Team-BHP - Porsche launches Cayman S in India @ 94 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Porsche launches Cayman S in India @ 94 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/137827-porsche-launches-cayman-s-india-94-lakhs.html)

Porsche has launched its new Cayman S in India for Rs 93.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Source:Porsche launches Cayman S
Quote:

Porsche has launched the Cayman S in India.

Powering the sportscar is a 3.4-litre flat-six engine that puts out 321bhp and 37.7kgm of torque. Power is sent to the rear-wheels via a seven-speed PDK transmission. It gets from 0-100kph in 5.38 seconds and goes on to a claimed top speed of 281kph.19-inch wheels are standard.

The cabin gets redesigned interiors and a 7-inch touchscreen. In terms of optional features, the cabin can be specced with a Burmester sound system and bi-colour leather packages amongst others.

The Porsche Cayman S is priced at Rs 93.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Honestly, 94 lakhs ex-showroom is ridiculous pricing. The Cayman S used to cost significantly lesser at one time.

No doubt, it's one of the best Porsches to drive and there is the lure of the brand too. But the pricing is absurd for what is considered to be an affordable Porsche.

To put things in perspective, lets compare it with the M5's pricing.

BMW M5 : $ 92,000 (USA) / INR 99 lakhs (IND)
Cayman S : $ 64,000 (USA) / INR 94 lakhs (IND)

As you can see, the Cayman S costs 2/3rds of what the M5 does in the States. Here, it's priced on par!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3152749)

As you can see, the Cayman S costs 2/3rds of what the M5 does in the States. Here, it's priced on par!

That is the pre budget price for an M5. Its around 1.25 ex showroom now. All the prices have risen by close to 30% after the budget.

But while the M5 is fully loaded for probably about 1.35, the Porsche will probably have zero options at the price mentioned. After adding all the necessary options like xenons, etc and a few other options I'm sure the ex showroom will shoot up to 1.1 cr.

A close friend bought his Cayman S PDK with a couple addon packages for ~75L in 2011. At 94L it's way too much money for the baby-911! Or is it?

Quote:

Porsche is pricing their cars way too high in India (Boxter pricing was a real shocker to me and now this) even discounts are minimal on most models. They have done well by strengthening their dealership network and supply chain however the pricing should be a bit more aggressive. Especially the price of the options are ridiculous!!

Usually when you spec a sports car in India the difference between the base and fully loaded model is about 20% or less. In a Porsche it can be almost 50% or more!

As akshay rightly mentioned the M5 base is 1.25 and fully loaded would be 1.35 or slight more. Likewise with the Audi RS5 the base is 87 and fully loaded is approx 1cr.

Its high time porsche atleast gives a decently loaded standard spec level for India at it's base price, if they aren't willing to lower prices or higher discounts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 3152956)

Its high time porsche atleast gives a decently loaded standard spec level for India at it's base price, if they aren't willing to lower prices or higher discounts.

That is what they need to understand. I mean I just went and checked out the configurator. Adding options like bigger rims, a spare tyre, xenons, Burmester speakers, navigation, multifunction steering wheel, carbon fibre trim, adaptive sports seats with full leather, chrono sport package, PDK, the price was already up at about 1.3cr. Ridiculous.

And again looking at the M5 (yes they are different segments but we are comparing them anyway), the main differences between the base and fully loaded in India is the 20" rims, the B&O system, and full leather interior. So the base is pretty loaded anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 3152770)
That is the pre budget price for an M5. Its around 1.25 ex showroom now. All the prices have risen by close to 30% after the budget.

But while the M5 is fully loaded for probably about 1.35, the Porsche will probably have zero options at the price mentioned. After adding all the necessary options like xenons, etc and a few other options I'm sure the ex showroom will shoot up to 1.1 cr.

The M5 today costs 1.35cr on road (Haryana) with very good loadings.
Though this is completely different segment.

I went for the launch on the cayman S this past Sunday, the model on display with a few loading lands 1.26cr ex-showroom, which is bonkers.
I drove the boxster S a week ago and it's too less of a car for too much money. For 1.5cr budget, they are offering a Carrera S pre-budget model, ANYONE?

The Porsche's are brilliant to drive but the price is way too high to even think of buying one now, at least not brand new.

This i guess would be their press/demo car.

Source: https://twitter.com/bertrandOD
Porsche launches Cayman S in India @ 94 lakhs-cay.jpg

I faintly remember that the Boxter s and the Cayman s had the same ex showroom price (68 Lakhs) when Shreyans were selling . Now the difference in ex showroom is about 10 Lakhs.
Just when I get close to buying one nice car either the company or the govt spoils it by increasing the price or the taxes/duties. :Frustrati

Was present at the launch as well @ the Emporio. The car looked awesome with those optional wheels and much better than it's predecessor... Would have been a steal had it been priced around 75 ex showroom for the base Cayman S...

Cayman S demo car spotted at Andheri east.

Porsche launches Cayman S in India @ 94 lakhs-1cay.jpg

Porsche launches Cayman S in India @ 94 lakhs-2cay.jpg

Spotted the Cayman S demo car along with a Boxster S demo car at Andheri.
Haven't blanked out the number plates because the car has appeared in last month's Autocar and Topgear.
EDIT - Looks like PPS above spotted the car yesterday at the exact same spot!

Ridiculous pricing! My brother was thinking of this very car to buy next year for his budget of ~80 Lakhs ex-showroom. 94 Lakhs would be way over budget! In comparison, what's the on-going pricing for the BMW Z4 or the Merc SLK350?

Autocar Review of the Cayman S.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-vqz0glubQ

Quote:

Honestly, 94 lakhs ex-showroom is ridiculous pricing. The Cayman S used to cost significantly lesser at one time.

No doubt, it's one of the best Porsches to drive and there is the lure of the brand too. But the pricing is absurd for what is considered to be an affordable Porsche.

Uber ridiculous. Grey import may be the way to go. Makes the 370Z a bargain !

After paying that much dough, the Cayman still doesn't exude the same feeling of 'poshness' that a Porsche 911 or an M3 (leave aside M5, the big boss)

Looks very unconventional, quirky & not as 'grown up' as the other 2.

A brilliant car to drive no doubt.

Having said that, I would'nt mind one