Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2011, 11:24   #1
BHPian

Sending car overseas for repair (3000GT)

Could anyone shed some light on how to go about sending your car abroad for repairs ?

I am trying to get my 3000GT repaired and after with failed luck with mechanics in Delhi and Mumbai I am looking to send it to Bangkok for repairs and further modifications.

Would love if someone can provide some info on it.

Regards,
Old 19th September 2011, 10:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Sending car overseas for repair (3000GT)

A more easier and viable option would be to fly in mechanic from abroad.

Before you fly the mechanic, you could ensure that the mechanic has some background about the issues.

A complete chart of current list of component specs should be sent like make and brand of filter, ignition coil, turbos, ecu, boost pressure, humidity in Mumbai, plumbing kit, steering pump, wheel sizes and tires, etc all that you can identify and list.

Also try to demo all the issues as much as possible with a video recording and if the mechanic can manage, a live interactive demo of issues.

Sending the car abroad may not be a economically viable solution.

Throw an open offer to all tuners, service guys in India (many are forum members too), that you pay ONLY and ONLY IF they manage to fix problems to your satisfaction else you pay them just the nominal diagnostic fees. This would ensure that only people will adequate knowledge, manpower and skillset, time, infrastructure would volunteer.
dipen is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 14:05   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Sending car overseas for repair (3000GT)

Super suggestion by Dipen, and definitely recommended over sending your car abroad.

BTW, did you check with Arush @ AutoPsyche (Delhi)? He owns a 3000GT and has got to have a deep understanding of the machine. Look up his co-ordinates on the forum. You might also want to check for tips with Adil Khan (Link) who is a fellow 3000GT owner from Mumbai.

Hope your car is in top shape soon.
Old 19th September 2011, 19:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sending car overseas for repair (3000GT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff View Post
Could anyone shed some light on how to go about sending your car abroad for repairs ?

I am trying to get my 3000GT repaired and after with failed luck with mechanics in Delhi and Mumbai I am looking to send it to Bangkok for repairs and further modifications.

Would love if someone can provide some info on it.

Regards,
What exactly is the problem with the car?

There is another green one owned by a member in Delhi.
Old 19th September 2011, 20:01   #5
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

If you have something of informational value to add to this thread, please post it here instead of merely two smilies. No, we didn't get the humour.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 19th September 2011 at 23:40.
accord masters is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th September 2011, 00:00   #6
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please note that discussion of Moderator activities is NOT permitted on the open forum. Also, it's best for you to keep sarcasm OFF THE FORUM. You are hereby advised to read the board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 20th September 2011 at 09:25.
accord masters is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th September 2011, 00:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

From what I know, bhpian insideman has sent his LR Disco over to Bowler to get some mods done. Maybe he could shed more light on the procedure if you do intend to ship her off and back.
Old 20th September 2011, 07:01   #8
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestions. Decided to fly in 2 mechanics from Bangkok who have alot of experience on this cars and decided to order a brand new engine from Japan.

I'll keep you guys updated!
spiff is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 08:18   #9
HPP
BHPian

Glad you chose to fly people in. I was just about to suggest the same. I've been a builder/tuner for 10+ years, and long distance builds can be tricky when you are just a tow or long drive away.. I couldn't imagine if the car was shipped, returned, then you/the car had issues. Would be very expensive to rectify.

You could use this thread, or make another to post and verify your issues and the corrective actions/route being taken along the way. I'm sure a few of us could help along the way.
Old 20th September 2011, 12:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. Decided to fly in 2 mechanics from Bangkok who have alot of experience on this cars and decided to order a brand new engine from Japan.
I'll keep you guys updated!
You may have or would like to work on the below pointers too
  • Arrange for a workspace space with adequate infrastructure and tools required by these mechanics to work on.
  • Have a competent mechanic to assist the flown-in mechanics
  • The local mechanic(s) should have a willing nature to learn rather than blow their own trumpet.
  • Analyse if you want a complete OEM engine with OEM components or with upgraded parts like turbos, manifolds, intercoolers, pipings, ECU, coils, etc.
  • Hope they are carrying the required diagnostic tools.
  • Would you like volunteering Bhpians just watching over the entire job - only from a interest-to-watch-and-learn-non-intereference approach.

Last edited by dipen : 20th September 2011 at 12:54.
Old 3rd October 2011, 13:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

Just saw the car in classifieds.
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ishi/GTO.html/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks