Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2011, 15:21   #16
BHPian

Re: Courteous drivers on the road.

Some days ago, I was trailing a NWKRTC bus on NH4 just after Hinjewadi. I was on my bike and made myself visible on his right RVM couple of time. No flashing/honking from my side (I have Minda trumpets mostly for stray dogs, blind turns and the frequent morons texting/riding).

About half a km later, once the left lane opened up, the bus moved over and the driver hand signalled me to overtake. Did not expect that to happen!!
Old 7th March 2011, 11:58   #17
BHPian

Happened yesterday. There is Metro work going on the entire Vijayanagar to Mysore road stretch. Just before I could take a turn from a signal, a truck with a long empty trailer moved into the road. Now, I would have to follow the truck for a good 2kms with a dusty trail. But, I was surprised when the trucker moved into one of the open barricaded stretch and signaled me to take over, while I was waiting. Waved a thanks and moved ahead This was at 5AM in the morning!
Old 14th March 2011, 17:11   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdna View Post
Happened yesterday. There is Metro work going on the entire Vijayanagar to Mysore road stretch. Just before I could take a turn from a signal, a truck with a long empty trailer moved into the road. Now, I would have to follow the truck for a good 2kms with a dusty trail. But, I was surprised when the trucker moved into one of the open barricaded stretch and signaled me to take over, while I was waiting. Waved a thanks and moved ahead This was at 5AM in the morning!
Highway truckers have been observed to be courteous in general I think. It's the tippers and stuff you need to watch over.

Anyway, kudos to that truck driver.
Old 14th March 2011, 18:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

I encountered a courteous company bus driver in today mornings peak traffic. Can you beat it. I was shocked to say the least

The road to office from Wakad to Hinjewadi is a two lane road to start with which then becomes 3 laner after some distance. I was going on the left lane of the 2 laner and found that the guy in the front of me was a Learner with L board on it. Needless to say he was going very slowly. I could see that just behind me on the right lane there was this Company Bus following me. I gave a right indicator but did not really expect the bus driver to be patient and allow me to pass. I was waiting for him to ignore the indicator and zoom past me. But surprise surprise nothing like that happened. In fact when he saw that i was waiting for him to pass he sounded the horn and indicated that i can go ahead. I think he also noticed the Learning driver at the front holding up the traffic. This was a pleasant surprise. Not all company bus drivers are bad.

Most Viewed