Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2011, 20:44   #31
BHPian

Re: Exclusive Motors, Delhi : Shoddy service & unhappy Lamborghini owners in India

Does Lambo after sales services poor all over the world? Don't they know how to keep their elite customers happy? Remember the Chinese billionaire who destroyed his Gallardo due to poor A.S.S offered to him by the dealer.Hope this owner does not resort to that sort of thing?
Old 1st September 2011, 22:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Exclusive Motors, Delhi : Shoddy service & unhappy Lamborghini owners in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshtvpm View Post
Remember the Chinese billionaire who destroyed his Gallardo due to poor A.S.S offered to him by the dealer.Hope this owner does not resort to that sort of thing?
That was no fault of Lambo, that was personal rivalry that man had with the dealership owner, and was a defamatory tactic. Proven thing. Lamborghini, do you think, will take chances with one of their biggest markets anyway?
Old 1st September 2011, 22:34   #33
BHPian

I think its not only with any specific brand, May be We Indians are taken for a ride :(

Might be
Came across couple of BMW stories and few more in Autocar india portal couple of years back and seems like Companies studies the specific countries rules and regulations(On how to tackle customers? Do they have a chance to raise their voice?) better than a market research on customer requirements before starting their business..

BMW India 1

BMW India 2

BMW India 3

Merc India 1

Merc india 2
Old 2nd September 2011, 15:11   #34
BHPian

I am not surprised to read that Exclusive motors is doing a shabby job. I remember once me and my friend were denied entry into the showroom just because we arrived in a Corolla. Many a super car owners were not born rich.The dream to own one drives them. IMO seeing the car in person only pushes one further. In my case the desire to own a Lambo one day was stomped upon by the attitude of the dealer and I can safely say its the same for my friend.
Old 2nd September 2011, 17:44   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
Might be
Came across couple of BMW stories and few more in Autocar india portal couple of years back and seems like Companies studies the specific countries rules and regulations(On how to tackle customers? Do they have a chance to raise their voice?) better than a market research on customer requirements before starting their business..
The Companies also have a valid reason to study rules and regulations since there will be troublemakers and rivals out to get them.

The US in particular is a veritable trouble spot with people who sue at the least provocation.

Remember the experience of Audi with the 'sudden acceleration' accusation which nearly killed off the brand in the US.

Chevy, Toyota and others too suffered immense damage due to legal cases against them.

I'm not supporting Companies but only highlighting the fact that consumers need not be right always. The Exclusive Motors case is different though with consumers suffering.
Old 2nd September 2011, 21:28   #36
BHPian

@scorcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
That was no fault of Lambo, that was personal rivalry that man had with the dealership owner, and was a defamatory tactic. Proven thing. Lamborghini, do you think, will take chances with one of their biggest markets anyway?
That is news to me. Where did you get the info that it was a defamatory tactic? I have read in some websites that it was engine problem which was not sorted out by the dealership. correct me if i am wrong.
thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 21:56   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshtvpm View Post
@scorcher

That is news to me. Where did you get the info that it was a defamatory tactic? I have read in some websites that it was engine problem which was not sorted out by the dealership. correct me if i am wrong.
thanks
It was so reported but when Lamborghini got back at it, many of his claims were proven wrong. To being with, what he claimed to be a brand new car was an old Gallardo (not the LP560 that was on sale at that time). I had read the clarifications given by the dealer and the manufacturer on some forum, can't remember which. Will search around and post if I find
Old 3rd September 2011, 09:40   #38
BHPian

In the September Issue of autocar India, Gautam Singhanias letter to the editor has been printed.His Lambo had an issue with the clutch which apparently was supposed to last for 15000 km but wasnt lasting many of the indian lambo owners more than 2500 km.the dealership apparently didnt respond leading to all this news.
Old 3rd September 2011, 11:35   #39
Senior - BHPian

While news about Exclusive motors is bad indeed, we might just see them improve as they now no more have Mumbai and markets below under them, the dealership for which has been given to Auto Hangar.

I have no personal experience with them but some other members here can shed more light on this?

Regards,
Old 3rd September 2011, 23:17   #40
BHPian

It is indeed shocking the way some international car manufacturers treat Indian customers. It seems they think Indians don't deserve the same level of respect that their customers in the West deserve. Is it because Indian's don't pay for their cars? For all I know, in the USA the gross margin is as low as 3% while in India the margin is seldom less than 16%. That the concerned dealership is still in business demonstrates the apathy that Lamborghini is displaying towards the discomfort of its Indian customers.

