotiate with the family for parkings. Or else the other alternative is give/take cash incentives. Every time you ring somebodies Bell or some one rings yours, trade cash.
Not possible again as the two cars belong to a joint family with more than 1 and a half dozen members in their house. Their car too keeps going out alll the time.

Seems like Mr.V is not going to co-operate by adjusting his car when he comes back from office. However, sternly but politely I delivered to him my conditions regarding the parking arrangements those being:
  1. Come before 10pm and remove your car.
  2. Whenever you or your servant go out leave the damn key with the watchman.
  3. If any of the above conditions are not fulfilled we will not co-operate either.
And as far as building a gate like gansan is concerned it is not possible cause if it is done due to various reasons only 3 cars will fit vertically which is again a problem and would not be agreed by the joint family with 2 cars.
Finally I thank you all for brain-storming and empathizing with me. I wish that no one else has to go through such a problem.
I will definately keep you updated as and when we fight again (and as far as I know Mr.V, it will be really soon!!)
Old 2nd October 2010, 06:42   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
And as far as building a gate like gansan is concerned it is not possible cause if it is done due to various reasons only 3 cars will fit vertically which is again a problem and would not be agreed by the joint family with 2 cars.
No need to park vertically, you can continue to park as usual. But removal of cars will become easier.
Old 3rd November 2010, 11:46   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys im back. The problem seems to be repeatitive so this time I came up with a solution instead. Im attaching a self explanatory diagram below and hope this works well for me as well as others in my building. The only question I have is that is it possible to break the stone (it is quite a thick slab) and if I do what type of permissions do I have to take considering there is no society or a common landlord?
1st is the current layout followed by the solution (?)
Attached Thumbnails
Issues with neighbour for parking-current-layout.jpg  

Issues with neighbour for parking-solution-1.jpg  

Last edited by S2!!! : 3rd November 2010 at 11:47.
Old 3rd November 2010, 16:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

Stone removal seems a good solution till another resident buys an additional car & finds 'RITZ' intial parking space a little too hard to resist. If RITZ is your car than you will always have free access to atleast one of your cars. So go for it.
Old 3rd November 2010, 16:27   #38
Senior - BHPian

Stone removal seems to be a good option. I think you can just drill that off, if it is not interfering with the foundation of the building.

Last edited by anilisanil : 3rd November 2010 at 16:42.
Old 3rd November 2010, 16:42   #39
BHPian

You car might be more prone to getting bruised as it is in the way of other cars entering and exiting the building. But it should give you peace of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
So go for it.

Last edited by kaushikr : 3rd November 2010 at 16:50. Reason: Spelling Correction
Old 3rd November 2010, 16:47   #40
Senior - BHPian

If the place between trees are so cramped you may have to opt for this solution

Ultimate Parking Solution

Last edited by anujmishra : 3rd November 2010 at 16:49.
Old 3rd November 2010, 17:49   #41
Senior - BHPian

Another option is to make an exit gate between the two trees and close (limit the use) of exisitng gate. I am not sure how but you will need a second gate or a bigger gate, which will make exit (at least) easier.

As Gansan said above extending the width of the current gate and adding another gate between the two trees should help you.
Old 15th January 2012, 23:59   #42
Senior - BHPian

Re: Issues with neighbour for parking

Just a very small update.

Its been quite a while since everything has been sorted. Its just a matter of a small 'sit down and chat' which sorted things out. He agreed to some terms and we to some and the matter seems non-existent now.

Conclusion: No point fighting and losing your cool over things. Just a friendly conversation and a lil mutual understanding can make life a hell lot of easier and bring peace.

Thanks to everyone for providing their inputs.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2020, 12:47   #43
BHPian

Re: Issues with neighbour for parking

A parking issue turned into a verbal and physical fight in Hyderabad. According to the article looks like both the girl and corporator park their cars (Duster and Fortuner) on the road itself, blocking path to other vehicles in the narrow road of their society.

Issues with neighbour for parking-hyd_20200916_maip3_4.jpg

Edit: Looks like the corporator had been booked for assault on the woman. Look how narrow the road is. To park such huge vehicles on public roads will certainly obstruct others to move in or move out especially during any medical emergencies.

Video:

Few more details about the incident:

Attachment 2055907

Issues with neighbour for parking-ehvgrsmucae3qqr-1.jpg

Issues with neighbour for parking-ehvgrsmvoaebnnj-1.jpg

Issues with neighbour for parking-ehvgrtku8aemot_-1.jpg

Videos :

https://twitter.com/ikurikala/status...54773368193024

https://twitter.com/ikurikala/status...54521244389376

https://twitter.com/ikurikala/status...54718510841856

Last edited by WhiteSierra : 16th September 2020 at 13:11. Reason: added video

Most Viewed