Team-BHP - Please Identify this Toyota. EDIT : It's a Trueno Sprinter!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Please Identify this Toyota. EDIT : It's a Trueno Sprinter! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/124944-please-identify-toyota-edit-its-trueno-sprinter.html)

Folks, can anyone help me identify the car model. The rear emblem says it's a toyota, but which one.

Looks like a Celica to me.

@MODs: Pl merge this thread to the car sighting section.

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Dunno about the model, but the headlamps look like a Cut and Paste job from a Camry.

I had a hunch that it was Celica. Got confused looking at the head lamps as none of the Celica's came with projection lamps pre 2000 Model. The papers mention a 1995 Model, and the model name is mentioned as FELICA. One more surprising fact is, this is a Petrol Vehicle but the RC mentions the Fuel Type as Diesal.

I am interested in Picking up this car which is parked at one the dealers in bangalore. But I am not too convinced about the papers. Any suggestions would be awesome.

It's most likely a 6th-gen / T200 Celica which ran from 1993 - 1999, with some aftermarket mods in terms of the headlights, the front bumper and the bonnet.

Could you post a shot of the rear? Does it look like this?

Also, I wouldn't pick it up if I were you. Take an old, obsolete model that (a) is an import (b) has been heavily modded and what you've got is a recipe for disaster.

There was never a Toyota 'Felica'. Even the paperwork seems dodgy.

Felica = Fake Celica.

As adviced, stay away from such cars as it will only land up as junk in your backyard in no time.

Seems to be a Celica, BUT:
1. Celica never came with a diesel engine
2. The headlights are all wrong. Definitely a mod job because whoever owned it in the past probably could not source spare headlights. Local accident repair? The generation of Celica mentioned in earlier posts came with pop-up headlights.

I would second @ghostrider here. Dodgy documentation. Dodgy looking car. Stay away.

This is how the rear is!

Guess, would take all your suggestions and avoid this car. The hunt for a celica , resumes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aditbelw (Post 2870176)
This is how the rear is!

Guess, would take all your suggestions and avoid this car. The hunt for a celica , resumes!

Smart move.

This thing's been modded from the back too. There are aftermarket bits on the trunk, the bumper, the lights, and an aftermarket exhaust job. No two panels on the trunk seem to gel with it's neighbours, and that exhaust job looks sketchy at best.

Just out of curiosity, what was the dealer asking for this thing?

Since this is modded at both ends with bits from camry and older gen corolla,it may not even be a toyota.After viewing some pics over the web,I find the side profile similar to a honda prelude probably mid 90's.Where did you find this car??

I think this car is a 1997-2000 Toyota Levin. The headlights and the taillights look pretty similar to a Levin. I doubt it's a Celica.

Toyota Levin BZ

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostrider (Post 2870219)
Smart move.

Just out of curiosity, what was the dealer asking for this thing?

The asking price was 4Lacs pre-negotiations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GullwingGT (Post 2870252)
Where did you find this car??

It's with a dealer at kanteerva stadium not sure about the name though, is it "Mahabaleshwar Service Station" . The guy who ownes this place is Mr.Maruthi and have not heard very good things about him as well let alone the car in discussion.

This vehicle has some serious identity crisis. But I liked the car , and the seating had a feel good factor to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aditbelw (Post 2870422)
The asking price was 4Lacs pre-

It's probably worth about half of that. Good call, staying away from it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aparth (Post 2870333)
I think this car is a 1997-2000 Toyota Levin. The headlights and the taillights look pretty similar to a Levin. I doubt it's a Celica.
Toyota Levin BZ

My first thought was it could be the Levin, but it isn't. The Levin had a sharp angle where the c-pillar met the waistline, and this one has a prominent curve instead. Also, going by the slightly curved rear fender, I'm pretty sure it's a modded Celica.

No doubt it is a Toyota. Here's one more picture of the engine bay, maybe someone can decipher looking at it!