I wonder why the concerned gentleman didn't pursue the legal route. He ought to have communicated on email and produced it to the Competition Commission and to Consumer Forum. In addition, he could have written to the media. If DLF can be fined Rs.630 crore for unjust clauses against customers I am sure the 'exclusive' dealer of 'exclusive' cars would also have been made to explain.

Ridiculous. As if by selling a car they did a favour. Such dealers are nothing more than petty traders. Despite dealing in high value items the mindset remains the same. Pity.
Old 4th September 2011, 17:27   #41
SSP
BHPian

FYI, OT, does anyone know where Auto Hangar is setting up the Lamborghini outlet/service center?
Old 5th September 2011, 11:43   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep_Shri View Post
It is indeed shocking the way some international car manufacturers treat Indian customers. It seems they think Indians don't deserve the same level of respect that their customers in the West deserve. Is it because Indian's don't pay for their cars? For all I know, in the USA the gross margin is as low as 3% while in India the margin is seldom less than 16%. That the concerned dealership is still in business demonstrates the apathy that Lamborghini is displaying towards the discomfort of its Indian customers.

I wonder why the concerned gentleman didn't pursue the legal route. He ought to have communicated on email and produced it to the Competition Commission and to Consumer Forum. In addition, he could have written to the media. If DLF can be fined Rs.630 crore for unjust clauses against customers I am sure the 'exclusive' dealer of 'exclusive' cars would also have been made to explain.

Ridiculous. As if by selling a car they did a favour. Such dealers are nothing more than petty traders. Despite dealing in high value items the mindset remains the same. Pity.
You've got it all wrong, Sir!

You see, it's not the car manufacturers who treat us badly. It's the dealers and the franchises that they set up here, that is run by a bunch of douche bags.

Lamborghini, and other car manufacturers, in all probability, show respect to the Indian customer. After all, we're shelling out twice the money for a car that costs half as much in other countries.

If they intended to treat us badly, they would not set up shop in our country, to begin with.

So it's the dealers who need to be hung for their behaviour. They are typically pompous, arrogant, and disrespectful.
Old 5th September 2011, 20:08   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

You see, it's not the car manufacturers who treat us badly. It's the dealers and the franchises that they set up here, that is run by a bunch of douche bags.

Lamborghini, and other car manufacturers, in all probability, show respect to the Indian customer. After all, we're shelling out twice the money for a car that costs half as much in other countries.

If they intended to treat us badly, they would not set up shop in our country, to begin with.

So it's the dealers who need to be hung for their behaviour. They are typically pompous, arrogant, and disrespectful.
In which case I must admit I was wrong to think that car dealers cannot function independent of car manufacturers in quite a few matters considering that not just the goodwill and brand reputation is at stake for manufacturers but also certain Intellectual Property (such as know-how) may also get compromised if dealers were to totally disregard the interests of manufacturers. Possibly the reason why, numerous conditions are imposed by manufacturers for 'appointing' dealers who are de-facto agents of and not independent contractors for the manufacturers regardless of the terms of the contract.

In a typical scenario, manufacturers even reserve the right to audit the accounts of dealers, determine the service levels, seek periodic reports on key performance indicators in addition to having a say in the choice of location, investment etc.

One of the reason why dealers are appointed is primarily to parry liability in situations like these besides factors like lack of knowledge of local markets, regulatory considerations, ways of working especially in countries like India which are below 5 in Transparency International grading etc.

It is difficult to accept that a dealer can deal with consumers in a high-handed manner and the manufacturer of the car in question, having not taken any action against the dealer it appointed to act on their behalf, can still ride a moral high horse. Accountability is that of manufacturers even though responsibility may lie with dealers.

Regardless of whose fault it is, consumers must not suffer unless its their fault.

Cheers!
Old 6th September 2011, 00:04   #44
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

This is exactly Correct.
Old 6th September 2011, 08:56   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep_Shri View Post

It is difficult to accept that a dealer can deal with consumers in a high-handed manner and the manufacturer of the car in question, having not taken any action against the dealer it appointed to act on their behalf, can still ride a moral high horse. Accountability is that of manufacturers even though responsibility may lie with dealers.

Regardless of whose fault it is, consumers must not suffer unless its their fault.

Cheers!
You're absolutely right!

The onus lies with the manufacturer, despite the dealer being responsible for its actions.

In fact, it's the manufacturer that must take responsibility for the dealer's actions. After all, it's the dealer that represents the manufacturer in the country, so the dealer must be pulled up by the manufacturer and given a dressing-down.

Perhaps, Exclusive Motors knows the tricks of the trade and how to land a deal with the big-wigs.

The solution for this would depend on how the customers react to the dealer's step-motherly attitude that they're known for. The customers must get together and draft a letter, and maybe even send a common representative to the HQ, in order to sort this matter out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks