Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2012, 23:18   #1
BHPian

Weismann to enter Indian Shores!

Hello fellow Team Bhpian's, I have an exiting news for everybody, Wiesmann, the German Supercar brand is soon going to come to the Indian shores officially!
The entry of a brand like Wiesmann will bring in a significant change to the India Supercar scene.

The news has come from a reliable source, will be confirming it very soon.

Here are some pictures of the GT MF4 & the MF5 Roadster

Weismann to enter Indian Shores!-wiesmanngtmf402.jpg
Weismann to enter Indian Shores!-wiesmanngtmf411.jpg
Weismann to enter Indian Shores!-2634_4926_0_wiesm_wallpaper_roadster_mf5_1_size_4_3.jpg
Weismann to enter Indian Shores!-2635_4929_0_wiesm_wallpaper_roadster_mf5_2_size_4_3.jpg
Sportygellar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 00:41   #2
BHPian

This is good news.. These are incredible cars in all aspects. Photographs do not do these car justice. The performance is Staggering And the Enineering and build quality are what make it different from its rivals..

Here are some pics I've had for some time..

Weismann to enter Indian Shores!-image2263457329.jpg

Weismann to enter Indian Shores!-image3047570962.jpg

Weismann to enter Indian Shores!-image12560708.jpg

Weismann to enter Indian Shores!-image4000334909.jpg

Last edited by Technocrat : 30th November 2012 at 03:22. Reason: corrected image placement, thanks
liv2drv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 00:49   #3
BHPian

Re: Weismann to enter Indian Shores!

the last two snaps look like they are scale models.
Old 28th November 2012, 01:14   #4
BHPian

I was looking at videos on you tube and the red and white car exists..

Found these two videos, thought I'd post them.

I really like the video with the Ferrari and the Wiesmann.
Shows a comparison...

Last edited by liv2drv : 28th November 2012 at 01:17.
Old 28th November 2012, 07:55   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
I really like the video with the Ferrari and the Wiesmann.
Shows a comparison...
What comparison we see there? I couldn't really figure out.
Old 28th November 2012, 09:30   #6
BHPian

Beautiful vehicles.

However, I fail to understand how Wiesmann is even classified as a 'manufacturer'. The company basically integrates BMW engines with their chassis and shell (a slight advancement over custom shops like Saleen or Lingenfelter).

Further, how many $275,000 vehicles will they really sell in India to justify an 'entry' status...or is "entry into India" = 1 showroom each in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, and net sales of 21 units per year to people who would anyway have imported the cars had the company not 'officially entered' India ?
Old 28th November 2012, 14:53   #7
BHPian

a comparison of design and road presence.

the facts you stated are partially correct.
The chassis is completely a state of the art monocoque chassis. The older discontinued MF3 had a BMW chassis.
The engines are completely re-worked on and are completely transformed (many supercars borrow engines from others).
Also, the car does not cost $275,000.00. They can reach that, but thats for a 700+ HP car that weighs 1400kg!!
The car is a monster of performance, it'll be interesting to see how its priced in India.
I hightly doubt they will be looking to sell 21 cars here.
More like 7-8 per year.
Old 29th November 2012, 22:54   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportygellar View Post
The entry of a brand like Wiesmann will bring in a significant change to the India Supercar scene.
Just like the entry of Koenigsegg did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
What comparison we see there? I couldn't really figure out.
That there are irritating idiots who keep honking for no reason in other parts of the world too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinadJoshi View Post
...or is "entry into India" = 1 showroom each in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, and net sales of 21 units per year
Whoa! Easy there...

Thats probably 7x as many cars as they are targeting for a good year, as well as 3 more showrooms than they were planning to build!

Nice car though. Good to see BMW power in there. Is there any relation between Weismann and TVR? Their cars look somewhat similar (especially from the rear).

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th November 2012 at 22:58.
Old 30th November 2012, 01:55   #9
BHPian

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but to me this looks like the ugliest looking supercar ever built. This car is trying to be a mix of both form and function but unimpressive to me. From some angles it looks like a Morgan aero8, from the front and back headlamp cluster it looks like a Tvr.

I can only think of it as a horrible case of pairing German engineering with Italian craftsmanship gone wrong. Even the pagani zondas look way more classier than this.

And whoever combined those sporty alloys with the classic bodywork? Arrgh!!

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 30th November 2012 at 01:56.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 04:49   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

That there are irritating idiots who keep honking for no reason in other parts of the world too.

R
, it does sound like our roads! But, these irritating idiots are doing it because of a wedding (you can see the wedding cars in the video).

As for Wiesmanns, everyone has their own opinion and i respect yours... i think its one of the sexiest cars i've seen. They do look a lot nicer in reality then pictures because of their actual dimensions. I'm not into the Pagani or Spyker kind of looks either.

I like the Wiesmann's because they are truly Exotic! They aren't the kind of car you're ever going to pull up next to at a traffic light anywhere in the world to see another one next to you.
Its a modern day classic just like you said (Morgan). Just that these cars do 0-100 in 3.9, and the MF5 in 3.7s. They handle like a true a gekko, stuck to the road. No test driver, including Clarkson who's not the best driver in the world, but who we all listen to, can find a fault in the handling of the car (i haven't had a chance to drive one). These cars come with F1 gear boxes, double clutch, manual, automatic what ever you want. Reverse camera's, parktronic, Harmon Kardon, heated seats, ventilated seats, 400 leathers too choose from, being able to raise the ride hieght, etc, etc. To top it off, each and every inch of the car is made by hand by TOPP engineers, who have achieved making the car so practical that their owners in Europe and the Middle East are using them everyday with perfect reliability.

But them setting up shop in India can only be believed when its here to be seen.
As i said, i haven't driven one. I'd really like to drive one.. may have a completely different opinion after that...

Has anyone here on the Forum driven one?

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th December 2012 at 14:26. Reason: Removing some sort of text duplication thats happened. Didn't notice the wedding :P Cheers.
liv2drv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 09:19   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv

As for Wiesmanns, everyone has their own opinion and i respect yours... i think its one of the sexiest cars i've seen.
I like the Wiesmann's because they are truly Exotic! (i haven't had a chance to drive one). ?
Sir if we had to listen to Clarkson for car advice, Im sure all cars on the road would be as flat as possible with bullet shaped front end and slickest of tyres etc. that man is relentless, but he keeps the show fun to watch and thats his USP.

Im happy with all the gadgets and gizmos that WIesmann come with just like every modern day car should. No use going at 200mph when you dont have the systems in place to keep you safe. It would be Harakiri then.

That said, what I did not like is the Wiessmann tries to be a classic car whereas certain bits of its styling shows off the macho sporty feel. The morgan aero feels much more discreet and understatedly elegant. Its perhaps the styling of the exterior that is upsetting me. Ive no qualms about the leather interiors though.

Sorry if my opinion offended you,but that wasnt my intention. To each his own.

Cheers!!
Old 30th November 2012, 17:06   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

Whoa! Easy there...

Thats probably 7x as many cars as they are targeting for a good year, as well as 3 more showrooms than they were planning to build!

Nice car though. Good to see BMW power in there. Is there any relation between Weismann and TVR? Their cars look somewhat similar (especially from the rear).

cya
R
The Weismann seems to look like TVR's cousin, but its not! TVR is a pure British Modern Day Classic, while the Weismann is German by origin and heart both. It's a totally different thing, ultra exclusive, crazy power to weight ratio and enough gizmos to keep you on road

Brilliant car in my opinion

Here's an old video of the Weismann v/s TVR-
Old 30th November 2012, 20:18   #13
BHPian

and the MF3 in the last video is a car that is over 12 years old!
they've discontinued making them because they've come a long way since.
I wonder why Top Gear haven't tested a newer one!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks