Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2006, 17:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

DaimlerChrysler India Limited (DCIL) came close to their valuable costumers as part of improving their customer relation.

DCIL haven’t participated in the AutoExpo `06, because they claim that they can’t satisfy genuine participants like the existing & new customers. Hence they host their own show as ‘Mercedes Benz Brand Show’ & launched three new model, the all new S-class (W221 series), new M-class (W169 series) and two new motors for the E-class. The event was conducted at three metros Mumbai, Delhi & Chennai. I attended the press meet in connection with the unveiling of the two amazing models at Chennai on 25th March.

The S-class was the center of attraction. The car on display was S350L and its packed with all the options offered to a S when it start to assemble in India as SKD. At present all the Ss are being imported, as CBU and the variants available are S320 CDI, S350 and S500. Its told that DCIL will also import S600 with V12 biturbo which produce 517hp if there is any demand, but at present they are happy with the sales of the other variants. Anyway the most powerful series production car, the S65 AMG, will not be available in the sub continent. What ever, it looks much better than in the photos and the obsidian black on display look awesome. Once again it set benchmark in the car world & proved that it’s ‘the best car in the world’

The new M-class was the 2nd launch; the model displayed was ML 350 in white. The ML320CDI, ML350 & ML500 is available as CBU. It has improved a lot in design & build quality. The E-class in now offered fitted with two new engines, the new V6 badge as E280 & new common rail turbo diesel badge E280 CDI (it was on display).

All DCIL model available in India, both made in India & CBU imported were on display. The mighty Maybach, the ultra luxury sedan was a great experience. It’s the second time I’m enjoying the most luxurious seats on the road. It’s a fabulous car. The sporty CLS & SLK were also on display with the cheapest Merc to buy the C-class.

I’m a junior member to this forum & I’m glad to introduce my self as a postgraduate student of business administration. I also take active involvement in our family business of construction. My field of interest is automobile and I’m happy to inform you all that I do freelancing on my interested topic & cover columns in Malayalam auto journal Fast track. I’m a great Merc fan & my most favorite cars are the S-class & the G-class. In the show, I liked the new S-class more than the Maybach; it’s my personal opinion only. Please enjoy the photos; sorry for the poor quality, it’s because of poor lighting.

http://photos.yahoo.com/hani_musthafa

Please click the link to see the show album..

http://photos.yahoo.com/hanmust

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th April 2006 at 05:45.
Old 3rd April 2006, 17:02   #2
BHPian

nice show by Mercedes

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th April 2006 at 05:46.
Old 3rd April 2006, 17:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust
DaimlerChrysler India Limited (DCIL) came close to their valuable ........poor quality, it’s because of poor lighting.
Removed the extra codes from the article. Pics are not available because hanmust did not upload the images on to the Internet. Its on his hard-disk [G:].

**Thanks for doing that Gordon, have posted it in the original poll along with the photo links
cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th April 2006 at 05:47.
Old 3rd April 2006, 19:30   #4
BHPian

I also got the Invitation ...............Cool display of cars

PJ
Old 3rd April 2006, 19:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

nice stuff, i like the black S350 in pictures, but didnt find the black that appealing when i went to see it in person...thats y chose the iridium silver with black interiors..
Old 3rd April 2006, 22:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

Iridium or the Arctic White for me.
Old 3rd April 2006, 23:24   #7
BHPian

I hope that Hanmust will repost pics soon.It can be great to see those pictures.Where was it in India????
Old 4th April 2006, 11:08   #8
Senior - BHPian

Iridium silver & artic white are both good colours..but I've not seen both in person. But black with beige interior is my choice for a luxury sedan.

I've already attached the link to see the photos of the show..please check it..
Old 4th April 2006, 16:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

Can't go wrong with black and beige either. That's why I chose them on my car
Old 5th April 2006, 15:27   #10
BHPian

thats nice.............................
liked the car.....
Old 5th April 2006, 18:50   #11
Senior - BHPian

Ok..for which car U selected that colour..what car(s) do u use..
Old 5th April 2006, 19:24   #12
BHPian

Kudos to a great work covering the Mercedes Brand Show and Kudos to Mercedes for up-ing the Ante for Audi and BMW.

-Sumit
Old 5th April 2006, 21:44   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust
Ok..for which car U selected that colour..what car(s) do u use..
I dont know who u asking but since i was the one who mentioned the silver...i will assume its for me..

we selected this for the S350L

I drive a corvette and G35 in the states but in delhi it was the S320, E220 and few others, sold the S and now waiting for the new S350, also wanted to get the price list from Mav for the 7 since i still sort of prefer it but i havent heard from him...(MAV you listening!!! you sales guys hasnt sent me the pricelist yet!)
Old 8th April 2006, 23:43   #14
BHPian

good work

you have done a great work....the pics are really superb....pls keep on posting....thnku
Old 9th April 2006, 11:38   #15
BHPian

nice pics hani!!
The new s-class looks great, so does the new m-calss.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks