Team-BHP - LaFerrari in India? YES here it is! (Pics on Page 4)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   LaFerrari in India? YES here it is! (Pics on Page 4) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/152636-laferrari-india-yes-here-pics-page-4-a-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Car Club (Post 3501597)
The Super car club has just received information that a La Ferrari is expected in India.....clap:

Now that's more like it.

Excuse me while I go and pack my bags for Parx 2015 :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoaib3030 (Post 3468226)
( Mods, I din't know where to post this, so I decided to create a new thread. Take it down if needed :) )

I was on another forum dedicated to Ferrari owners and enthusiasts when I came across a post by a user from the forum. The topic of the thread was the locations of all the future LaFerrari garages. His post contained some data from an Italian newspaper and his post was as follows :

So the count for the moment is:
US 120
Germany 50
GB 50-60 ??
Italy 25
Switzerland 20-25??
Canada 11
India 3
Australia 7

I am no Ferrari owner (not even an old beat-up one, :uncontrol), but I can absolutely assure you that not a single LaFerrari will make it to Australia!

The reason is simple - The LaFerrari is made only in LHD and Australian government rules strictly prohibit registration of LHD cars. While some Yank muscle & megaSUVs come here and get converted to RHD, no one is going to chop up a LF to make it into RHD. Who will want to import a LF and keep it as a showpiece?

For the above reason, we in Australia have not been able to see cars like Enzo & Veyron on the roads here.

Yes, there are several billionaires who might get a LF, but it will be kept in their European garages. Its almost a certainty that Australia's billionaire petrol head, Lindsay Fox, would get one (Mods - There is nothing odd about naming him as he is a very public figure, like GS). He started off as a poor boy driving a truck when he was 16, now owns thousands of trucks and the Linfox logistics empire. He also has the Lindsay Fox car collection in Melbourne - do visit it if you are in Melbourne.

Isnt that the same problem for India as well? Cant register a LHD in this country can you?!

Is GS pulling strings to have it on display for the Parx show alone?! I would love to source some tickets for this year then. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fullrevs (Post 3502395)
Isnt that the same problem for India as well? Cant register a LHD in this country can you?!

You can register a LHD vehicle i guess by paying a penalty, atleast that is what i remember reading somewhere. Ratan Tata's Ferrari California is LHD.

Quote:

Is GS pulling strings to have it on display for the Parx show alone?! I would love to source some tickets for this year then. :)
You can always get a car here from abroad on Carnet for a period of 6-12 months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTAutoMad (Post 3501757)
For the above reason, we in Australia have not been able to see cars like Enzo & Veyron on the roads here.

He also has the Lindsay Fox car collection in Melbourne - do visit it if you are in Melbourne.

Hey,

Thanks for sharing the Lindsay Fox car collection details. In Mel end of this month and would definitely visit there. Also when i visited Syd in 2012 i remember seeing a Veyron on George St, Syd. I am not sure if it was a demo car / visit car or a Aus registered car. But i am 100% certain it was a Buggati Veyron.

Regards,

Quote:

Originally Posted by h@r$h@l (Post 3502582)
Hey,

Also when i visited Syd in 2012 i remember seeing a Veyron on George St, Syd. I am not sure if it was a demo car / visit car or a Aus registered car. But i am 100% certain it was a Buggati Veyron.

Regards,

What I meant was that no NEW LHD car can be SOLD nor REGISTERED here. Old cars (I think 25 years+) can be imported & registered as classic cars. So lots of US 60s muscle, old Corvettes etc come in that way.

Of course, Enzo & Veyron have both been displayed in motor shows here and it is quite possible that they would have been driven temporarily on the road "to & from the show" (haha) during that time. I am pretty sure Ferrari brought an Enzo so that their favourite customers could drive it around a track, but not the road.

It is also possible there could be cars here on carnet, but the huge distance & expense involved in bringing them here from Europe means, cars on carnet are quite rare (unlike UAE to India).

The three biggest RHD markets for supercars & luxury cars are UK, Australia & Japan. Both UK & Japan allow you to register new LHD cars (not sure about Hong Kong, supposed to have the highest concentration of luxury cars in the world) - so, for a hypercar production run of say, 300, nobody is going to spend tens of millions of $ engineering a RHD car so that they can sell, maybe 10-15 here. It's Australia's loss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPS (Post 3502564)
You can always get a car here from abroad on Carnet for a period of 6-12 months.

Please mind my ignorance. Doesnt the car have to be owned by the individual? Could i bring in a rental if the rental agency abroad agrees to let me have it for 6 months?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fullrevs (Post 3503432)
Please mind my ignorance. Doesnt the car have to be owned by the individual?

Offcourse it has to be owned by the individual! Sorry, i should have clarified that in my post.

Quote:

Could i bring in a rental if the rental agency abroad agrees to let me have it for 6 months?
No.

So that does give us a little more information on how the La Ferrari is coming to India.:)

Will be a proud moment for me personally to see a La Ferrari in India. GO GS!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Car Club (Post 3501597)
The Super car club has just received information that a La Ferrari is expected in India.....clap:

Might sound rude but I had to bring this up. Any more details on this SCC? Coz what you posted is too vague. Just like your news about the McLaren in Delhi and the LP720-4, both of which never showed up.
Cheers! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPS (Post 3468641)
Does GS own a LaFerrari abroad? It appears so from this tweet.

Attachment 1256975

I was going through this month's evo India magazine and came across GHS' article on him being a part of the Ferrari Cavalcade. This article has no mention about "his" LaFerrari and carries only a pic of him driving his F430. Did he really get a LaF? Because he has mentioned about all his cars in a liberal manner in all his previous articles and no mention of something as big as the LaF? Can anyone confirm?

So a little birdie tells me that one Indian :D gets his LF in the week beginning 20th Oct 14.
Hear is not red either. Could be yellow or TDF clap:
Go figure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT Goa (Post 3551408)
So a little birdie tells me that one Indian :D gets his LF in the week beginning 20th Oct 14.
Go figure.

Damn, he's going to have a cracking Diwali !

Any info which city ?

Quote:

Go figure.

Holy shit! :eek:
But hey, what matters is whether it will be in India or not? Any clue on this?

And oh, congratulations to that "monkey" :uncontrol
This "monkey" reference somehow reminds me of Chris Harris!

PS - An admin of a certain international car site told me that the Indian who owns 3 Enzos got a LaF. Did you get one CT??

Quote:

So a little birdie tells me that one Indian gets his LF in the week beginning 20th Oct 14.
Hear is not red either. Could be yellow or TDF
Go figure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.K (Post 3551482)
Did you get one CT??

I would like to believe that's exactly what CT was hinting at ;)

Yellow and TDF has CT written all over it! :D