Team-BHP - Data of Cars imported into India: Available online!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Data of Cars imported into India: Available online! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/150781-data-cars-imported-into-india-available-online.html)

I was browsing the internet for news about the Moto E, when I ran into this website called Zauba. It provides detailed information about most things that are imported into the country.

What would interest people on T-BHP? Details of the Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Rolls Royces, etc., that enter our shores.

Here are a few screencaps of the information available here.

Ferrari
Data of Cars imported into India: Available online!-ferrari.jpg

Lamborghini Aventador:
Data of Cars imported into India: Available online!-lp7004.jpg

Porsche:
Data of Cars imported into India: Available online!-porsche.jpg

Audi R8:
Data of Cars imported into India: Available online!-r8.jpg

Maserati:
Data of Cars imported into India: Available online!-maserati.jpg

Rolls Royce Ghost:
Data of Cars imported into India: Available online!-rr-ghost.jpg

Now, the above information is supposed to be confidential, right? How can one put up such information out in the open for all to see?

And considering there are only 2 Aventador Roadsters in the country, isn't it far too easy to figure which Engine No. and Chassis No. belongs to which vehicle?

Data of Cars imported into India: Available online!-lp700-roadater.jpg

Just look at the prices mentioned.

I did a quick search for super bikes, Yamaha R1 (imported on 3/10/2013).
Value = INR 6,27,726/-

How I wish we could get it at these prices :D
Nothing wrong in dreaming.

I think the prices mentioned are pre-taxed and custom duty excluded. And yes this information is meant to be confidential enough. I wonder how they got such information that too so very precise.

I can see the two F12s. When do we see them on the road!?

This is a great find. The spotters must be rejoicing!

Are these the prices the dealer pays? 6 lakhs for a brand new R1. Seriously must be in Wonderland :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by createrkid (Post 3430167)
Are these the prices the dealer pays? 6 lakhs for a brand new R1. Seriously must be in Wonderland :-)

As someone said earlier, I think this is the before the Import Duties are included. Although, I do think the dealer pays the 6L plus whatever the import duties are and then adds his own profit margin to it which is then passed on to us. :D

And,

R8 V8 for 48L
Maserati MC Stradale for 60L

If only these machines were available at these prices! And going by these prices, I guess the Lamborghini Aventador Roadster and the Ferrari F12 Berlinetta will be around the same price point?

Is this a gift for Ratan Tata ?
JAGUAR CAR F-TYPE 5.0L S/C PETROL CONVERTIBLE ST3 LHD 2014 MODEL YEAR VIN-SAJAA66K7EMK10352 ENG.-13121834153508PS (GIFT)

2 Merc GLA's landed for homologation

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat (Post 3430246)

R8 V8 for 48L
Maserati MC Stradale for 60L

If only these machines were available at these prices! And going by these prices, I guess the Lamborghini Aventador Roadster and the Ferrari F12 Berlinetta will be around the same price point?

Wait, so simple logic implied, does it mean that you can buy these beasts at these prices in their country of origin? Or am I missing something here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 3430252)
Is this a gift for Ratan Tata ?
JAGUAR CAR F-TYPE 5.0L S/C PETROL CONVERTIBLE ST3 LHD 2014 MODEL YEAR VIN-SAJAA66K7EMK10352 ENG.-13121834153508PS (GIFT)

LHD again. Didn't he pay a fine for his California?

Quote:

Originally Posted by createrkid (Post 3430254)
Wait, so simple logic implied, does it mean that you can buy these beasts at these prices in their country of origin? Or am I missing something here?

I think you can! These are the prices that the dealer pays to the seller directly. The Import Duties are paid to the government. Correct me if I am wrong.

Taking an example from the Website of JAGUAR VEHICLE XJ 3.0 V6 DIESEL LWB PORTFOLIO V.N. SAJAC2655DNV48094 E.N. B63240710687306DT with HS code 87033391 and declared value of Rs. 33,91,891, We calculate customs duty using eximguru.com

Customs Duty is appx 64Lakhs. Total comes to Rs 98 Lakhs, Which would be ex showroom price I guess. Above that will it be dealer profit? Who pays the shipping costs and insurance while shipping? Are there any other pre registration govt charges? (other than octroi applicable in Mumbai)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y@SH (Post 3430275)

Customs Duty is appx 64Lakhs. Total comes to Rs 98 Lakhs, Which would be ex showroom price I guess. Above that will it be dealer profit? Who pays the shipping costs and insurance while shipping? Are there any other pre registration govt charges? (other than octroi applicable in Mumbai)

Answering the question based on my short experience of working in the export-import field. Experts please correct me if I'm wrong.

The customs duty calculation seems to be correct. As far as shipping costs and insurance goes, this is pre decided between the shipper and the importer, in this case it is a CIF shipment. Here the shipper agrees to pay for the cost of insurance and freight, and quotes his rates after including these costs. Similarly, if the shipment is of FOB type, all logistics responsibilities lie in the hands of the importer, and the exporter only bills for the actual value of the car. So the person who bears these costs usually depends on the contract signed between them.

The data shows that 5 Audi RS7s were imported :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by createrkid (Post 3430254)

Even I thought that the price of a particular vehicle in the list is the price in INR at the country of origin. And what one pays here while purchasing is after the import duties, taxes and other stuff.

But, the actual price of say for example an Aventador in Italy itself belies this fact. Even there the price is nowhere close to the price in this list (it is much higher).

-Bhargav

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

I see 6 Turbo S's in that list.Where are these? 1 Bangalore and 1 in Delhi are known.Rest?