Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2006, 16:58   #1
Team-BHP Support

Got thumped

Couple of days ago I discovered biking nirvana, a 2002 model thumper from my bro. Got her serviced, started riding her. Gained confidence to touch 40kmph. Brought back memories of my fiero days with wind in my hair and breakneck speeds on then empty Inner Ring road of bangalore(It used to be empty in 2001).

The Indica keys got hung on the key holder, and there she sat cursing me I guess.

She must be grinning because when docs allow me to drive again after 4 weeks, I wont be allowed to touch anything on 2 wheels. I am scared too. Wind in my face is okay, but I will trade that anytime for the safety of 4 wheeled prison!

Well guys you se, I was thumping along at breakneck speed of 35kmph. Yes for me thats fast, newbie you see. Suddenly a guy resembling Ravana with one head jumps in front of me grinning and howling. Trying to save him I fall, on my shoulder. No my ego as well as shoulder is fractured. As for ravana all he has is a bruised foot. ITs is hobby. They guys is mentally unstable and likes to jump in front of unsuspecting bikers.

So fellas no more driving for 4 weeks. And I will get back to indy. I doubt my wife is letting me even look at the thumper

So I have added another element to my list of dangers in noida
First was mad women crossing roads at breakneck speeds in their santros, the second one is mad men jumping in front of bikes.

Whats the world coming too!
Old 19th January 2006, 17:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Oh you havent met the cyclist who owns the road yet???

Too bad your tryst with thumper is ending with a twist. But glad to know that you were not at a high speed. It took me two accidents with these drunken jacks out of the boxes before i hung up my bike's keys (one accident happened at the very same intermediate ring road that you mentioned... that too in the year 2K, so consider urself lucky!)
Old 19th January 2006, 17:11   #3
Team-BHP Support

This dude does this on a regular basis. A permanent feature you see. I think I have had enough of twists. My next vehicle. MBT Arjun
Old 19th January 2006, 17:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

If he were doing this in Bangalore on intermediate ring road in year2K, then he wont have been doing it now.

Anyways, so did u thump him back or not?
Old 19th January 2006, 18:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey Tsk,

I remember something to the tune of,

"I try, save you, I die!
I dont' try, don't save you, you die!
Better YOU die."
Old 19th January 2006, 18:58   #6
BHPian

Hey Tsk

Recover soon man...& be sure to go in for proper Physiotherapy...

I had a accident in my Scooter in 2000...& had my shoulder dislocated...

I went through proper Physiotherapy.. & managed not to dislocate my shoulder for 5 yrs..until last year....Too much of swimming & playing squash took a toll & I had a dislocation again...

Now life sucks - as I can just play football...& there are not too many places where a 29 yr old can play football in this country !!
Old 19th January 2006, 19:14   #7
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Hi Tanveer Singh Khaira:
I hope you’re feeling better now.
And do take care while riding.
Wish you had been in the Indica instead.
Our 26-year old Verilog/VHDL people are very precious to India.
Take care
Ram
Old 20th January 2006, 10:56   #8
BHPian

Hi Tanveer,

Sorry to hear about this unfortunate accident. It may sound stupid, but you should really sound yourself lucky that you escaped with minor injuries. Bullet is a heaby bike and falls may be pretty nasty.
My bullet collided with a bullock-cart (it's a long story) while going at 15-20 KMPH (it was a dark rainy night); fell down, it's leg-guard crashed on my right shin and broke it, 2 inches of bones were crushed. I was on bed for 3 months and walked on cructches for 6-7 months, and still walk with a limp. And I tell you what, now I am really scared of riding 2-wheelers, when I ride my bro's pulasar for fun I never dare to go beyong 60-70.

\N
Old 20th January 2006, 11:28   #9
Senior - BHPian

tbhpians in noida shud ELIMINATE this nuisance ASAP. since he is a regular.

and i mean do it legally.
Old 20th January 2006, 11:49   #10
BHPian

Tough Luck TSK, get well soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k
and i mean do it legally.
And vivek - !

Superavi
Old 20th January 2006, 13:06   #11
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the wishes guys. Its 4 weeks of rest for now . As for the mad dude, I actually pity him. He's not even in his senses. He has the mind of a 5 year old. People were scolding his parents for letting him loose on roads again and again!
And on dislocation front, its a fracture, no dislocation and that too a small one
Old 20th January 2006, 13:14   #12
Senior - BHPian

Survey says Riding a two wheeler is 22 times dangerous than driving a car in India.

Need another reason to stay on 4 wheels in our 'motoring hell'??
Old 20th January 2006, 13:31   #13
Team-BHP Support

Buddy sorry to know of this. Do get well really soon... as someone said, people like you are the drivers of this country's economy... and we don't wanna jeopardise that, you know.

As for biking... well, what can I say. I do ride it at times for small hops (compared to earlier when I drove even 250kms a day on long drives). Today I came to office on my bike and while wading thru the traffic I was realizing again and again how vulnerable it feels. A small touch with any vehicle at even a small speed and you may go skidding all the way in the path of incoming traffic.

And get back to the safety of that cage. It will protect you like a cocoon
Old 20th January 2006, 13:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Thanks for the wishes guys. Its 4 weeks of rest for now . As for the mad dude, I actually pity him. He's not even in his senses. He has the mind of a 5 year old. People were scolding his parents for letting him loose on roads again and again!
And on dislocation front, its a fracture, no dislocation and that too a small one
more reason to keep him secure. for his own safety!
what if he tries this game with a truck?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks