Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2005, 19:45   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A Story of two guys and two high revving machines

So me and Rtech exchanged our machines for 12 hours. He took my Vtec and I rode his Kwacker. Smart deal I'd say - The Vtec redlines at 7100 rpm, and the Kawasaki starts life at 10,000 rpm

Oh Boy! What an exhilirating experience. I have never ever felt such a close and passionate combination of man and machine ever before. The 400 fits below you as if it were an extended body part - Its literally a hand in glove. I didnt tell Rtech this but I was riding a bike after like 5 - 7 years and was myself apprehensive about being able to handle it. No worries mate, I took to it like a fish does to water. The perfect gearshifts, braking points and acceleration. I was surprised myself and just patted myself on the back for having a "thing" for high revving machines.

In about 3 hours of riding, I covered close to 80 kms and all within the city. And all high-revving (I dont think I ever saw 4th gear). The way that a sports motorcycle handles is the stuff that dreams are made for. The wind in your face @ 15000 rpm while experiencing a depth of fine engineering that can only make you awe. Honestly, I wouldnt ever compare this experience to driving a fast car, but they are both mean in their own right.

HIGHLY recommended to each and every car guy on this board.

Thanks Rtech! You have made my bike budgeting that much more difficult. Over to Robin for his Vtec'ing experience.

GTO
Old 12th December 2005, 20:18   #2
BANNED

Hey GTO,
You are one lucky man. Really envy you must have had a blast.

Viper
Old 12th December 2005, 20:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

GTO you're one lucky dawg !!!! Good negotiation skills too - I see you got the better deal...
Old 12th December 2005, 21:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

I would prefer riding a bike than driving a car.

And anyone ther who wanna exchange my avenger for another 180cc+ bike? comeon just for a week would do.

Lucky GTO. Whers Rtech? He gave your car back?
Old 12th December 2005, 21:40   #5
Team-BHP Support

Two very cool machines! Lucky boy, GTO! But, you could be luckier because that ZZR is sounding better than ever since Saturday.
Old 12th December 2005, 22:12   #6
Team-BHP Support

Ok, to begin with, contrary to popular belief, this was my idea and not GTO's! I needed a car to pick up my bro from the airport and GTO was nice enough to offer his Vtec straight off. It was only right to trust him with my ride as well. Somehow GTO didn't fight me on that idea....hmmm.

So my side of the story begins. It takes me a few minutes to aclimatise to the featherlight controls of the Honda. The steering felt light, brakes over-servoed and the clutch was effortless. Within 5 minutes though, I realised the USP of the Vtec. Yea, 7,100 doesnt seem that high after living with 14,000, BUT, its friggin quick! I was so used to driving a slow revving diesel all these months I forgot the simple joy of driving a free reving petrol car.

However the best reaction was from my Dad on the way to the airport. I was explaining to him how, when the Vtec was launched, cost almost the same as the Octi. He couldn't understand why. Suffice to say that 7,000 rpm in first and then again in second made him retract that statement!

GTO, let me know the next time you wanna switch.
Old 12th December 2005, 22:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

Looks like it was a double date. Gr8 write-up,guys.
Old 12th December 2005, 23:48   #8
bhp
BHPian

swap ha !!! kool surely you guys must have had a great time with the mean machines
Old 13th December 2005, 00:31   #9
Senior - BHPian

naaiisss(elongated N-I-C-E) ....

so, 2 wheels that muster 15 G's worth revs and 2 pairs that cram 7G's..hmmm...why is it that when the number of wheels are halved, the revs are doubled..(in that exact ratio)???

now THIS is what you call a WIN-WIN situation...a big round of applause for both of youse'...

p.s- next time any of the both of ya wanna switch, i'd be happy to trade in my zma for the vtec or the gypsy for the kwacker....for as LONG as you wish....
Old 13th December 2005, 01:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

Nice stuff GTO . Must have been an amazing experience for you. And the kwacker sounds even better after the new exhausts. What did u use to lure Rtech to let you ride his bike? The famous magic words
Old 13th December 2005, 01:40   #11
Team-BHP Support

robin 1.5 is almost as good the vtec . . . . hint hint . ..

manson.
Old 13th December 2005, 10:28   #12
Senior - BHPian

Great goin guys.

Quote:
However the best reaction was from my Dad on the way to the airport. I was explaining to him how, when the Vtec was launched, cost almost the same as the Octi. He couldn't understand why. Suffice to say that 7,000 rpm in first and then again in second made him retract that statement!
Tell me about it. LOL

Shan2nu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks