Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2015, 15:22   #1
Team-BHP Support

Audi R8 LMX launched in India at Rs. 2.97 crore

German luxury carmaker Audi has launched the limited edition R8 LMX in India at a price of Rs. 2.97 crore (ex-showroom, Delhi / Mumbai).

The car is equipped with laser beam headlight technology, which is claimed to offer an illumination range of up to 500 metres. The lights are activated at a speed of 60 kph and above. One laser module per headlight is said to generate a cone of light with twice the range of the all-LED headlight. The headlamps are also fitted with a camera-based sensor system to detect other road users and actively adjust the light pattern to avoid dazzle.

The R8 LMX is available in Ara Blue paint. It has a large, fixed rear spoiler and the side flics, engine compartment cover, exterior mirror housings, side blades, rear wing and diffuser are all finished in matt carbon. The single frame grille, front air intakes and rear outlet grille are finished in titanium grey, while the sports exhaust system features high-gloss black tailpipes.

On the inside, the R8 LMX has bucket seats, door panels and gear lever covered in Nappa leather, black Alcantara headlining and Sepang Blue stitching on the parking brake lever, the center tunnel console, the steering wheel and the instrument cowl. The floor mats have black piping and Sepang Blue stitching. The covers of the center tunnel console and the parking brake lever, the inlays in the doors and the arc around the cockpit are finished in matt carbon. The door sills have illuminated aluminium inlays bearing the limited-edition number.

The R8 LMX uses a mid-mounted, 5.2-litre, V10 petrol engine that develops 562 bhp and 540 Nm of torque. A 7-speed S Tronic gearbox transmits power to all four wheels through a Quattro all-wheel drive system. Audi claims that the LMX can reach 100 kph from a standstill in 3.4 seconds and achieve a top speed of 320 kph.

Only 99 units of the R8 LMX will be sold globally.

Audi R8 LMX launched in India at Rs. 2.97 crore-lmx1.jpg

Audi R8 LMX launched in India at Rs. 2.97 crore-lmx2.jpg
Aditya is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 16:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Audi R8 LMX launched in India at Rs. 2.97 crore

That is frankly way too much money for an Audi R8 even if it is V10. I do not think even the Audi brand commands such money.
extreme_torque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 21:29   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
That is frankly way too much money for an Audi R8 even if it is V10. I do not think even the Audi brand commands such money.
It is actually a bargain (??) when you compare it to other mid-engined four wheel drive supercars. I agree, it isn't as dramatic or flamboyant as the Lamborghini Gallardo / Huracan, but it does have the same amount of go power.

Considering only 99 examples of the LMX would be made; the price is very well justified.

Cheers.
Old 15th January 2015, 22:07   #4
Mtv
BHPian

This is the end of the current gen R8 production. The LMX is a fitting farewell for the R8, one of the last of its kind.

At 3 crores a piece, it's not bad value considering the fact that you'd get one of the last 99 pieces of a phenomenal car.
Mtv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 00:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
It is actually a bargain (??) when you compare it to other mid-engined four wheel drive supercars. I agree, it isn't as dramatic or flamboyant as the Lamborghini Gallardo / Huracan, but it does have the same amount of go power.

Considering only 99 examples of the LMX would be made; the price is very well justified.

Cheers.
Just because they are making only 99 examples, does not justify the price. Is this a one off for instance like say a Jaguar F-Type Project 7? No its just a regular Audi R8 with laser light headlights. It does not have the brand cache of Ferrari/Lamborghini or even Porsche in my opinion as far as sports cars are concerned.

What if Nissan added laser headlights to the GTR and priced it at the same 3 crores?

P.S. Just wondering how much a normal Audi R8 V10 costs in India?

Last edited by extreme_torque : 16th January 2015 at 00:02.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 10:16   #6
BHPian

Quote:

P.S. Just wondering how much a normal Audi R8 V10 costs in India?
The new Audi R8 V10 costs anywhere between 2.20 - 2.50 ex showroom.
KaandBaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 11:19   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaandBaaz View Post
The new Audi R8 V10 costs anywhere between 2.20 - 2.50 ex showroom.
My bad then. I did not know V10 comes in at over two crores.
Old 16th January 2015, 12:01   #8
BHPian

I still have a question in my mind about will anyone pay an extra 40-50 lacs just to get that extra 13 bhp, differsnt headlights and some extra matt carbon finished bits over the R8 v10 plus? I know only 99 would be made, but I dont think that would be exclusive. I can still buy a regular v10 and get aftermarket mods done.( Different story that I dont have the moolah to afford it)
Old 16th January 2015, 12:39   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Here's a video of the LMX in action

Quote:
My bad then. I did not know V10 comes in at over two crores.
I think there is some confusion here. The V10 coupe was launched at 1.5 crores (link). Kaandbaaz is probably talking about the on-road price.

Even today, the V10 coupe has an ex-showroom of just under 2 crores. The LMX has been launched at 2.97 ex-showroom. Therefore, the additional premium for the LMX is about 1 crore
Old 16th January 2015, 12:47   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Ridiculous pricing! Even the V10+ was priced too high and managed to barely sell. I think Mumbai just has one.

The premium paid for the LMX doesn't justify the slight additional power and equipment. The press note itself shows there isn't much to talk about hence they are focusing on the headlights. An R8 V10 buyer isn't going to put such big money down just for laser lights which soon will be available on all next Gen Audi cars.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 16:10   #11
PPS
Senior - BHPian

India drive of the LMX! Did not know one of these existed in India.

http://www.topgear.com/india/audi/in...-lmx/itemid-51
Audi R8 LMX launched in India at Rs. 2.97 crore-2015feb25021802.jpg
Old 25th February 2015, 17:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

Since there is lot of questions about the ridiculous pricing of a 1Cr premium for headlights and et all, can I post the below?

Imagine the LMX driving with Laser Lights in daytime and the aam-aadmi showing the Indian-way of lights-on (closing and opening of 5 fingers from a out stretched arm) and in a second the 570+Bhp monstor flying past and then the man wondering what caused a gaping hole in his palm - the car or the laser

Ridiculous pricing none the less...

Last edited by svsantosh : 25th February 2015 at 17:02.
Old 26th February 2015, 11:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
India drive of the LMX! Did not know one of these existed in India.

http://www.topgear.com/india/audi/in...-lmx/itemid-51
Attachment 1344311
Picked up the hard copy last evening and went straight to the article. Apparently the car isnt delivered to the buyer yet but TG were able to get permission from the buyer to do a report in the magazine.

The first LMX is going to Bhuvaneshwar, Odisha to a famous business man. I think that shade of paint costs quite a bit extra.
Old 10th July 2015, 21:21   #14
PPS
Senior - BHPian

The R8 LMX owner from Orissa seems quite generous when it comes to letting out his 3cr supercar to journos for a test drive !

Last edited by PPS : 10th July 2015 at 21:26.
PPS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2015, 13:09   #15
BHPian

Probably off topic, but spotted one on the Mumbai Pune Expressway yesterday
Attached Thumbnails
Audi R8 LMX launched in India at Rs. 2.97 crore-audi1.jpg  

Audi R8 LMX launched in India at Rs. 2.97 crore-audi2.jpg  

Audi R8 LMX launched in India at Rs. 2.97 crore-audi3.jpg  

Abhi99 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com