Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2012, 12:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Driving Jaguars at the Buddh International Circuit

Manson, you must've had the time of your life, on the BIC!
Very well written review of the event, there.

I believe, this awareness by JLR would have its effect on the people. We've already started seeing XJL's and XFS's on the streets. Have seen a couple of XKR-S's too. Man, the growl that the XKR-S makes, is mind numbing!

JLR seems to be making a statement on the lines of, "We make luxury cars, but who said you cant have fun in a luxury car?"

Thanks Manson, for a wonderful review.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2012, 19:01   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post

The live snaps of the cars shot from somewhere on the track were brilliant and are wallpaper stuff. How did you manage to get those shots? Did they allow the media to get out on the track to shoot cars in action?
Nope, I do not think anyone was allowed to leave the pit lane area as such. Besides it is a long walk all the way down into the first corner and I doubt anyone really had the time and will to get around it
Jaguar had a couple of dedicated photographers at the track side and the pit lane, and the three track side shots that you see in my report are what I received in my mailbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automaton View Post
Hope you get to experience the XK RS soon. It was like you enjoyed the spread and were unfortunately denied the delectable dessert at the end.
Tell me about it man, 550 BHP odd wild cat! I may get to drive one of these again at some point of my life, but I can tell you having a tool like that at race track is what really counts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automaton View Post
Would love to see a BIC shoot out between all the 'racing' street cars: the XK RS, an M5, and a Maserati maybe. And the A5, one of the Mercedes AMGs too, since this will remain a wish list.
At some point into our cool down lap, Narain mentioned he had driven an M5 around the BIC a while ago. He said the M5 was a very focussed drive inside out, but he preferred the XFR-S for its overall comfort and feel good factor.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 18:55   #18
Team-BHP Support

Manson,

Getting to drive around the Buddh in one of the faster cars around might have been quite an experience. That video is nice and the pictures are a treat! Crisply written too!

So which one would you take, the XJ or the XK-RS?

It's always good to see these niche car-makers organizing such events, for example the Porsche blast in Amby Valley and the Lambo track day at the track in Chennai. We should have more of these, now that we have ahem, 'sufficient' infrastructure.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 20:43   #19
Team-BHP Support

Manson just superb! Loved reading it with all the minute details. The Jaguar showroom is right next to my house and everytime i pass i just stop and drool! And getting to drive them around on our apna F1 track its like Nirvana!

Beautiful machines these are built by equally passionate people, very few people in India relate to the performance pedigree here in India for the brand, but atleast Jaguar is on the right track by introducing the track format. I think they should take it a notch ahead and open it up as a carrot for the owners at a subsidized prize. Where else can they enjoy these gorgeous machines
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks